Best Jedi Class

Which is your Favorite  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Which is your Favorite

• Jedi Guardian
    • Jedi Consular
    • Jedi Sentinel

Yes, the new Lightsaber, Two-weapon-fighting, and damage reduction feats and also the Sith Marauder's Rage are quite neat.

However, I think the Jedi Master has the best class-unique feats and powers. (Lightside enlightment is not bad, but Inspire followers is very powerful).

Crush Opposition as I have read here is nothing special.

The Watchman and Assassin's Sneak Attack and Camoflage are nothing too unique, but if used correctly, the results are really pleasing.

Нека Силата винаги бъде с теб!

I reject your reality, and substitute it with my own.

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted.

John Lenon

This thread is a big "hey, f*** you!" to the humanity's intelligence.

571911[/snapback]

Sentinel for me

And for prestige class ''Sith Lord''

Edited by LordRevan

''Strike me down,and i will become more powerful''

''To know the Light you must see the Dark''

'' Join us on the path of the Darkside''

i like the guardian and the consular

the guardian for the force jump :cool: and the dueling

the consular for sweeping gangs without getting hit (force wave / stasis field)

but if I myself could be trained jedi, I would choose sentinel class. i'd like to know much of every way of fighting, and have useful skills for different missions. (even if i can't master the wisdom of jedi masters or the strength of weapon masters)

Edited by Alexei79

If you follow the class-selection guideline from KOTOR I ...

Guardians focus on combat (the game is heavily combat-oriented, so this is a logical choice ... force jump is awesome)

Sentinels focus on investigation and problem solving (buffed skills make it easier to solve the game-mechanic-based problems and unlock occaisional gems in the dialog ... not so useful, but nice in K1 ... HK-47 upgrades/dialog, Cheaper Star Forge Robes, Easy solution to the Star Forge Droid battle are a few specific examples ... but very useful in K2 ... workbench options, dialog options, T3-M4 upgrades/secrets, XP for opening stuff, XP for disabling mines, etc. ... the immunities Sentinels get are also pretty darn sweet)

Consulars focus on diplomacy and mastering knowledge of the force (again, the game is combat-oriented, so maxed force powers make you virtually unstoppable)

K2 Prestige classes are a different argument altogether ...

Watchman/Assassin are pretty much useless (with the exception of continued skill progression)

Weapon Master/Marauder are brutal in combat (especially with the bonus attack form the last force form and added bonuses from the extra feats ... I just wish they had included improved Duelling feats, not just dual-weilding)

Jedi Master/Sith Lord are devastating with their force powers (but what Jedi isn't by 20th level? ... the extended duration force form is cool, especially when applied to the LS Enlightenment bonus power ... and the extra damage force form is also cool for Sith Lords, but let's face it, there's not a challenge in the game that warrants this much power)

My choice is Sentinel ... I would prefer my Jedi characters be problem-solvers rather than diplomats or warriors ... the focus on skills is apropriate, and the immunities are an added bonus.

For K2 Prestige Classes ... I have to go with the Weapon Master/Maurader.

Watchman/Assassin are pretty much useless (with the exception of continued skill progression)

I wouldn't say useless. They get the camoflage stealth with the sneak attack bonus which can muster up some serious damage, trust me. Force Enlightment, camoflage, sneak attack, rinse and repeat :D

Just as Foxdez, I disagree that the Sith Assassin and Jedi Watchman are useless. They do have neat skill progression and defence, but also much more.

I think the Watchman is the more powerful class of the two, but both have some unique strengths: Force Camoflage and Sneak Attack. Combined in the right way, these abilities are very powerful. Cloak, sneak to the strongest opponent, and you attack you will kill or severly cripple the enemy. Also if you use Stasis/Fear/Wave the foes are stunned, and the first attack you make gets the bonuses from Sneak Attack.

The master bonuses are balanced: The Assassin(or DS Watchman) recieve +3 Dex, or simply put better defence and attack modifier. The Watchman(or LS Assassin) get +3 Con, which means more health and Fortitude saves.

However, the Jedi Watchman has a better feat and saves progression. The Watchman's feat progression remains identical to the one of the Sentinel, but the Assassin gets the feat progression of the Consular. The Assassin has high reflex, medium fortitude, and low will saves. The wil, reflex, and frotitude saves of the Watchman are ALL high! The only better thing about the Assassin is that the class gains two more tiers of Sneak Attack than the LS class, but overall the Watchman is the better class.

John Lenon

571911[/snapback]

I like the Sentinel/Watchman class. The idea of Jedi having other adventuring skills just seems so much cooler than Jedi who either are only good at combat or using the force. I like for example, the idea that Anakin and Luke are skilled pilots, and that Obi Wan is a good all-around adventurer and negotiator. It seems to go with the concept of being a "knight" and with being guardians of peace.

Of course I see the need for people to focus on the Force, and on combat, but it just seems like most situations don't require incredible light saber skills (Sith are pretty rare, and most Jedi can handle everyday bad guys) and most situations don't require incredibly deep knowledge of the Force (once again, only against Sith or really complicated situations). Those things are needed in some rare cases, but the Sentinel seems to me to be the backbone of the Jedi as they function throughout most of Star Wars history. They can handle themselves in the world, they can negotiate effectively, and they are streetsmart. They are grounded. And they are still badass enough to handle just about any situation

So I like the Sentinel for those reasons. And as far as KOTOR2 goes, it just seems to present the most game options. By the end of the game as a Sentinel/Watchman or a Sentinel/Assassin, I had maxed out almost every skill, could construct the best weapons/enhancements for every party member almost from scratch, and could handle combat situations easily (on hard difficulty, but that doesn't mean much I guess).

OK, I finally gave a Sentinel-Watchman a try.

It's really cool having all those extra skill points to throw around, but I'm thinking of trying to mix classes next time (Sentinel-Weapons Master) just for variety's sake.

OK, I finally gave a Sentinel-Watchman a try.

It's really cool having all those extra skill points to throw around, but I'm thinking of trying to mix classes next time (Sentinel-Weapons Master) just for variety's sake.

I really enjoy the Sentinel/Weapons Master mix - your skills are high enough at 15th level that they don't suffer too much from the loss of extra points, and if you chose dual-wield, you can make use of all of the WM's extra feats.

Sentinel is certainly advantageous if you don't plan to make the best use out of your party members.

Sentinel seems to get your through the game pretty quickly if that's what you are trying to accomplish

The Consular/Meaponmaster is very good too. Having the special Force feats during being a Consular, and after that you get get a real boost in combat.

John Lenon

571911[/snapback]

If you follow the class-selection guideline from KOTOR I ...

Guardians focus on combat (the game is heavily combat-oriented, so this is a logical choice ... force jump is awesome)

Sentinels focus on investigation and problem solving (buffed skills make it easier to solve the game-mechanic-based problems and unlock occaisional gems in the dialog ... not so useful, but nice in K1 ... HK-47 upgrades/dialog, Cheaper Star Forge Robes, Easy solution to the Star Forge Droid battle are a few specific examples ... but very useful in K2 ... workbench options, dialog options, T3-M4 upgrades/secrets, XP for opening stuff, XP for disabling mines, etc. ... the immunities Sentinels get are also pretty darn sweet)

Consulars focus on diplomacy and mastering knowledge of the force (again, the game is combat-oriented, so maxed force powers make you virtually unstoppable)

K2 Prestige classes are a different argument altogether ...

Weapon Master/Marauder are brutal in combat (especially with the bonus attack form the last force form and added bonuses from the extra feats ... I just wish they had included improved Duelling feats, not just dual-weilding)

Jedi Master/Sith Lord are devastating with their force powers (but what Jedi isn't by 20th level? ... the extended duration force form is cool, especially when applied to the LS Enlightenment bonus power ... and the extra damage force form is also cool for Sith Lords, but let's face it, there's not a challenge in the game that warrants this much power)

My choice is Sentinel ... I would prefer my Jedi characters be problem-solvers rather than diplomats or warriors ... the focus on skills is apropriate, and the immunities are an added bonus.

For K2 Prestige Classes ... I have to go with the Weapon Master/Maurader.

O RLY?

stop with the cnverstation this was over long ago, we all know sith lord prestige pwns nublets :p

Sentinel FTW! It's just the best choice there is.

Agreed. For the initial class, Sentinel is better than the alternatives in K2, not least because building skills is really useful (unlike K1).

For the prestige class, the jedi master class has some nice advantages to the alternatives. The jedi weapon master swims in feats, but you really don't need them. I find them totally redundant next to the extra force powers of the jedi master. The watchman is worth if only if you're into sneaking around, which I'm not. I prefer a straight fight to all this sneaking around... :)

Oh, and the sith classes are just for power-hungry little munchkins... :lol: