Oblivion GOLD!

taks

I don't expect some changes. I am expecting the Fallout 3 game not even be recognizably Fallout, SP.

Some changes I would find acceptable would be a better implementation of Continual Turn Base Combat as seen in FO: Craptics and a free form camera with a First Person toggle (A cross between NWN and Morrowind).

Harvey

I do.

Fallout 1 and Fallout 2 are part of my favorite games of all time and I hate seeing more games like FO: Craptics and FO:POS being made thusly sullying the name of Fallout.  If a developer/publisher is going to make a Fallout game it needs to be made right.

Sullying? What are you, a high-preist of Fallout? :blink: And do you OWN the Fallout IP? No.

Just keep your head up your exhaust a bit longer and you won't see what Bethesda do with the franchise, GOOD OR BAD.

Problem solved.

:thumbsup:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Do emus play PC/Console games? Wow, a whole new market! (w00t)

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

I don't expect some changes.  I am expecting the Fallout 3 game not even be recognizably Fallout, SP.

Some  changes I would find acceptable would be a better implementation of Continual Turn Base Combat as seen in FO: Craptics and a free form camera with a First Person toggle (A cross between NWN and Morrowind).

It depends on the game structure. If the game was like Morrowind. Only with FO style NPCs hanging around (over which you have no control anyway) you dont need CTB. Having CTB would be a complete waste of time as you could interface directly with the character (you could also give orders in the same manner).

It dosnt take a lot to lock onto something in first person , although Morrowind dosnt do it for gameplay reasons. It's a very simple thing to do. Ditto with things like taking cover and stance change.

A pause of some kind would be handy for target selection and aiming.

As for the writing.. Not much you can do about that.

Edited by ShadowPaladin V1.0
I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

There are a few emu farms where I live.  Emus...  Hmmm...  *munch munch munch*

You monster! :blink:

Edited by Craigboy2

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

Well, we all very much know that Real Time and SPECIAL just doesn't mix. Those who need proof of that just needs to play that craptastic game Lionheart. SPECIAL, like Dungeons and Dragons, needs a form of turn base combat in order for it to properly function. Now to expect TB combat like Fallout 1 and 2 being the only option in Fallout 3 in today's market would be ridiculous but real time is just as ridiculous as shown in Lionheart.

Edited by 6 Foot Invisible Rabbit

Harvey

Name a DnD game that has good Real Time combat. Demonstone? Nope. BGDA 1 and 2? Nope. There isn't any.

Shadowstrider, what the hell are you smoking and why aren't you sharing? SPECIAL does not work fine in real time. It is crappy in real time. I have played SPECIAL in real time and there is no way you are going to convince me otherwise.

Edited by 6 Foot Invisible Rabbit

Harvey

Uh... BG:DA's combat is pretty good. NWN's combat is rather enjoyable. BG1 and 2, IWD1 and 2.

I don't particularly like D&D, but these games are much more enjoyable than the TB counterparts.

I'll pull a you and point out PoRII combat, which sucked big time. Thus, D&D cannot possibly work in TB. RIGHT? RIGHT?

The point isnt which is easier or harder. But rather is it a required feature.

FO TB required a lot of waiting. Because your only active character was you. Your companions were all AI controlled and spent most of the time getting in the way. Or shooting the wrong thing.

If you only have one character to control why do you need TB combat ? Isnt the purpose of TB combat to allow you to overcome the limitation of only being able to do a single thing at a time ?

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Neverwinter Nights and the Infinity Engine games are not real time.  They are turn based. Basically CTB using the DnD rules set.  Nice try, but you fail.

BGDA and BGDA 2 are the second and third suckiest game BIS ever put out.

Way to edit your post, ninja-style.

At anyrate, your opinion of BGDA 1/2 is irrelevent. The combat flowed nicely, handled intuitively, and was fun.

NWN and the IE games unfold in real time, whether or not player actions are handled in turns is irrelevent.

Edited by Shadowstrider

Neverwinter Nights and the Infinity Engine games are not real time.  They are phased based. Basically CTB using the DnD rules set.  Nice try, but you fail.

It dosnt matter. Real Time is anything which dosnt make you wait unless you want to wait (by pressing pause). It dosnt matter if it's being regulated by "turns" in the background. Or by regenerating AP's. Or even just straight timing , like the reload action in an FPS.

478327[/snapback]

In NWN, as well as KotOR 1 and KotOR 2 the rounds are made up in six second intervals. You can que up future actions which will occur on your initiative that will take up the six second round. Those with higher initiatives will have their six second round ahead of those who have a lower initiative.

While the action does look real time it is indeed based on turns and how much one can do within that 6 second interval.

Harvey