Empire at War

Calax

I'm happy it doesn't have base building and actual resourse management in ground battles.

but it doesn't make for much in the way of a big fight on those puny maps.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Its weird, I hadn't seen my housemate in two day, I look at this thread, and I finally see him, turns out he's been hiding out in his room playing EAW. I guess that means its a good game.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Same as any other game at release ($50). Way too much IMO.

Spacebattles are fun, but ground... yuck  :)

(Never really liked 3D RTS anyway; totally no overview on anything, and EoW's ground battle is hectic at many places)

It's not a real 3D RTS, it's all on a flat plane. It's no different really than C&C or Starcraft in that respect.

Looks like a fun play. I will have to add this on my list of must have games.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

It's not a real 3D RTS, it's all on a flat plane.  It's no different really than C&C or Starcraft in that respect.

You talk about the spacebattles now, don't you? As that is just indeed just 2D with 3D units (and thus WAY better than ground combat, even with the awefull lot of micro-management there). Also there you can zoom out far enough to get overview

But groundbattle is like that and thus no fun. Zooming out far enough for a good view of the battle wipes out all kind of important information for some odd reason and the "good against, bad against" is far worse than any RTS. In AoE you could still kill archers with warriors if you had enough. Don't try such a thing here.

If something is "bad against" it is bad against it and dead without a scratch.

Also "natural dangers" irritates me. Tornado killing 2 squads of soldiers anyone?

And then you have to keep guard over several parts of the map to respond with the right units and stuff.

And to add to this insult the Rebel Arty has a nice habbit of re-packing if you click wrong (on some empty ground) WITH THE ATTACK BUTTON <_<

And in both the thought out the amazing system of Right-Move, left-Attack. But WHY are special powers Click on icon and then a right-click, probably killing the unit if you click wrong? :lol:

Conclussion: Far too many non-sensical micro-management to me...

Edited by BattleCookiee