Morrowind questions, need help please

Kalfear

I think I'll skip both and be just as happy as the whole lot of you. :p

I'm there! Its a plan. Kalfear skips Oblivion, I skip JE, Sniper skips both and Hades skips the werewolf. Everybody wins!

LMFAO hades an the werewolf...!!!

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me

The point to the ES series though has always been to let the player make their own way through the game as they will, following the story or not as they choose. Obviously that style of gameplay is not going to appeal to everyone. No harm, no foul. But that style of gameplay is THE guiding light behind all of the ES games, and MW comes the closest of them all to achieving that vision.

IS MW a perfect game? No absolutely not. I don't like the char gen system or the skill system. I think the game is far too easy and doesn't have enough varieties of monsters to fight. I think the gameworld doesn't punish the player harshly enough for illicit acts. I think the game is too open to metagaming, which ruins totally the very reason for playing the game. Those are just a few of the issues I have. But all my issues judge the game against what it wants to be vs what I think it should be. WHich is an important difference.

Its been my experience that I am more tolertant of a a wide variety in gameplay types than a lot of people, which is why I can play both Morrowind and Fallout with equal fervor and love them both, and I don't have to judge the one against the other and say X should be more Y or Y should be more like X.

A lot of people love MW so it is obviously not a BAD game; it does have its appeal.. It may not be your type of game, but wouldn't it be a boring world if every game played essentially the same.

I think so. But that's just my opinion there.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Your logic and reasoning are not welcome here.

:p I can't help myself. Its like this gnawing deep inside.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

No I will not download the mods to my PC.

I don't care, I was just telling you there was a mod for that...

(it's not mine)

Because (explaining the bleedingly obvious) the game has failed to entertain me.

I do not want to pretend to eat a bowl of porridge in Morrowind.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

(it's not mine)

Because (explaining the bleedingly obvious) the game has failed to entertain me.

But but but it tastes so polygonal! Yum! :p

I say we hold Metadigital down and make him eat some polygon soup. ;)

And shepherds we shall be,

for Thee, my Lord, for Thee.

Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,

that our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command.

So we shall flow a river forth unto Thee,

and teeming with souls shall it ever be,

In Nomine Patris, et Fili, et Spiritus Sancti.

I say we hold Metadigital down and make him eat some polygon soup. ;)

I would rather do something else to him, but I can't post it at this PG rated site. ;)

Like what? :o Please, do elaborate on this.

Edit: Woo, 500.

Edited by LoneWolf16

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

(it's not mine)

ROFLMAO!

Meta, intentional or not, you just basically described my feeling about UO, Morrowind, and other like minded games!!!!!!

PS: I think Alan and Gab need to start playing the Sims with the direction they going!

PPS: To the guy who sarcastically whined about people not finishing Morrowind but judging it. WE JUDGE IT on the fact we COULDNT FINISH IT! Sorry if that concept to hard for you!

Personally I dont keep doing stuff when I dont enjoy it (other then going to dentist that is). And really going to dentist more enjoyable cause at least he has good looking assistants as Eye Candy!

LOL, pretty sad when getting a wisdom tooth pulled has more enjoyable aspects then a entire computer game!

I thought that character creation was handled pretty well, including even asking you what astrological sign you were born under and how that had some bearing on gameplay.

But my favorite aspect of the game was *joinable factions*. It wasn't a perfect implementation of it, to be sure, but it set an exceptation for it in the CRPG, I believe.

The point to the ES series though has always been to let the player make their own way through the game as they will, following the story or not as they choose.  Obviously that style of gameplay is not going to appeal to everyone.  No harm, no foul.  But that style of gameplay is THE guiding light behind all of the ES games, and MW comes the closest of them all to achieving that vision.

IS MW a perfect game?  No absolutely not.  I don't like the char gen system or the skill system.  I think the game is far too easy and doesn't have enough varieties of monsters to fight.  I think the gameworld doesn't punish the player harshly enough for illicit acts.  I think the game is too open to metagaming, which ruins totally the very reason for playing the game.  Those are just a few of the issues I have.  But all my issues judge the game against what it wants to be vs what I think it should be.  WHich is an important difference.

Its been my experience that I am more tolertant of a a wide variety in gameplay types than a lot of people, which is why I can play both Morrowind and Fallout with equal fervor and love them both, and I don't have to judge the one against the other and say X should be more Y or Y should be more like X.

A lot of people love MW so it is obviously not a BAD game; it does have its appeal..  It may not be your type of game, but wouldn't it be a boring world if every game played essentially the same.

I think so.  But that's just my opinion there.

We are very much alike you and I. Being able to enjoy different types of games just brings us more fun than others on this forum who are to narrow minded to expand their little D&D world. >_<