Movies You Have Seen Lately

Dark_Raven

Ground Hogs day, it was like having the same day or thread repeating over and over again. Eternal recurrence.

In the movie Groundhog Day, Bill Murray plays a cynical weatherman. He hates his job and the town he is in. During the movie he has some realizations about the world and himself that will change his view on life for the better.

Phil Conners, played by Bill Murray, is a man who is sent to another town called Punxsutawney to cover Groundhog Day. He wakes up and goes to work downtown to meet his crew. He does a lousy news coverage of the groundhog and leaves. Rita, the camera man, and Phil, head towards home again but are blocked by a snow storm, and they are told to head back. Phil and the crew go back to town and fall back to sleep in their rooms. Phil wakes up and realizes it is Groundhog recurrently, unless he can find someway to stop it.

Phil, for a period of time feels, trapped by life and just wants to get out of this prison, so he kills himself repeatedly. He kills himself by walking in front of a car, dropping a toaster in his bath, and jumping off a building. He defines life as

Edited by WITHTEETH

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

Waiting - A movie about what goes on on any given day at a restaurant. Really "struck a chord" with me, so to speak, as that is my current industry. It's funny, and so much of it is true. If you really want to know the kind of things that can go on in a restaurant, check this one out.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Who hasn't worked in a restaurant, its the prefered job of the aimless.

The Last Emperor, I'm always pretty shocked when the guy smells the kid's poop

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

First Contact was so much better.

The last one pretty much killed the entire ST movie franchise.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Nemesis was better than Insurrection at least. They could have done so much better though. Open war with the Romulans would have been cooler than just the small fight between the Enterprise and the Scimitar.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Nemesis was better than Insurrection at least. They could have done so much better though. Open war with the Romulans would have been cooler than just the small fight between the Enterprise and the Scimitar.

IIRC I fell asleep in the cinema watching First Contact. Snore-fest. I found some of the Borg episodes much better than that.

Generations was crap: it had the staple Trek film ingredients: a couple of in-joke lines of dialoue between the characters and boring plot.

The only ST films I rate are 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 9 and 10. Insurrection and Nemesis are okay, but Frakes is such a poor director. No wonder he did Thunderbirds.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Fullmetal Jacket. Good movie by that great director Kubrick.

@ Star Trek. The best ones are the second, sixth and First Contact.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

@ Star Trek. The best ones are the second, sixth and First Contact.

"Khaaaaaannnnnnnnnn!!!"

Wrath of Khan, The Undiscovered Country & First Contact were my favorites. The Voyage Home was a fun comedic romp of a movie but not traditional ST imo. Anyway, Paramount really killed their golden goose with over-exposure (too many spin offs too quickly) more than anything else.

Movies I've seen lately: Re-watched Glory & Gettysberg. The Outlaw Josey Wales is next. :cool:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

SLC Punk!

Its extremely eerie how much my friend Sherman looks like Matt Lillard.

It was a pretty good movie all and all.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Anyway, Paramount really killed their golden goose with over-exposure (too many spin offs too quickly) more than anything else.

My favorite moments in Star Trek were when they had the big wars. With the Klingons in DS9, with the Dominion in DS9, and with the Borg in First Contact. I think if they decide to do another series, they should start a war with the Romulans.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I liked Event Horizon, but it makes more sense when you know that the script was born as one for the Warhammer 40k universe. A couple of genuinely scary bits.

I'm glad someone else liked Groundhog Day. I too found it a more than usually insightful commentary on life.

I rewatched True Romance for the bajillionth time over this weekend. Not only is it the finest script of any film I can recall, but it also has some very fine acting, especially the faceoff between Dennis Hopper and Chris Walken. Which is funny because I absolutely hated the film when I first saw it!

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Hey, I've seen Groundhog Day so many times its not funny.

I watched the Ultimate Avengers the other day. I thought it started kind of slow but picked up nicely.

True Romance is a movie I haven't seen in ages, maybe I'll rewatch it later.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.