No Fallout 3 at E3 2006

karka

Or at the very least disconnected from the gaming sight.

At the same time though, there are probably those that enjoyed morrowind and Fallout, and they actually probably were happy.

Are we just an extremely vocal minority (well...not me...I am happy as we'd never get a FO3 otherwise).

Yes, the people here are in the minority. This is a small community. Most people hear Fallout 3 is in development and, if they are familiar with it, probably look at that as good news. There are also a ton of Elder Scrolls fans. It's really only the hardcore fans that are concerned.

I think it would be better if they renamed it: Fallout 3, the irradiation of the Eldar Scrolls.

Seriously, with Oblivion coming out soon, I don't know why we'd read so much into whether FO3 shows at E3 or not. I mean, there's going to be a shortage of boothbabes also, from what I hear.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Me people ?

I'd prefer Obsidian did it.

I'm not a huge fan of Bethesda's games. I do the explore the world thing for the weekend, then realise how pointless it is. They have never had a story that gripped me enough to compell me on.

Although I'd still acknowledge they are good at what they have chosen to do , without thumscrews :D

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Me people ?

I'd prefer Obsidian did it.

I'm not a huge fan of Bethesda's games. I do the explore the world thing for the weekend, then realise how pointless it is. They have never had a story that gripped me enough to compell me on.

Although I'd still acknowledge they are good at what they have chosen to do , without thumscrews :D

I loved Morrowind's story but it was diluted in the size of the gameworld, which was quite empty, not enough things to do or people to talk to. But that is the only gripe I have with the game.

Are you people frustrated that Obsidian doesn't have the Fallout licence or do you really hate Bethesda?

Not frustrated that Obsidian doesn't have it, nor do I hate Bethesda. I'm just frustrated that Bethesda has it, which is something that I hate. Having tried Morrowind for a few hours, I had hoped I would never have to touch a game by that company again and would have lived happily ever after if we had taken seperate paths, just leaving each other alone.

I would almost say anybody but Bethesda, who is the antieverythingfalloutstandsfor... >_

Wasn't that diplomatically put ? :lol:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Are you people frustrated that Obsidian doesn't have the Fallout licence or do you really hate Bethesda?

Bethesda is the best with open-endedness and that is one of the main things the Fallout series is known for is it not?

Fallout is known for having an open-ended story, bethesda is know for having an open-ended world with litle story.

Looking at the games bethesda made and comparing them with the fallout games i find litle similarity.

qwb,

Bethesda is the best with open-endedness and that is one of the main things the Fallout series is known for is it not?

Fallout is known for having an open-ended story, bethesda is know for having an open-ended world with litle story.

Looking at the games bethesda made and comparing them with the fallout games i find litle similarity.

qwb,

That reply made more sense to me than any other I have read about this subject. I can finally have an opinion on this, thank you! >_<

Why are we here? What is the meaning of our existence?

These and other though questions will be answered by Mr. Kumquatq3, weighing enough to take down mature battle chimp, in blue corner. His contender is in red corner: Miss Gabrielle! Weighing... umm proper weight of woman of her height.

Let the battle begin!!

...Or not.

Edited by kirottu

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Astr0Creep, they make games that are so open ended that they might as well be single player MMORPGs. Ultimately, they make pretty boring games. I think it is good Fallout 3 is not at E3. Frankly, I would be perfectly happy never see Fallout 3 made.

I don't know what bullcrap they pulled to say "fans rejoiced" about Fallout 3. Nearly every Fallout fan I know were screaming at the bit cursing Herve and Bethesda. When Fallout 3 is finally released I don't see it being well recieved at all.

Harvey

Astr0Creep, they make games that are so open ended that they might as well be single player MMORPGs.  Ultimately, they make pretty boring games.  I think it is good Fallout 3 is not at E3.  Frankly, I would be perfectly happy never see Fallout 3 made.

I don't know what bullcrap they pulled to say "fans rejoiced" about Fallout 3.  Nearly every Fallout fan I know were screaming at the bit cursing Herve and Bethesda.  When Fallout 3 is finally released I don't see it being well recieved at all.

Indeed us fanatics cried foul when F3 was sold off. Murder most foul it is.

When Fallout 3 is finally released I don't see it being well recieved at all.

I think Oblivion will tell us alot about how it will be recieved. Let's be clear tho, your talking about us FO fanboys, not the console masses. If Oblivion is generally recieved well and sells well, then FO will prolly be recieved in the same way by the masses.

The only question would be: will "we" like it.