No Fallout 3 at E3 2006

karka

Astr0Creep, they make games that are so open ended that they might as well be single player MMORPGs.  Ultimately, they make pretty boring games.  I think it is good Fallout 3 is not at E3.  Frankly, I would be perfectly happy never see Fallout 3 made.

I don't know what bullcrap they pulled to say "fans rejoiced" about Fallout 3.  Nearly every Fallout fan I know were screaming at the bit cursing Herve and Bethesda.  When Fallout 3 is finally released I don't see it being well recieved at all.

I would've been very happy with a remake of Fallout 1&2 in one package, developped by the original team behind the first.

The reason for this is that I recently tried F2 again and the bland graphics and iffy controls put me off. I don't like the conversation system either and the pacing is too slow for me. The music doesn't help either, being sleep inducing and all.

Wether a Fallout3 ever sees the light of day... Meh.

I think Oblivion will tell us alot about how it will be recieved. Let's be clear tho, your talking about us FO fanboys, not the console masses. If Oblivion is generally recieved well and sells well, then FO will prolly be recieved in the same way by the masses.

The only question would be: will "we" like it.

I think it probably will failing any catastrophic buggyness.

It's fallout Jim but not as we know it :D

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

I think Oblivion will tell us alot about how it will be recieved. Let's be clear tho, your talking about us FO fanboys, not the console masses. If Oblivion is generally recieved well and sells well, then FO will prolly be recieved in the same way by the masses.

The only question would be: will "we" like it.

I think it probably will failing any catastrophic buggyness.

It's fallout Jim but not as we know it :D

More like: "I'm a game designer Jim, not a slave to fanboys!"

The music doesn't help either, being sleep inducing and all.

There are those that would kill you for that

I'm sorry but it is boring most of the time.

And you know what?

COME GET SOME :lol:

You have just made it to the black list...

wathingyou6px.jpg

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

And you know what?

COME GET SOME :lol:

wathingyou6px.jpg

OooOOooooOoo the black list, THE BLACK LIIISSTT! <_<

I was just annoyed by the MONOTONOUS music. I actually like the games the first time I played them. And the second. But it's been years since and I guess I'm more dependant on technology advancements then I thought thats all.

I'm hooked on Torment again though...

I would've been very happy with a remake of Fallout 1&2 in one package, developped by the original team behind the first.

The reason for this is that I recently tried F2 again and the bland graphics and iffy controls put me off. I don't like the conversation system either and the pacing is too slow for me. The music doesn't help either, being sleep inducing and all.

I dont think Fallouts aged particularly well, although at the time it was definately SPECIAL :D :huh:

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Everyone seems to judge Bethesda on one game. Personally I remember and loved Daggerfall and Redguard. Redguard was more of an action-adventure game, but it had a very tight story.

As others have stated, Oblivion will tell us whether Bethesda has learned from Morrowind. I don't see the need to be so negative about it.

And you know what?

COME GET SOME :huh:

wathingyou6px.jpg

I was just annoyed by the MONOTONOUS music. I actually like the games the first time I played them. And the second. But it's been years since and I guess I'm more dependant on technology advancements then I thought thats all.

Maybe you are just hooked by actual storyline?

But seriously, don't talk smack about Fallout... These people don't take to kindly to it. ;)

And you know what?

COME GET SOME :huh:

wathingyou6px.jpg

Maybe you are just hooked by actual storyline?

But seriously, don't talk smack about Fallout... These people don't take to kindly to it. ;)

Maybe they should go and read the "freedom of speach" thread... <_<

Everyone seems to judge Bethesda on one game.  Personally I remember and loved Daggerfall and Redguard.  Redguard was more of an action-adventure game, but it had a very tight story. 

As others have stated, Oblivion will tell us whether Bethesda has learned from Morrowind.  I don't see the need to be so negative about it.

The point is not that they make bad games, the point is that they make very un-fallout games. I personally don't like the type of game daggerfall was(the only bethesda game i've ever played). Maybe Bethesda can make a game in the spirit of fallout, but it seems unlikely to me because they would have to completely change their modus operandi.

Qwb,

It isn't if a gamecompany only makes type X they can no longer make Type Y or Z!

If that was the case, new gametypes would have never been created in the first place...

(Oh, but you have no FPS-making experience; so you cannot make Wolfenstein! or Westwoord cannot make RTS... nobody can (since not invented). So no Dune2 for anybody!)

Fallout's great story:

OMG our macguffin is totally b0rk3d! go and fetch another one, plz. ktb.

I'm sure Bethesda's devs are totally ****ting themselves at the thought of surpassing that Wagnerian epic. :/

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I dont think Fallouts aged particularly well, although at the time it was definately SPECIAL :D :lol:

Fallouts have aged perfectly well, which is why they are still popular now and people still praise them.