PS3 costs Sony $800 ?

karka

Why don't we not worry about the retail cost, release dates, and other useless speculation of the PS3 till... I don't know... when it is released.  >_<

They did the exact same thing with the PS2. 800$-1000$ starting price. It was released at half that. I'm not worried, they're just building hype.

Could be counterproductive though. Although I dont think they have any worries in Japan the Game Cube is outselling the 360 over there.

What I'm looking for is the sort of generation gap that occurs between FFIX and FFX but I dont think I'm going to find that on any machine.

Edited by ShadowPaladin V1.0
I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Could be counterproductive though. Although I dont think they have any worries in Japan the Game Cube is outselling the 360 over there.

What I'm looking for is the sort of generation gap that occurs between FFIX and FFX but I dont think I'm going to find that on any machine.

Agreed. I haven't yet seen a next-gen console game that has taken such a leap in graphics.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

the nintendo outsales all in japan >_<

It outsells the x-box. From what I recall Sony is the major powerhouse in Japan though.

Agreed. I haven't yet seen a next-gen console game that has taken such a leap in graphics.

It's not just graphics although they are obviously improved. The PS3 should easily do graphics comparable to the FFX FMV sequences although the FMV sequences will be equally improved too.

Rather FFIX came on 4 discs, and had no speech. FFX came on a single DVD and had 99% speech.

This made the transition between FFIX and X mindblowing :)

So I guess what I'm saying in a rambling sort of way is there needs to be more to a next gen machine than just prettier graphics. And it needs to be game oriented, because I really dont care if the PS3 can make toast and coffee as you play :thumbsup:

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

the nintendo outsales all in japan :thumbsup:

Yeah, back in 1990

$800 is the supposed manufacturing cost per unit. Even if that amount was 100% confirmed as being accurate it shouldnt be confused with the actual retail price. Xbox and 360 are loss leaders. No reason for thinking that Sony wouldn't follow suit and release the PS3 at a competitive price... and so as a result I predict the games will be pretty expensive, especially when factoring in the cost of Blu Ray discs.

After this news, i can say that, i won't buy PS3. Instead, i'm gonna buy 360 and revo.

(399$ + 250$ = 649$ still less than PS3)

This dosnt even qualify as news.

Only idiots would base any sort of purchase on this.

478327[/snapback]

I'd be surprised if the PS3 was more than 400 dollars.

Sony wants to stay on top.

Go pay that much for a bloody game system.

R00fles!

Hmm... I paid that much for my PC... and that's one of my gaming systems...

j00 l0ze n00b :p

Sorry babe but you lose. :)

You can get more out of your pc unlike a console. But i won't go into the console rant so I'll leave it at that, unless you push it of course. :p

My PC cost 2000 I think my PS2 was way better value. I'd still think that if they cost the same though.

Unltimately the cost of the unit is bugger all compared to how much your going to spend on the games.

478327[/snapback]

One GPU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16814131004

That's $589 for the graphics card alone. And it will still not hold a candle (probably) to the Playstation 3 once it is released. Consoles are great value for money, no doubt about it.

It's much cheaper to buy one console for gaming and a cheap PC for everything else (email, chat, surfing, work etc.) than buying a top-of-the-line PC that matches the new consoles. You don't email better for those $2000 you just spent on a new super PC.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

It's much cheaper to buy one console for gaming and a cheap PC for everything else (email, chat, surfing, work etc.) than buying a top-of-the-line PC that matches the new consoles. You don't email better for those $2000 you just spent on a new super PC.

absolutely right...that is one reason I went to consoles as my primary gaming solution: as technology increases, consoles are going to be able to deliver the cutting edge technology (required to play the better titles) at a much more scalable and cost-effective price.

but one thing I like is the fact that sims, builders, and strategy games have generally not been too greedy in this area....pcs for strategy games and consoles for all else is not a bad way to do it.

I'd be surprised if the PS3 was more than 400 dollars.

Sony wants to stay on top.

Go pay that much for a bloody game system.

R00fles!

Hmm... I paid that much for my PC... and that's one of my gaming systems...

j00 l0ze n00b ;)

Sorry babe but you lose. :)

You can get more out of your pc unlike a console. But i won't go into the console rant so I'll leave it at that, unless you push it of course. :rolleyes:

PCs PWN Consoles!!!

Deadly_Nightshade

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot