Man, could I go for a Rose of the Prophet Muhammad

kumquatq3

And they don't buy Danish cheese anymore...

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Is it true that Muslims are not supposed to make any depictions of living creatures? I thought that was absurd, but then I thought about Islamic art and I know they have a lot of geometric designs n' stuff but I can't think of any famous portraits or anything.

If that's the case, then why are movies and TV n' stuff okay? Or do only extremists take it that far- like in Taliban Afghanistan?

Edited by Fairplay

What the hell is this Freedom Fries thing?

In America, they changed the name French Fries to Freedom to protest against France refusing to take part in the immediate Iraki invasion. France demanded more time to investigate the threat of WMD. Bush said "f*** you, we invade now and you will then help clean it upat your own expense, just like the rest of the world. Whould you buy our crappy cars please?"

French fries is a silly name anyway. In England we just call them chips.

Anyway, what's with the random erruption of hate for Denmark. Those cartoons were so old and it's not like they've ever been PC: Clicky

There are none that are right, only strong of opinion. There are none that are wrong, only ignorant of facts

Anyway, what's with the random erruption of hate for Denmark. Those cartoons were so old and it's not like they've ever been PC: Clicky

About as polictically incorrect as you can get :lol:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

French fries is a silly name anyway. In England we just call them chips.

Yeah, but you guys have always been doing everything opposite of the rest of Europe... I mean, driving on the other side of the road? calling meters yards.. speaking English as your mothertounge...

when will it end??

Fortune favors the bald.

It's already ended. We're the 52nd state of the U.S now.

kinda like US dumping old parent England in an oldage-home.. before we know it you'll all be deported to Florida..

Like Canada!

Canada has already conquered Florida. It's swarming with Canadians on winter holiday right now. :p

It's already ended. We're the 52nd state of the U.S now.

kinda like US dumping old parent England in an oldage-home.. before we know it you'll all be deported to Florida..

Like Canada!

Canada has already conquered Florida. It's swarming with Canadians on winter holiday right now. :p

I know. French Canadians.

This is stupid, not stupider than freedom fries but still bad.

As for Muhammed :

Christ is the son of God - Mohammed is a prophet. As a prophet he brings the message, sets guidelines, educates , etc.

Mohammed is a man ,he can make mistakes but in general is meant to be seen as the rolemodel for all men in manners and worship. But Mohammed was never meant to be even near Gods level, this is further highlighted by Abu Baker (the first caliphate) when he made a speech after Mohd's death saying basically that Islam isn't about Mohd. its about God. More specificially he said something along the lines of : Mohammed is a man and he has gone, if you joined to worship God, God and Islam live on.

This is stupid, not stupider than freedom fries but still bad.

As for Muhammed :

Christ is the son of God - Mohammed is a prophet. As a prophet he brings the message, sets guidelines, educates , etc.

Mohammed is a man ,he can make mistakes but in general is meant to be seen as the rolemodel for all men in manners and worship. But Mohammed was never meant to be even near Gods level, this is further highlighted by Abu Baker (the first caliphate) when he made a speech after Mohd's death saying basically that Islam isn't about Mohd. its about God. More specificially he said something along the lines of : Mohammed is a man and he has gone, if you joined to worship God, God and Islam live on.

Christ is not the son of God. Christ was a smart, educated man who came back on his home soil after 20 years of walking the known world and began educating his fellow man. The knowledge he posessed was so advanced compared to that of his people that they worshipped him as the son of God, a God that does not exist.

Let the flaming... BEGIN!