Post your desktop!

Bokishi

You asked for it.

post-1607-1140070045_thumb.jpg

Holy crap (w00t)

Someone needs to learn to organize. :thumbsup:"

It is organized. I know what's there :)

It's a habit of just putting everything on my desktop, since it means that I have less difficulty in finding it...especially for software downloads. Though I have recently started downloading into a "downloads" folder, as I'm running out of real estate. It works nice because, for instance, to play Hearts of Iron 2 I just have to hit 'H' and hit enter.

Oh, and I only count 96 icons!

My desktop.

dsktp.JPG

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Ah! Thanks :shifty:

Actually the current icon placement had a reason; it was meant to go along with a wallpaper I made so that together it felt more uniform and user-friendly (for instance one of the shortcuts in it is actually a folder with a custom icon that has links to game shortcuts, another is for programs, etc.). In time the wallpaper moved on but the positioning remained.

I prefer the queue of icons that start from the upper left, and work their way down until they hit the bottom, at which point they start just to the right of that previous column. Less work :D

Though I'm not sure how, they have been slightly altered. For instance, Half-Life 2 is not first, even though I got my computer 2 days before it came out (with the sole purpose of playing Half-Life 2). There may have been some other installs first, but Pirates! and Vampire should be after them definitely, as they were purchased well after Half-Life 2. Though it is appropriate that they are beside each other...I got both for Christmas one year.

I imagine I did a rearrange at one point, if perhaps the alignment got messed up or something. Games like BF2 filled voids left by uninstalled games.

Edited by alanschu

I don't know how people can stand 'busy' desktops. I used to have lots of shortcuts but I found I never actually used them much. I guess I don't have enough things I want to access any faster than opening Explorer (always open/in the taskbar) or via whatever program I have open. :shifty: Don't have much installed either, in fact I need to uninstall a few games.

My desktop is usually filled with the PSP window anyway...sometimes it's up for days.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Awww, no pictures of Atton in compromising positions? :shifty:

Those are behind the big picture. :-

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

My desktop.

dsktp.JPG

FLCL for the win?

Of course. Best anime ever. I've had this wallpaper for years now. And before that I had a Rei one. Gainax for the win.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: