FF XII

ramza

but it paled in comparison to FFVII which is one of my favorites RPGs of all time.

FFVII Sucked! ;)

Maybe it does compared to previous FF titles however it is still much better then the FFs that followed and it basically made what the PS1 is today.

Aha! That was the one I played, 'cause I bought it for my PSone.

Stupid game.

I bought a PS1 WITH and FOR FF7. Cost me like 400$can. Never regretted it. I played the s*** out of that game. And many others.

Oh, I played it. I played past that stupid swampy-thing, then past that bit with the hillside soldier camp doodad, then got to that big map of places with the rock caves and all the other different bits.

Hours. Days. Weeks. And yes, months of pretty solid playing, before I looked at what I'd done, what I had to do, and where I was, and then gave up. It just wasn't fun, it was feeding an obsessive-compulsive itch, is all. :rolleyes:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Now here is a game that is based upon a classic. :p

Is this a record. 12 sequels? :thumbsup:

Maybe the record is held by MegaMan?

Have you ever played a FF game?

They are not related, they only use similar ideas.

Megaman is up to 8 and the X series is up to 8 as well FYI.

I have only played Final Fantasy 1. I have not had the chance to play the others. I am nieve. :">

Now here is a game that is based upon a classic. :)

Is this a record. 12 sequels? :o

Have you ever played a FF game?

They are not related, they only use similar ideas.

Megaman is up to 8 and the X series is up to 8 as well FYI.

I have only played Final Fantasy 1. I have not had the chance to play the others. I am nieve. :">

Ah, I see.

Every Final Fantasy is a different story (except X-2). Different cast, world, storyline. They do re-use a lot of things though. Such as town names, types of transportation, minor character names, weapons, magic... on occasion they use similar storyline ideas (such as The Promised Land, Ancients...).

You forgot Cid

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

Now here is a game that is based upon a classic. :thumbsup:

Is this a record. 12 sequels? :lol:

Might & Magic.

Although not related to each other, the record for games from a franchise is Star Trek (in the order of 20-30, but that includes the first ever game on any computer, a matrix of text-as-graphical "radar" readout of the current sector).

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Now here is a game that is based upon a classic. :lol:

Is this a record. 12 sequels? :thumbsup:

Might & Magic.

Although not related to each other, the record for games from a franchise is Star Trek (in the order of 20-30, but that includes the first ever game on any computer, a matrix of text-as-graphical "radar" readout of the current sector).

Might and Magic? :huh:

What is that?

Now here is a game that is based upon a classic. >_<

Is this a record. 12 sequels? :)

Might & Magic.

Might and Magic? :lol:

What is that?

Might & Magic IX

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

They're still doing this?

And people still play them?

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I was talking about Final Fantasy.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

They're still doing this?

And people still play them?

The last one sold 1.2 million in one weekend in Japan. Final Fantasy X has sold 7 million worldwide. So yeah, some people still play them.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

So this is a standalone game?

Yes, the only thing that marks a resemblence to the other FF's, is that there are:

- Chocobo's, Cactuars, Moogles <-- Different sorts of animals

- Someone is named Cid, mostly a sea/airpirate.

- Summons like Shiva, Ifrit and Bahamut

- Several diffirent fiends like bomb, Tonberry etc.

- Other smaller details that i don't remember.

The rest, like world, setting, characters, story, gameplay, etc is changed between each installment. Thus, making it possible for a FFXXX without getting tedious.

The only direct sequel was FFX-2 to the original FFX (but they even changed the gameplay between those two).

Edited by Meshugger

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

"They are not related, they only use similar ideas."

Eh? They very much are related. They may not be direct sequels; but related they are.

"... And was a MMORPG."

No. That's FF 12 (X2). FF X-2 is the sequel to FFX.

Big difference.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

are you looking forward to this game? even though I really like the final fantasy series and own almost every game, I think that the way they have been using the franchise, since the release of the PS2, completely sucks.

FF X got a sequel (and I didn't like the sphere-system of FF X anyway), FF XI is online only and FF XII seems ... like too much... I like the fact that the story takes place in Ivalice but what the heck... I saw so many airships in the trailers that I had the impression that I was watching star wars (with all the visual effects, etc). I hate it when technology gets in a medieval-like setting. FF VI, VII and VIII did manage to successfully combine magic and technology but I am not very convinced by the result in FF XII. Of course, I should first play the game before making any judgements. But I feel nostalgic when I come to play the old-school FF games.

cheers.

Don't really care about it, 12's too many than there's the spin offs...

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf

"They are not related, they only use similar ideas."

Eh? They very much are related. They may not be direct sequels; but related they are.

"... And was a MMORPG."

No. That's FF 12 (X2). FF X-2 is the sequel to FFX.

Big difference.

What! :) Volo, pass some of that stuff around!

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Get it, he is saying you are all doped up on drugs!