FF XII

ramza

I think it's odd that someone would complain about not being able to get certain components and spells and junk in VIII (great game) but doesn't care a whit about the awful Knights of the Round materia in VII. Now THAT was awful.

Whats awful about hitting the enemy (12x9999)x3 damage?

FFX-2 was pretty awful...or at least, it SHOULD have been, but somehow, it was actually fun. If you want a big epic story, or an actual story then erm, go somewhere else, but nice enough battle system with 'tounge in cheek' gameplay/diologue.

The soundtrack was a complete abomination.

MISSION TIME!

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Jesus, try beating Emerald Weapon without knights of the round. It's a bitch, I can tell you.

Yup. With KotR you can beat him in like 3-4 rounds. he can barely take a shot at you. But then again, the reward for beating him is useless.

The reward of getting KotR in the first place was a reward enough for me with all that Chocobo breeding.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

FFX-2 was pretty awful...or at least, it SHOULD have been, but somehow, it was actually fun. If you want a big epic story, or an actual story then erm, go somewhere else, but nice enough battle system with 'tounge in cheek' gameplay/diologue.

MISSION TIME!

The story was no worse then FFXs. In fact, it gets points for atleast being somewhat original.

The soundtrack was awsome too.

MISSION TIME!

The story was no worse then FFXs. In fact, it gets points for atleast being somewhat original.

FFX-2's soundtrack was awesome? You have a weird taste.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

The story was no worse then FFXs.  In fact, it gets points for atleast being somewhat original.

Doubling the 'weird taste' comment. You are the first person who I have EVER heard defend the soundtrack.

As for story, FFX at least had cinimatic liniarity strung togeather with cutscenes, FFX2 was an odd mishmash of sidequests with a 'main plot' that felt pretty tacked on and pointless.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

The story was no worse then FFXs.  In fact, it gets points for atleast being somewhat original.

Doubling the 'weird taste' comment. You are the first person who I have EVER heard defend the soundtrack.

As for story, FFX at least had cinimatic liniarity strung togeather with cutscenes, FFX2 was an odd mishmash of sidequests with a 'main plot' that felt pretty tacked on and pointless.

Yes and who in their right mind wouldn't like playing a bunch of girls, changing outfits to outwit another fashiongirl and playing dressup 50 times an hour?

but it paled in comparison to FFVII which is one of my favorites RPGs of all time.

FFVII Sucked! :)

Maybe it does compared to previous FF titles however it is still much better then the FFs that followed and it basically made what the PS1 is today.

I thought IX was better than VII but I'll agree with you that it did make the PlayStation what it is today. I also think that the majority of gamers who say that FFVII was the best in the series never played the FF games prior to it or they did at some point but FFVII was their first. I don't have a problem with it....I think FFVII helped the series tremendously as far as popularity goes.

but it paled in comparison to FFVII which is one of my favorites RPGs of all time.

Maybe it does compared to previous FF titles however it is still much better then the FFs that followed and it basically made what the PS1 is today.

I thought IX was better than VII but I'll agree with you that it did make the PlayStation what it is today. I also think that the majority of gamers who say that FFVII was the best in the series never played the FF games prior to it or they did at some point but FFVII was their first. I don't have a problem with it....I think FFVII helped the series tremendously as far as popularity goes.

I really enjoyed FF9 the first time I played it. But not so the second time, which is the complete opposite with FF8. Hated it the first time, loved it the second. Go figure. FFX... WAY to linear, kind of boring and the worst voice acting.

FFX... WAY to linear, kind of boring and the worst voice acting.

Agreed!

I hate RPG's that make you stick to one path throughout the whole game. It basically takes you by the hand and walks you to the end. I like having the freedom to explore the game world and figure stuff out on my own. Some linearity is ok but too much of it ruins the fun, imo.

Edited by Setzer

"it basically made what the PS1 is today."

Aha! You admit that FF7 was so crpapy that it killed the PS since it made the PS1 what it is today.. and, last I checked, the PS1 is dead.

HAHAHAHAHA!!!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Aha! You admit that FF7 was so crpapy that it killed the PS since it made the PS1 what it is today.. and, last I checked, the PS1 is dead.

HAHAHAHAHA!!!

is that a reply worthy of a 10-year old?

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

no comment...

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

HAHAHAHAHA!!!

So is the Super Nintendo Entertainment System. By your "logic" anyway.

Oh and also, I can spell "crappy" just fine thank you.

Yes and who in their right mind wouldn't like playing a bunch of girls, changing outfits to outwit another fashiongirl and playing dressup 50 times an hour?

Well, I'm not saying the game is all that great. Only that it was a vast improvement over FFX in my opinion.

As for the music comment, so what If I liked it? It's nice to see something other then pure symphonic tracks in an RPG.

FFVII Sucked! :-

Aha! That was the one I played, 'cause I bought it for my PSone.

Stupid game.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Aha! That was the one I played, 'cause I bought it for my PSone.

Stupid game.

I bought a PS1 WITH and FOR FF7. Cost me like 400$can. Never regretted it. I played the s*** out of that game. And many others.