FF XII

ramza

The ONLY thing I liked about FFX-2 was the return of the Job system. If the story wasn't about a wannabe Lara Croft tagging along with her Charlie's Angels crew, looking for her whiney boyfriend, I may have enjoyed it.  o:)

And the story about a futuristic soccer player saving the world is any better? :-

I didn't like FFX so.... no, it wouldn't be any better.

The ONLY thing I liked about FFX-2 was the return of the Job system. If the story wasn't about a wannabe Lara Croft tagging along with her Charlie's Angels crew, looking for her whiney boyfriend, I may have enjoyed it.  :thumbsup:

And the story about a futuristic soccer player saving the world is any better? :thumbsup:

Now you're being too simplistic. Any guy saving the world-scenario is used in, let's say, atleast 90% of all RPG's :luck:

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

X2 should have been a anime or cg movie

VIII needed to simplify their system and work on the battle lvls... you could technically hit max lvl in the first dungon.

X was probably the best story telling

VII was my favorite... it had a good enough story to survive a few drawbacks.

VI I've never been able to beat... the problem i had with it was that it's so LONG!

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

The ONLY thing I liked about FFX-2 was the return of the Job system. If the story wasn't about a wannabe Lara Croft tagging along with her Charlie's Angels crew, looking for her whiney boyfriend, I may have enjoyed it.  :thumbsup:

And the story about a futuristic soccer player saving the world is any better? :thumbsup:

Now you're being too simplistic. Any guy saving the world-scenario is used in, let's say, atleast 90% of all RPG's :luck:

I was only being as simplistic as Setzer was when he was describing the FFX-2 plot. :)

The ONLY thing I liked about FFX-2 was the return of the Job system. If the story wasn't about a wannabe Lara Croft tagging along with her Charlie's Angels crew, looking for her whiney boyfriend, I may have enjoyed it.  :shifty:

And the story about a futuristic soccer player saving the world is any better? :)

Now you're being too simplistic. Any guy saving the world-scenario is used in, let's say, atleast 90% of all RPG's :)

I was only being as simplistic as Setzer was when he was describing the FFX-2 plot. :)

I don't think I was being simplistic. :)

VI I've never been able to beat... the problem i had with it was that it's so LONG!

6 was fantastic :thumbsup:

Probably my fav :(

My fav too and imo, the best in the series.

I have to try that one out. Hopefully when the Revution is released, i may give it a try through its backwards compability(i refuse to use emulators).

- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I have to try that one out. Hopefully when the Revution is released, i may give it a try through its backwards compability(i refuse to use emulators).

Why refuse? :)

In any case, it's a great game. Just don't go in expecting anything but a JRPG.

Why refuse? :)

In any case, it's a great game. Just don't go in expecting anything but a JRPG.

No doubt about it being a great game, since i only heard praise about it. But i'll get the Revolution eventually, so it's just a matter time.

- George Bernard Shaw

- Friedrich Nietzsche

- Some guy 

6 was fantastic :wub:

Probably my fav :)

If you have a playstation you can just buy the Final Fantasy Anthology, which has both it and 5.

I enjoyed FFVIII's story and thought the soundtrack was amazing. As far as the gameplay goes....I absolutely despised the "Draw" system and while the Guardian Force animations were cool to watch the first few times it got old and there was no way to skip through them.

"Why did you stress how good FFVIII is?"

'Cause it's easily my favorite FF, and there's a sec t of players who bash it recently... though people like Darque show their genius when praising the game.

Also, a believe someone earlier in the thread made a negative comment about (unless I'm misremembering)...

"I absolutely despised the "Draw" system"

I like the Draw System though no doubt it has its faults so i cna udnerstand why someone would dislike it.

" and while the Guardian Force animations were cool to watch the first few times it got old and there was no way to skip through them."

Agree totally though, of cours,e it should be noted that with most of the GF clalings at least you could actually participate unlike most other GFs in other FF games where you are 100% a passive viewer.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

See, I thought Final Fantasy VIII wasn't good because Squall is emo and the storyline is trite; but then I liked the gameplay.

Summon Shiva! ~

Wait, who are you people?

Also: Man Fran is hot.

Edited by Nartwak

I didn't really like Squall, I thought the story was pretty good, nothing to special though (like most FF, expect a few).

I actually was not a big fan of the gameplay. I hated how EXP was divided among the party members. Squall was always the strongest and always got the last hit, which gave him more EXP and made the teams incredibly uneven at times. You can't remove him either! I also hated how you used stocked magic to increase stats, it really did not encourge me to make mage-type characters, since using magic would make them weaker over time. GF system was pretty good, I just hated how they tied gameplay mechanics into that lousy plot twist towards the end (YOU know what i'm talking about).

One thing I really liked was how every character had their own unique Limit break style.

But that was about it as far as gameplay goes...

I enjoyed the game far more then XI though, even with the iffy storyline moments.

Because 8 is awesome of course :)

It was an odd comment though, no one was questioning VIIIs awsomeness. :)

I was. Its ok up until the end of the 2nd disc. Not good, just ok. Then after it hits disc 3 it begins its journey into suckville. By disc four it has arrived, and successfully ran for mayor. The characters suck, the villain is one of the worst in video game history, and anything decent about the story is overruled by the stupid orphanage thing, time compression, and the lovesick spacewalk. Also, the junction system sucked ass. Makes levelling completely pointless since 9999 is the max HP and at level 80 I had 138 with nothing junctioned.

Its the worst of the Final Fantasy's Not counting X-2.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

FF8 is awesome. Anyone who dislikes hold s avery poor opinion.

FF2,6,7, and 10 are all also pretty good.

Other FFs all need help.

Why don't you admit that you have bad tastes?

FF VIII was one of the crappiest FF titles among the first 9 (I won't mention those that came after since they aren't worth mentioning). Even though it had great music, great cinematics and an interesting story, the gameplay screwed it all. As some people have mentioned it: the draw system was horrible! I had to play for approximately one hour in each boss battle, in order to get 100 of a specific spell that you couldn't get otherwise. The junction system is difficult to manage: first, if you cast spells, your stats get lower, and I prefer games in which your stats increase naturally when you level up (I dont understand why they had to complicate things). The GF system was boring: I hated the fact that I had to rely on my summons most of time in order to win a battle. The weapon improvement system was annoying too: it was hard to get most of the pieces required in order to improve my stuff. and most of the times, I had to transform cards into items in order to do that. and I dont hate anything more than those damn card games! Forcing me to play them in order to get those rare items was just a pain in the ass. I liked the characters though (I was exactly like squall when I was a teenager).

FF6 had a great plot and interesting characters, but it paled in comparison to FFVII which is one of my favorites RPGs of all time. Nice music, charismatic characters, plot twists, easy-to-use materia system, etc. Concerning FFIX, it had the merrit to go back to the early roots of the series, introducing characters that had the classic jobs (knight, thief, mage, priest, summoner, ninja, etc). It also had nice minigames, but the story was dull and boring after the third CD.

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p

The only one I didn't like was IX. The minigames were horrid, and I didn't like the characters or the setting. Also, I never played XI.

However, I haven't really loved an FF since VI. What was really neat was watching the improvement from IV to VI. It seemed like they really wrung the animations, sounds, controller input, and the cartridge memory, among other things, for every ounce of value. Plus, I liked the characters - and there were a lot of them.

There were a lot of optional quests to pursue. I was really blown away at the half-way point in the game. No FF since then has had as much optional material in it, which makes them feel overly linear.

I think it's odd that someone would complain about not being able to get certain components and spells and junk in VIII (great game) but doesn't care a whit about the awful Knights of the Round materia in VII. Now THAT was awful.

I never said that I got the Knights of the Round materia... actually, I didn't even bother seeking it since I could finish the game without it.

Consider that materia as extra phat loot.... of the same kind you could find in BG2 ToB

"Ooo, squirrels, Boo! I know I saw them! Quick, throw nuts!" -Minsc

"I am a well-known racist in the Realms! Elves? Dwarves? Ha! Kill'em all! Humans rule! -Me

Volourn will never grow up, he's like the Black Peter Pan, here to tell you that it might be great to always be a child, but everybody around is gonna hate it. :p