Comics

Calax

Well I guess I'll make a new topic.

I made this because I thought you guys might want to check out Supreme Power. It's published by Max (think Virtigo... only for marvel) so it's got boobies. The main plot revolves around a superman style character (right down to lazer eyes and super hearing) who is raised to be a perfect citizen and a weapon for the government... except that when he finds this out, he goes rogue... it's quite complicated and fun.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I wish I had enough money to buy comics still. But I have to choose between Comics and DVDs... and DVDs win. Though I can still buy a trade or two when I have some extra cash. Theres a new Lucifer one coming out in march that I have to save for.

Have any other canadians noticed that the Canadian price on the back of books and comics when compared to the US price doesn't reflect the exchange rate? The Canadian dollar is worth 85 cents US, yet an $8US book is still 11 bucks Canadian, or a $14 trade is like $24 canadian. when it should be more like $9 and $16

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

personally I love the "3 blocks away a boy just got kissed by a blonde girl and now he's... Well they didn't tell me about that in biology."

and the marvel version of the JLA is the Avengers.

Edited by Calax

Yes in the way that they are a team of superheroes who individually do stuff too but Supreme Squadron is literally the marvel justice league.

Hyperion= Superman

Nighthawk = Batman

Black guy with afro and goggles who runs real fast = The Flash

Doctor Spectrum = Green Lantern

Naked superstrong hottie = Wonder Woman

female fish thing = Aquaman(girl)

no.. the ass is his girlfriend... and nighthawk.

Hyperion just wants to help but because he's left the government they decided to make him into an enemy. (great sequence btw)

To make the government understand how powerful he is Hyperion created a geologic event on the north pole that measured at 10.5 on the richter scale.

KotOR Comic

Seems oddly interesting...and I like the art style.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

I have to say that my favs have never been Marvel. :wacko: No offence, but I got into comics via 2000AD, which is a lot darker and has all kinds of political stuff tucked inside.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Supreme Power, Marvel version of Justice League, the characters have been around from before but this MAX version is edgy and gritty. I liked the take on Superman or Hyperion's childhood... the puppy incident was funny.

How do I know the new version from the old?

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Supreme Power, Marvel version of Justice League, the characters have been around from before but this MAX version is edgy and gritty. I liked the take on Superman or Hyperion's childhood... the puppy incident was funny.

How do I know the new version from the old?

simple... go to your local book store, find the trade paperbacks of comics and find the supreme power paperbacks... they don't have an "old" version.

Only comic i can really recommend is The Invisibles.

You obviously haven't read Transmetropolitan, Lucifer, or Preacher, otherwise you'd be reccomending them too.

Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

heh... I'm a comic nerd...

I'm gonna post this linky... it's to the supreme power issue one online just to give you a feel for the way it goes and for the puppy incident that Surr talked about

http://www.wizarduniverse.com/magazines/wi...030815-sp_1.cfm

I was actually cooling my heels in the bookshop today and was perusing the comics: there were a couple I recognised like Tankgirl and Ultimate Xmen, as well as some I thought looked interesting, like Preacher, X-men (e Generation, or something) and something like a cross between Ghostbusters, Men In Black and the X-files, but called Dirt Crap, or something (can't recall).

What are some good artists / writers to look out for, in case I feel the need to spend

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Some writers:

J. Michael Straczynski - does(did?) Spider-man and supreme power (probably well known in the industry for other stuff but havent read comics in a while) Probably best known for Babylon 5 and is currently writing or has written an upcoming episode of Lost.

Alan Moore - Considered to be graphic novel legend, wrote League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (crap film but source material is good supposedly) V for Vendetta (soon to be released as a film).

Frank Miller - Sin City, Batman Year One (IMO inspired Batman Begins)

I can't remember the names of many artists but Alex Ross is noteworthy, Adi Granov is good too.

What are some good artists / writers to look out for, in case I feel the need to spend

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "