Rumour: Xbox 360 better than PS3

mkreku

BTW, maybe I'm stating the obvious, but I have a feeling Epiphany was a plant from Microsoft.  :lol:"

I wouldn't be surprised. He pumped up the X360 till release and then disappeared. :p

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

I'm sticking with 360 on this.  The 360 is much more developer friendly.

Does this mean you've worked with both Sony's and Microsoft's devkits?

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Nope.

You simply like it because it had more PC-Style RPGs, I think most people would agree that the SNES was the king of the 16bit generation.

Nope.

I simply liked the Genesis better because I thought it had overall better games (Streets of Rage, Golden Axe, Target Earth, Hellfire, Strider,Revenge of Shinobi, Sonic the Hedgehog, Dune, Herzog Zwei, Evander Holyfield Boxing, the better MK ports, the better sports games...etc) ..And out of those better games the fact that the Genny had quality PC-style RPGs was another plus in favor of it.

As for most people agreeing that SNES was the "king" of the 16bit generation, that is actually very debatable:

http://www.gamingw.net/articles/91

One thing is for sure, SEGA knocked off Nintendo from having the majority market share (perhaps forever) and paved the way for Sony's dominance.

Not to mention that Herzog Zwei, was the "forefather" to all those PC RTS games PC gamers take for granted. SEGA effectively launched an entirely new genre all by itself. Its contributions during the 16bit era were enormous.

Edited by Lancer

image002.gifLancer

What quality PC-style RPGs?

SNES had Ultima 7, how can you beat that?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Not to mention that Herzog Zwei, was the "forefather" to all those PC RTS games PC gamers take for granted. SEGA effectively launched an entirely new genre all by itself. Its contributions during the 16bit revolution were enormous.

:p

The first RTS ever was Dune 2 by Westwood...

No. Dune 2 was the first PC RTS game. Herzog Zwei beat it to the punch by a year or two.

Edited by Lancer

image002.gifLancer

Easily, the "real" Ultima 7.

The SNES Ultima 7 port was horrible and only superficially resembled the real thing. Much of the non-linearity and large gameworld that made the PC version famous had been cut out.

Edited by Lancer

image002.gifLancer

Easily, the "real" Ultima 7.

The SNES Ultima 7 port was horrible and only superficially resembled the real thing. All the non-linearity and large gameworld that made the PC version famous had been cut out.

Yes, but I still don't know of a PC style RPG on the Genesis that is better than even the crappy Ultima 7 SNES port.

Heja Sverige!!

Yes, but I still don't know of a PC style RPG on the Genesis that is better than even the crappy Ultima 7 SNES port.

Lots....

Warriors of the Eternal Sun, Shadowrun, Buck Rogers, Pirates!, and even Sword of Vermillion and Super Hydlide are better than the Ultima 7 SNES port.

A very good strategy RPG on the Genesis is Warsong. That is one friggin awesome game.

EDIT: Probably Rings of Power too.. I have heard good stuff about it but never played it.

Edited by Lancer

image002.gifLancer

I'm sticking with 360 on this.  The 360 is much more developer friendly.

I am assuming when we say "better" we mean "the console which has altogether higher valued features". If we just mean a more powerful system, then the PS3 will probably be more powerful, since it is coming out later.

but because we mean overall, the 360 sounds to be better because of what SS said in the quote above. Also, how it integrates well into networks and how it has a dedicated online service for the system.

anyway, i hope it is better since it is the one i am getting :p

Edited by Blank

I'll give you Warriors of the Eternal Sun, but Shadowrun was also on the SNES and I wouldn't call Pirates! an RPG.

I haven't played the other games you mentioned, so I can't comment on those.

Heja Sverige!!

I'll give you Warriors of the Eternal Sun, but Shadowrun was also on the SNES and I wouldn't call Pirates! an RPG.

I haven't played the other games you mentioned, so I can't comment on those.

Shadowrun was also on the SNES but in "name" only. The two versions were COMPLETEY different like night and day. The SNES version felt like a JRPG.

The Genesis version was better BTW and truer to PnP.

Pirates! is an RPG and it was marketed as such. It can also be considered a SIM. However, since you take on the role of a pirate, and it has quite a few RPG elements the designation can get a bit blurry.

EDIT: It is a shame that console gamers that played JRPGS totally missed out on the PC-style gems on the Genesis. People have always said that SNES RPGS were better than those on the SEGA, but those people were only talking strictly about JRPGs. They didn't factor PC-style RPGs into the equation.

The Genesis *owned* the SNES when it came to PC-style RPGS.

Anyhow, back on topic....

Edited by Lancer

image002.gifLancer

but because we mean overall, the 360 sounds to be better because of what SS said in the quote above. Also, how it integrates well into networks and how it has a dedicated online service for the system.

Oh yeah, speaking of that:

"Apparently the new online service, titled PlayStation Network, won't just offer matchmaking and ranking lists. You can expect an iTunes-type store that lets you download films and music, and you'll be able to use the console as a Location Free Player. Which means you'll be able to upload stuff from your PS3 onto your PSP, and watch Blu-Ray and DVD movies on your handheld."

Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=62751

Apparently, Sony might still have a few online surprises up their sleeve.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

"Apparently the new online service, titled PlayStation Network, won't just offer matchmaking and ranking lists. You can expect an iTunes-type store that lets you download films and music, and you'll be able to use the console as a Location Free Player. Which means you'll be able to upload stuff from your PS3 onto your PSP, and watch Blu-Ray and DVD movies on your handheld."

Apparently, Sony might still have a few online surprises up their sleeve.

ah, interesting. yeah, if they didn't do that, then they would be really stupid. but xbox live does have more experience... i am just noting... that doesn't mean the playstation network won't be just as good or better, but it does mean something.

Lots....

Warriors of the Eternal Sun, Shadowrun, Buck Rogers, Pirates!, and even Sword of Vermillion and Super Hydlide are better than the Ultima 7 SNES port.

A very good strategy RPG on the Genesis is Warsong. That is one friggin awesome game.

EDIT: Probably Rings of Power too.. I have heard good stuff about it but never played it.

Calling Pirates! an RPG now? I suppose. I wouldn't really be able to pigeon hole the game into any genre really....except maybe sandbox.

Then it was the first sim on a console.

Just because a genre isn't predominant on a particular platform, doesn't mean it's suddenly in a different genre.

How could you "technically" have sims or whatever anyways? IMO a genre defies the platform.

Since we've opened up the semantics can of worms, what are the heavy RPG elements?

Not saying they're not there, but the term "RPG elements" does get tossed around quite a bit.

Edited by alanschu