Rumour: Xbox 360 better than PS3

mkreku

"Our game just keeps getting moved back... And back... And back. Again, where is the box? Where is the final system? When is it coming out? No one knows and in the mean time people in the industry are starting to get just a little salty."

But the comments most likely to have riled Sony executives were to do with the PS3's technical capabilities versus those of the Xbox 360: "I

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

All I care about are the games. Which ever system has more of the better ones will get my $$$.

The 360 had recalls after 2 weeks of its release. And it's basically a graphics enhancer for 500$. And Xbox Live isn't free for that price? No thank you. For now.

Edited by astr0creep

All I care about are the games. Which ever system has more of the better ones will get my $$$.

Right on.

The SNES was a technically superior system than the Genesis (graphically, although the Genny had the much faster processor) yet the Genesis had arguably the better games and many more quality PC-style RPGs

Sega Saturn was technically superior to PS1, but PS1 kicked its butt.

What *I* care about is which of these two systems will have a good collection of PC-style RPGs?

Edited by Lancer

image002.gifLancer

The 360 had recalls after 2 weeks of its release. And it's basically a graphics enhancer for 500$. And Xbox Live isn't free for that price? No thank you. For now.

Going to be the same for PS3. For just twice (or less) the cash you have a PC (with better specs), where you can also do "other" things on...

Going to be the same for PS3. For just twice (or less) the cash you have a PC (with better specs), where you can also do "other" things on...

Meh.

I don't care about power. They could release another Atari 2600 for all I care. if the system has more better games, it will get my $$$.

Oh and the PC can be upgraded, not a console. So comparing a console to a PC is a waste of postings.

The console market FOLLOWS the PC's current standard specs. If your standard PC bundle at, say, Best Buy, is a P4 3ghz 1Gb RAM machine, that's what a new generation console will have(more or less) under the hood... for the next 5 years during which the PC will substantially evolve into something 20 times more powerful.

I have no doubt there will recalls for the PS3, thats why the wise ones should wait about a year before buying it, just like a new car model. Give them time to work out the glitches.

I don't care. I'll buy the console with the best library of games.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

If Sony wants to project an image of being more developer-friendly, it might help to actually support 1st party developers.

IIRC, they have become more developer-friendly with incorporating OpenGL ES to their devkits.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

If Sony wants to project an image of being more developer-friendly, it might help to actually support 1st party developers.

IIRC, they have become more developer-friendly with incorporating OpenGL ES to their devkits.

I thought they became dev-friendlier because the use of the easy to use U3-Engine editor (both MS and Sony have made a deal to have alot of their consoles' games running on it). But so does the X-Box 360, so it makes no difference...

The SNES was a technically superior system than the Genesis (graphically, although the Genny had the much faster processor) yet the Genesis had arguably the better games and many more quality PC-style RPGs

Nope.

You simply like it because it had more PC-Style RPGs, I think most people would agree that the SNES was the king of the 16bit generation.

I agree with your point though.

I'm with you on this.

I know this might sound like a fanboy statement. But PS3 has already got my money. I'm looking at the Xbox 360 line-up and all I see are a few titles that just might be interesting, however, all those titles are going to be on PC as well and since I already have the superior machine...

Nope.

You simply like it because it had more PC-Style RPGs, I think most people would agree that the SNES was the king of the 16bit generation.

I agree with your point though.

I'm with you on this.

I know this might sound like a fanboy statement. But PS3 has already got my money. I'm looking at the Xbox 360 line-up and all I see are a few titles that just might be interesting, however, all those titles are going to be on PC as well and since I already have the superior machine...

That is single most important reason why I never baught the Xbox. Its games eventually come to PC. All the better ones anyway.

The XBox 360 got RAVE review in the UK Christmas issue of PC Format (yes, a console got rave reviews in a PC magazine) because of M$ now-revealed big-hands-on-little-maps strategy.

Their view is, basically, screw the XBox 360 versus PS3 debate: the XBox 360 is a perfect PVR platform to link into the wired home of the future. It runs Windows Media Centre Edition and plugs seamlessly into a Windows network to manage all audio- and video-on-demand functions for the third millennium house.

That's the big picture.

The PS3 is trying to leapfrog the M$ strategy like they did with the original PS when they instigated the compact disc revolution.

We live in interesting times.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

"'Robinson said he received four or five job offers immediately after leaving Sony, and even got a book deal as a result of the article.'

I feel so bad for him"

Haha. :D

I'm with everyone. I'm into wahtever has the best games.

PS2 had games I wanted like FF.

X-BOX 360 is the console I'm most likely to buy now as it'll have both BIO, and Obsidian RPG (action or otherwise) on it which gives it a leg up on the PS3.

Nintendo has basically been dead to me since the Super Nintendo days when I grew out of Mario.

:huh::(o:)

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I skimmed through the Edge (not sure about their biases) article "PS3 versus the world" and the off-the-record industry source pointed out a pretty obvious conclusion that the game developers would develop games for the next generation in the same ratio as they are currently (50% PS2, 30% Xbox & 20% Ninty). I'm not vouchsafing their editorial independence, but the point made seems pretty commonsensical.

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Well, from a business point of view, the market forecasts are generated from pst performance. Therefore it makes perfect sense that the first releases for each platform would be in keeping with the current market segmentation (for each company itmight differ slightly, and I have no idea what the overall percentages are).

This doesn't figure any large incentives made by either camp in the initial marketing putsch of a new hardware generation, though. I wonder how much Sony and M$ are prepared to pork-barrel ...

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

"putsch" is German. :p

Meanwhile, the 360 is hurting now, not from poor sales but from the supply not meeting the demand. A new factory is supposed to open, but not until later this year.

BTW, maybe I'm stating the obvious, but I have a feeling Epiphany was a plant from Microsoft. :lol:"

Edited by Mothman