New Oblivion Interview

Llyranor

Also an opposing opinion isn't stupid, but how it is presented can be.

:unsure:"

To nitpick a "Fixed" quote is just being bitter. And reflective of not having anything else to really say.

I dunno, Hades tends to get "Fixed" more than most people, so I can understand why he might be getting tired of it.

I think his attitude stems from him being "fixed" :wacko:

No, I'm trying to see what you'd do "if" they did make a worthy fallout game.

Come on gabby, it's just a hypothetical question.. it won't kill you to answer it :unsure:

I hope. :ph34r:

Edited by Darque

I do not condemn Fallout 3 just because Bethesda is making it.  I condemn it based on the interviews which have been conducted.  I also have particular views on how it is made and if Bethesda makes the game close to these views then I would have no problem with the game.  You, on the other hand, have condemned Fallout 3 by the principle that no oneon the roiginal staff of Falout 1 and Fallout 2 is part of the development team.

The difference is in the details.

I wonder when they are going to reopen the Fallout forums.  When they do I will be there to discuss my views on Fallout 3.

You were saying?

The thingis I trust Obsidian to make a good game. I don't trust Bethesda. I have only played one game of their in house and one outside development game. Morowind was alrgiht. Pirates of the Caribbean stunk to high heaven. I also have heard horror stories about how buggy their previous games were.

It comes down to a matter of trust. I don't trust Bethesda to make a proper Fallout game and I don't particularly like their style of CRPG in a Fallout game. Is bethesda capable of making a good CRPG? Yes. Are they capable of making a good Fallout game? All indications point to no.

Edited by Gabrielle

I wonder when they are going to reopen the Fallout forums.  When they do I will be there to discuss my views on Fallout 3.

I just want to be there the day the FO forums open. Is it even possible to ban 5,000 posters in a single day, do you think? lol.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I'm quite confident FO3 isn't going to suck. In fact, it's probably going to get great reviews and sell 1,000,000+ copies. Bethesda has enough clout and talent to make that happen. Whether it's a 'true successor' or not remains to be seen.

Either way, I'm not really bothered. I don't care enough about the Fallout franchise to be worked up about Bethesda possibly ruining the beloved series. Bethesda makes good games - just not games I like or buy. Fable and Dungeon Siege were good games with good reviews, but that doesn't make them relevant. Just because a game is a RPG doesn't mean it's my type of RPG.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

I still have this idea of one NPC shoving another, it develops into a brawl, the guards get involved, pretty much the whole town joins in, they all kill each other, and the PC walks into town for the first time to find the bodies lying around and no explanation of what happened. :(

AI can get so funky sometimes. It is like that one time in Deus Ex suddenly a bunch of cops started shooting me and everybody in the Lucky Money. That was quite weird...

Or how these same cops would turn hostile if I shot a MJ-12 commando infront of their eyes :p . And for some reason (yeah! our bad pathfinding again) one always managed to get stuck infront of them without them shooting or taking notice... but ofcourse take notice when I kill and shoot

My guess is that the QA people are finding the free will of the NPCs is throwing up odd situations, not as severe as above, but game-threatening or bug-like, and that as they continue making modifications to the AI the number of these oddities is not decreasing.  I wouldn't be surprised to find the finished product with much less NPC freedom than was initially suggested.

WARNING: Critical Error detected

No NPC_dog_flameable found for NPC_Generic_City1_3

PROGRAM WILL ABORT

Or

"The prophecy is broken"

Tester: WTF?

AI-developer; A yes, well see there, this innocent woman killed a main quest related npc for killing that Demon in her Line of Sight... you are screwed man...

Edited by Battlecookiee

The last time you went there and tried to 'discuss' your views on Fallout 3 all you did was repeat the same "must have X features list or all else it's not Fallout" in nearly every thread.

Also, mkreku, are you sure that that isn't just bad pathfinding? (MW enemies do it too, and they are not so clever)

Well, I've seen Gothic's enemies try to hunt me, come to a cliff, stop to think for a few seconds and then one of them tries to jump down but dies in the fall. The others tried to go around the obstacle after that..

But yeah, it is mostly just really crappy pathfinding >_<)

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!