Star Wars Cantina

Jorian Drake

Well, the poll is over, and my scientific experiment is done :)

...anyway, as promised, here it is: the general SW thread

feel free to talk about Star Wars games, movies, jokes, pnp,

and anything else what in SW goes on :)

....some extra: We don't give really many suggestions and ideas for KOTOR 3 in its own thread, so we may now write anything not sugg/idea in here. It can be crazy if someone actually tries to read all 17 suggestion threads, and half of it isn't sugg/idea at all :p

...well, enjoy your stay at the Cantina :cool:

IB1OsQq.png

Star Wars Lego is the greatest Star Wars game. The second greatest is Phantom Menace.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

What do you think of SW: Jedi Academy?  :)

What problems did it have?  :*

What was the best in it?  :devil:

What would  you say if a second would be developed?  :ph34r:

1. the sidekick you meet in the beginning was annoying, that is, he needed to die as soon as i could kill him.
  2. the overall graphics needed some major polishing. i would've rather watched my dog taking a dump all day.
  3. cheesy dialogue

1. there were three lightsaber options, and each lightsaber had a lot of combos :devil:
  2. fighting was fun. well, you did it the whole time, so it had better be...
  3. assigning force powers to certain buttons
  4. the assortment of force powers was plentiful and they were fun to use.

1. i would say, "why!?!?"

X-Wing Alliance, Dark Forces (1 and 2), Rogue Squadron and Rogue Leader, and the single player campaign of Force Commander were all superb.

Shadows of the Empire was great at the time of release.

kotoR 1 was ultra cliche, if you've played any of the previous Lucasarts games.

Jedi Academy was wank... the multiplayer maps were outstandingly poor in quality and the singleplayer was just utter tripe.

Jedi Outcast has been the best attempt so far to match Jedi Knights legendary greatness.

Mysteries of the Sith was a fantastic expansion pack.

Star Wars Galaxies was the best MMO around till SOE screwed it up around patch 9.

Thanks for a professional post :lol:

IB1OsQq.png

X-Wing Alliance, Dark Forces (1 and 2), Rogue Squadron and Rogue Leader, and the single player campaign of Force Commander were all superb.

Shadows of the Empire was great at the time of release.

kotoR 1 was ultra cliche, if you've played any of the previous Lucasarts games.

Jedi Academy was wank... the multiplayer maps were outstandingly poor in quality and the singleplayer was just utter tripe.

Jedi Outcast has been the best attempt so far to match Jedi Knights legendary greatness.

Mysteries of the Sith was a fantastic expansion pack.

Star Wars Galaxies was the best MMO around till SOE screwed it up around patch 9.

Basically old school Lucasarts, before they stopped in house development was one of the best companies around, churning out such great titles as Monkey Island and Grim Fandango. Infernal Machine? >>>>> Tomb Raider tbh.

These days Lucasarts are totally different company. I'm glad they changed their logo lately - it makes that clear.

There are none that are right, only strong of opinion. There are none that are wrong, only ignorant of facts

X-Wing and Tie Fighter...the latter being the pinnacle of space combat simulators.

Agreed. I loved TIE Fighter. I found X-Wing much more difficult, but I would have been younger at the time.

I also enjoyed X-Wing: Alliance, the first two (and I suppose the third) Jedi Knight games (never played Dark Forces), and both KOTOR games.

Battlefront was OK too. Though flying sucked ass IMO.

I'm anxious about Empire at War. I like building Death Stars and Star Destroyers and having huge fleet battles....but I didn't care so much for the ground combat.

Force Commander OK?  :lol:

Besides the music nothing is good with FC.

Anyways, miss the good old LA days with their high-quality and funny adventures, the adventure market just isn't what it used to be anymore without them  ;)

The singleplayer campaign was decent size, packed full of suprises and had a great storyline.

I actually briefly enjoyed the mulitplayer, but network issues completely screwed it. The fact is most reviewers bad mouthed Force Commander on the premise the camera was too hard to control... lol. Imagine putting that in a review these days, what a joke.

There are none that are right, only strong of opinion. There are none that are wrong, only ignorant of facts

I haven't played Battlefront II yet but it does look pretty awesome. It has "regular joe" fighting, Jedi fighting, and space combat that is supposed to

be pretty good. I may wait to pick it up since they have already had one premium content upgrade for it (Xbox-only). I may wait for it to become a Platinum Hit (which will happen but could be a while).

Empire At War is going to be awesome. It should satisfy my SW craving for a while.

(It seems most gamers like Jedi Outcast better than Jedi Academy).