My somewhat realistic dream car:

Audi%20Nuvolari%20800.jpg

A car I really like the looks of:

Ford%20GT40%20800.jpg

Proof that american car design is rapidly gaining on european car design:

ecran_cars_ford_m.jpg

My unrealistic dream car:

Audi%20Le_Mans%20800.jpg

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I hate mostly all new cars.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Slightly less spammy than the other one I posted...since I am very short, I probably would like this car. Plus it's orange. Hehe.

mini_cars_01.jpg

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

That's US dollars, and yeah it's a pipe dream alright. I didn't intent for it to mean that I actually had one.

ah, gotcha. wasn't sure about that last bit.

The reason that they're so expensive is because we have to pay +180% in car registration, and then +25% in tax of the total amount.  <_<

so a $50k car, for example, has a $50k registration fee? sheesh... that's a bit steep. and then the registration fee is taxed, too? uh, double taxation? i hope your mass transit system works well... how does anybody own even cheapie cars?

taks

comrade taks... just because.

sammael, i'm a countach fan myself... of course, some of the new ferraris are pretty hard to beat. at $250k average, however, i need to really work on that lottery retirement if i ever want to own one!

taks

so a $50k car, for example, has a $50k registration fee?  sheesh... that's a bit steep.  and then the registration fee is taxed, too?  uh, double taxation?  i hope your mass transit system works well... how does anybody own even cheapie cars?

Eeep. That's one way to get people over their love affairs with cars...I could see 60% as a major deterrant measure but that seems a bit excessive.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Nah taks, it gets better than that. Since the fee is 180% of the amount you bought the car for in the first place, you'd have to pay $90k in registration for your $50k car, and then add the 25% tax of the total $140k, so in the end, you gotta pay $175000k... pretty horrible system, I know. But amazingly still people drive pretty neat cars.

That Infiniti looks awesome, by the way.

Edited by Lucius

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

Nah taks, it gets better than that. Since the fee is 180% of the amount you bought the car for in the first place, you'd have to pay $90k in registration for your $50k car, and then add the 25% tax of the total $140k, so in the end, you gotta pay $175000k... pretty horrible system, I know. But amazingly still people drive pretty neat cars.

yah, i realized you said 180%, not 100% after i posted... ugly indeed.

i'm liking the GT-R, but there's no way i'll ever own one. owning a child precludes any more "non-functional" toys until... hmmmm. 18 years old i suppose. :rolleyes:

oh well, the child is worth it.

tak

vipers are surprisingly affordable, too... well, they end up around $85k after the guzzler tax and markup, but still not bad considering comparable performance from any other company will set you back in the 100s...

taks

I discovered that it is cheaper to use mass transit on regular occasions, and hire taxis the rest of the time, than own a car. Insurance, fuel, AA membership. ...bleeccch.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I discovered that it is cheaper to use mass transit on regular occasions, and hire taxis the rest of the time, than own a car. Insurance, fuel, AA membership. ...bleeccch.

can't do that here. at least, not very well. denver maybe, and they have light rail going in, too, which should increase the options.

i'm going back and forth to school twice a week, too, which makes public transportation all but impossible.

taks

I hear you. Mass transport in the States/Canada is a nightmare.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

unless you live in a big city. also, when i was in vancouver, BC last year it seemed like they had a really good bus system going on. a bit unsightly due to all the cables stretched across the streets, but definitely functional and effective.

taks

unless you live in a big city.  also, when i was in vancouver, BC last year it seemed like they had a really good bus system going on.  a bit unsightly due to all the cables stretched across the streets, but definitely functional and effective.

taks

I've never known an Ottawa bus to be late. :)

1971b.jpg

Thats my car anyway, only it's white with the black top.

Nice Pixie.

Well this model is my car, except it's white.

jaguar-xjs-f3q-st.jpg

Nice (times two).

My father used to be jag-mad (that was after his second childhood when he bought a red firebird in the seventies): their air-conditioning had trouble in the Australian climate, however, so he eventually switched allegiances to Mercedes (he actually had the first new model (series two) 500SL in Australia, way back in the nineties. Gave it back to the dealer after a week, ostensibly because he didn't like all the idiots driving like lunatics to get a look at it: he had some numbat drive alongside in the oncoming traffic to get an eyeful. I still think it was because he didn't want to find me wrapped around a tree in it one day.)

I have to say the SLK in a pretty decent model, too. A bit small, though, perfect for a girl to drive. (Not my car: her indoors, when she's outdoors.)

I have to say Ferrari (Lambourginis are just too OTT) is my ideal car; though Bentleys are nice (if you like driving a sofa wrapped in an aircraft hanger that can do 250 miles/h without spilling the scotch and soda the butler has just poured for you). I have always hankered after gull-wing doors and pop-up lights ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

yah, i realized you said 180%, not 100% after i posted... ugly indeed.

Sounds like the Singaporean system. Certainly is an effective way to keep road congestion under control.

I'm liking the GT-R, but there's no way I'll ever own one.  owning a child precludes any more "non-functional" toys until... hmmmm.  18 years old i suppose. :)

oh well, the child is worth it.

Hah. You're either assuming that parenthood ends when the child's majority is achieved, or that you will sally on regardless at that time. :D

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT