worst game ever played

lordodark2

:blink: .... :huh: ... :o ...... :D

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

You can cross the island in about 3 minutes ^_^

That's no fun. I hear Oblivion has some sort of instant travel system. I hope the game never obliges you to use it: travelling everywhere on foot adds to the suspense, makes the game last longer, and leads to discovering more surprises.

Actually, I'm surprised no-one's nominated Oblivion as the worst game ever. I mean, it hasn't been released yet, but that's no obstacle to true haters. :blink:

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

EDIT: As for other Genesis RPGs-- For JRPGS, Shining Force and Phantasy Star were the main ones (Don't forget Shining in the Darkness!). However, there were quite a few quality PC-style RPGS that were neglected by the JRPG community such as:

Warriors of the Eternal Sun, Shadowrun, Buck Rogers, Sword of Vermillion, and Super Hydlide were among the good PC-style RPGs on the Genesis.

Super Hydlide used to be my all time favourite game! :D

HK47: Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blasters warm, meatbags.

Bastila to Revan: You are easily the vainest, most arrogant man I have ever met!

Canderous to Bastila: Insults? Maybe if your master had trained your lightsaber to be as quick as your tongue you could have escaped those Vulkars, you spoiled little Jedi princess!

Insta-travel is boring.

And you didn't take advantage of it in Baldur's Gate?

You know, that's probably the only instance where plot wise it's actually justifiable.

EDIT: I'm referring to the TOB pocket plane teleporting, just to clarify.

Edited by jaguars4ever
manthing2.jpg

I didn't mind them, but for the most part felt they were tossed in to just artificially inflate the length of the game.

Unfortunately, I felt that the difficulty of the game meant that there were times when you were encouraged to wander around to collect experience.

Though I was still quite new to the game and found the game to be pretty difficult when I got to the Nashkel mines. I was able to play it again later, but by this time I wanted the story and not getting lost in the woods.

Worst game? Too many to tell, really. The worst I finished? Timelines, I think. My wife got it for me for Christmas. She was quite excited about it and so I played it. You know, I hated the game, but my wife was so happy I almost finished it a second time. hahaha Truly horrible, though.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Actually, I'm surprised no-one's nominated Oblivion as the worst game ever.  I mean, it hasn't been released yet, but that's no obstacle to true haters. :wacko:

Equally surprised that no one has nominated Fallout 3, the Morrowind with Guns :p

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

^ Amen, brother.

Can't say I'm gonna like Fallout 3 or Oblivion when they come out, as I haven't played any Bethesda games yet. I'm not gonna make assumptions on future games. I'll keep an open mind and see what's what before I start hating/liking.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

I got quite annoyed by Morrowind having so much pointless walking in it. I seriously think many of the later adventures would have been vastly improved by your patrons having you teleported out to the region, rather than teh exciting travelk agent seuqences where you bus about. I also objected to being sent on amazing shopping trips for exquisite shoes.

ALWAYS CARRY EXQUISITE SHOES.

Having said that, I'm playing MW for the second time, and with my improved understanding of the geography, and knowing how to use the stilt-striders and teleporting, it moves a lot faster.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Worst game?  Too many to tell, really.  The worst I finished?  Timelines, I think.  My wife got it for me for Christmas.  She was quite excited about it and so I played it.  You know, I hated the game, but my wife was so happy I almost finished it a second time.  hahaha  Truly horrible, though.

The perfect husband. :thumbsup:

The random areas were the best part :thumbsup:

BG2 was seriously gimped by their removal.

BG2 was gimped by having less areas as well. Less places to travel to, especially other towns and forests compared to BG1.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Actually, I'm surprised no-one's nominated Oblivion as the worst game ever.  I mean, it hasn't been released yet, but that's no obstacle to true haters. :thumbsup:

Equally surprised that no one has nominated Fallout 3, the Morrowind with Guns :x

Fallout 3 we'll see.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

At the risk of being flamed to death ;

Grand Theft Auto 3 & Vice City: Same game, overhyped, overrated, ugly, shaky controls, bad camera. Violence is not enough to make a great game. but I did like the muci options... on PC!

Prince of Persia The Sands of Time : Repetitive and frustrating gameplay.

At the risk of being flamed to death ;

Grand Theft Auto 3 & Vice City: Same game, overhyped, overrated, ugly, shaky controls, bad camera. Violence is not enough to make a great game. but I did like the muci options... on PC!

Prince of Persia The Sands of Time : Repetitive and frustrating gameplay.

Or an Islamic one? >_<

(LOL islamic gnome womans... :p )

Sorry but I don't understand the relevancy of your reply. Are you saying the Prince is not/does not look Islamic?

Oh No! Jack Thompson has invaded the Thread!

Anyways... on the comments;

Same game; ? :p Same game as what other? GTA3 was a major step forward in the gaming world

Overhyped; Not as much as SA, and far better (don't get me wrong, SA was amazing, but it was getting a bit stale after 3 & VC

Overrated; Nope

Ugly; GTA III, yeah, but what do you think if you have to animate a fully living world, for about the first time in gaming history. And it was back in 2002 too, so no Doom3, UE3, F.E.A.R engines

Shaky controls; Played both on PC and the default sucks alot, but if you change all of them to your desire the control is da best...

Camera; Never noticed a lot of camera trouble. Just keep the camera behind you and you are fixed for everything. SA's camera is alot more annoying with it's turn around features and such

omg lez agrue oppnons!!!!111

Wow. The one and only unintelligable language. Translation plz?

Edited by Battlewookiee