ABC Miniseries: The Lost

Fionavar

Wasn't Jacob what Benry called Ethan?

Oh, and I missed a few minutes after they caught Alex. Did she have get to have her meeting with Benry?

edit: This proved me wrong about the identity of Jacob.

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Anyway so far this season sucks palm trees.

Why do you say that?

Nothing's happening!

Not a single scene involving many events from the end of last season was even hinted at to wet our appetites. It was all Jack, Kate and Sawyer with one episode in which one great character that we barely knew bites the dust.

Where's Rousseau? How did Alex get to the second island? Where's Desmond's boat? What's with the four toes? How did Locke lose his legs in the first place? What about Hurley's numbers? Why didn't they explore more of Desmond's premonitions?

I know this show thrives on the questions it raises about its characters but they need to give us some little hints at what could happen with everyone otherwise it all falls apart. 5-6 episodes involving 3-4 characters when the cast contains what... dozens?

It feels like the writers don't know how to proceed with their story.

I'm not saying I hate Lost, I still watch it religiously. But I also watch Smallville religiously...

<_<

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just started watching Lost and I absolutely loved the first season. Took me 3 days to watch all 6 cds. And im on the last cd of the second season right now. I understand what you mean how its going to die i think. It's a really good show in my opinion with good ideas but it just seems a little crazy now and the second season isn't as good as the first. And iv heard the third season isn't all that great so far not to mention they took a break. I can't really see the show ending in an awesome way. I mean to me the first season was awesome and once the hatch was really utilized it really trailed off.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I just started watching Lost and I absolutely loved the first season.  Took me 3 days to watch all 6 cds.  And im on the last cd of the second season right now.  I understand what you mean how its going to die i think.  It's a really good show in my opinion with good ideas but it just seems a little crazy now and the second season isn't as good as the first.  And iv heard the third season isn't all that great so far not to mention they took a break.  I can't really see the show ending in an awesome way.  I mean to me the first season was awesome and once the hatch was really utilized it really trailed off.

I personally preferred season 2 over the first one, although admittedly there were some episodes about halfway that served little to no purpose (the Charlie episode anyone?). But the whole Dharma thing was bloody intriguing. And it introduced 3 of the coolest characters on the show: Desmond, Eko and Henry.

The build-up to the end, including the finale, was also much better executed than season one's imo. The blasting of the hatch just didn't cut it for me.

Season 3 has't really wowed me as of yet, although I did really like the Eko episode. I think I expected more answers from the Others, but they seem to be just as clueless about the island as the Losties. At least for now. Time will tell. I know I'm dying to find out who mr eyepatch is, for one thing, and what the hell is going on with Desmond.

• 2 weeks later...

Anna Lucia was very irritating, and Libby was a pointless addition to the team. I didnt mind that they died. However I didnt like that Libbys storyline was never completed and that they never explained what she was doing in the mental hospital.

Eko seems to have been completely wasted. It just feels like he never really did anything in the show.

Anna Lucia was very irritating, and Libby was a pointless addition to the team. I didnt mind that they died. However I didnt like that Libbys storyline was never completed and that they never explained what she was doing in the mental hospital.

Eko seems to have been completely wasted. It just feels like he never really did anything in the show.

I completely agree. They deffinetly should of shown bewbies because i mean shes hot but a total annoying character without any real depth though i liked the part where shes like "Im preggo scumbag lolz" And I liked Eko a lot and stuff but i mean he isn't my favorite character, a matter of fact I think adding the characters from the other side kind of ruined for me.

all the freakin charaacters died once they came into the main picture so it was like wtf, not to mention they just wasted the back stories on them for no reason. I would of rather had eko like get murdered in a shootout and he club someone in the head to death not some black smoke crap. I don't like how they utilize the black smoke too. I'd rather it just be the crazy people knew in life before they came to the island, or walt and then they mysteriously get murdered, not slammed into a tree 50 times

But anyways I digress, im intrested to see what will happen this coming up special and hopefully everything turns out alright.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.