Speaking of romances, my favorite in Baldur's Gate 2 is Aerie. :thumbsup:

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I heard about winged drow on one of my excursions to the WotC boards. Elythirrii, I think they were called.

Could someone of you D&D-geeks enlighten me on them?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Something about avariel/drow-crossbreed.

Eh, maybe this is the wrong topic.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

NO. :D

kirottu said:

Sod off, Visc. :D

kirottu said:

The funny thing is, I have a drow who gone to the Faith of CL (elven god), has become Elistriee-s(if i write the name correctly) chosen (yup, another chosen one :D )

And now he is a half-celestial drow, Champion of Corellon, chosen of Elistriee, and builder of Heavendoor, LG alignment

Veldrin Jae'llat (or if I'm lucky than later Veladrine, God of Unity)

(a good aligned city between Amn and Baldur's Gate, right in the mountain pass ,near the main not-sea merchants route, now its big like the other 2, and enemy of the Zenths)

He is my main, and first character, so I have him since 10 years. I like to swim against the water, so he was ever good alignment (and NOT becouse of Drizzt)

It was really hard to get there with him where i am now, and i had to fight a lot of times just becouse hes an elf/drow/male/good/paladinofCL/chosenofE/etc... so I think its more than enough to say: He's unique, and fully deserving his archievements .

IB1OsQq.png

Like I said...I think that that standard had faded by the time BG came out.  It's like all the high society stuff that the Greeks and Romans had, before the Dark Ages when everything was pretty much worse.

Sorry.. But I just don't buy that. How can you forget the impact that a game of the likes of Ultima VII in just 5 years? You don't think the development team of BG1 ever played the game? Ultima VII wasn't just some average RPG that nobody knew about. Like BG itself, it is considered one of the biggest classics ever and was extremely revolutionary in its own right. I would know because I finally played the game a couple of years ago after wanting to play this game so freakin' bad for nearly half my life.

And the Dark Ages analogy is not apt because that is on the order of a few hundred years and we are just talking about 4-5 years tops here.. I don't think the industry "forgot" about Ultima VII in 4-5 years . I'd be willing to gander that it had more to do with trying to find a way to satisfy the most consumers... And maybe a little laziness had to do with it too.

What happened to Ultima VII is not unlike what happened with Torment. How many games like Torment were made after it came out?

It wasn't that game-makers forgot about the game and we entered some dark ages-- but rather Torment just didn't make enough profit to justify making future games like it. Although both games have enormous cult followings...

MAXIMUM PROFITS always seem to be the key driver.

Edited by Lancer

image002.gifLancer