Best of infinitity.

Gorgon

PST had horrible combat, and the inability to cistimise your dudes to any significant level (only, one character with ranged weapons and nothing else lolol) was pretty annoying.

All the NPCs had their own individual strengths, weaknesses, and personalities. I had no problem with that. They weren't my character.

EDIT: And my character doesn't have a right (EVEN in a PnP game) to tell the NPCs what they should or shouldn't use in battle...etc

Edited by Lancer

image002.gifLancer

Personalities was all that mattered.

The only thing that truly should in regards to NPCs in a good RPG

In IWD, OTOH they are nothing but pack mules and cannon fodder even though you can customize them all you want.

I find the latter worse.

Edited by Lancer

image002.gifLancer

Hence why i'm looking forward to NWN2s OC.

Go go MCA!

Eh, i can't recall MCA being involved with the story in NWN2?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Hence why i'm looking forward to NWN2s OC.

Go go MCA!

Eh, i can't recall MCA being involved with the story in NWN2?

Luckily, he is. :wub:

Are you sure? IIRC some other guy is doing the story, according to recent interviews.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I am mildly intersted in NWN2 because it will FINALLY allow you to have a party of 4 unlike the first one..

But it still uses 3.5 rules...

Are there any games today that use 2nd ed rules anyway?

No :wub:

The closest I guess was FRUA (Forgotten Realms Unlimited Adventures) but I had trouble getting it to work on a modern computer. FRUA is just too old and crude by today's standards.

But I don't mind using other rulesets (such as a variant of SPECIAL.. Blades of Avernum is my light!).. just not 3.x :-

Edited by Lancer

image002.gifLancer

But it is not about the quantity but the QUALITY that counts.. Hades, you should know that of course. :wub:

EDIT: I have a ridiculous number of Dungeons and Dragons stuff too.. The entire AD&D Mystara, AD&D Planescape, and OD&D Mystara lines with a good chunk of Ravenloft, Greyhawk, Dragonlance and a smidgen of Forgotten Realms mixed in with at least 250 issues of Dragon Magazine, All the Complete Handbooks, Player's Option, DM's Option. and many other 2ndEd sourcebooks I can't remember right now..etc.. Many PDF modules for both OD&D and 2ndEd...etc. And all the core 3e handbooks but I stopped buying those once I decided that 3e sucks.

Edited by Lancer

image002.gifLancer

You are a big fan of Monte Cook, I see. He wrote a lot of stuff for the AD&D Planescape setting which is as you know one of my favorite settings ever. So I definitely don't dislike the guy. :wub:

Edited by Lancer

image002.gifLancer

You guys are insane. I didn't even know you could buy books about D&D :wub:

And that was just Dungeons and Dragons and doesn't include all the other PnP systems I own. :-

It's called tabletop gaming or PnP.. Most fun experience ever. It is the purest form of roleplaying and the "forefather" of console and computer RPGs. You should try it sometime.

Edited by Lancer

image002.gifLancer

In my collection, though dominated by Dungeons and Dragons, I have Fuzion, GURPS, Shadowrun, Cyberpunk 2020, Warhammer Fantasy Battle, and a few misc.  books here and there.

I own *at least* 15 other rulesets aside from AD&D , OD&D, and 3e :wub:

Edited by Lancer

image002.gifLancer

Whatever happened to the game that never was, "Infinity Wars" ? >_

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein