Scientists discover "The Force"

Meshugger

:much hacking and coughing:

Ahem...

Jesus is a sith.

for those who don't believe, Luke 11:23 "whoever is not with me is against me"

So now hades has a reason to take up the robes :D

I'm gonna get flamed now...

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Jesus was a man who was able to inspire many people. nothing more nothing less.

And its kinda entertaining to think that this could possibly be true(the force thing that is)

Think about Jesus having a brown cloak and a lightsaber. :D

Hmm...what class could he have? :wub:

Jedi Consulant? :D

IB1OsQq.png

Llyranor is incorrect. The Force isn't about stupid midichlorians. Its an energy field that surrounds us and binds us.

Damn straight. I never bought that fascist genetics explanation in I, II, and III. I believe Alec Guinness.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I have seen Jesus as a dark sider.  Come on now, if you don't worship him you spend an eternity being tortured.  Definitely dark side there.

I think it has more to do with faith than worship. :ermm:

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Faith.

Worship.

Same bloody thing to me.

I disagree with this, but I don't want to get into an argument with the token "omgs chirtsinx are eveil !!!111"-guy.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

• 2 weeks later...
subatomic particles that create a constant energy field in everything in the universe...what is an electron?

so much interest in religion on these forums :huh:

Hokie articles about religion aside (see what I did there?), a recent New Scientist has an article about quantum criticality to assist in the explaination of super-conductivity.

(Basically the traditional quasi-object model (where an object is a bunch of electrons) used to describe the electric charge or absence of same in conductors and insulators breaks down when describing substances as they approach absolute zero; there is therefore a postulation that a mechanism analogous to critical temperatures that invoke phase changes in macro-universe-scaled objects (e.g. steam/ water / ice) called "quantum criticality" based on frequencies (iirc).)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Hokie articles about religion aside (see what I did there?), a recent New Scientist has an article about quantum criticality to assist in the explaination of super-conductivity.

(Basically the traditional quasi-object model (where an object is a bunch of electrons) used to describe the electric charge or absence of same in conductors and insulators breaks down when describing substances as they approach absolute zero; there is therefore a postulation that a mechanism analogous to critical temperatures that invoke phase changes in macro-universe-scaled objects (e.g. steam/ water / ice) called "quantum criticality" based on frequencies (iirc).)

Sounds like fine-tuning... :huh:"

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

My brain is approaching one of its own critical points, so I am unable to recall, and unable to retrieve, the article in question. Suffice to say it was v. interesting and more about how superconductivity doesn't make sense with the traditional scientific model, since absolute zero is meant to be when atomic particles stop moving, so they shouldn't be zipping around giving electric current to any strange cathode that happens by ...

I'll dig it up after I have some Zzzzs and post a summary here. :huh:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Suffice to say it was v. interesting and more about how superconductivity doesn't make sense with the traditional scientific model, since absolute zero is meant to be when atomic particles stop moving, so they shouldn't be zipping around giving electric current to any strange cathode that happens by ...

Yeah, OK. It's just that whenever I hear something about a scientific theory that "postulates" things, I am reminded of Bohr's atomic model, which was, in a great measure, fine-tuning of other people's work, albeit very cleverly done.

I'll dig it up after I have some Zzzzs and post a summary here. :huh:

I'm not sure I'd like that. I'd be forced to comment on it, you see. I don't want my cover blown and everyone to find out I'm actually a science nerd. :ph34r:

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.