Canadian Election

Oerwinde

Would cananadians even notic nuclear winter?

Last winter it was 16 degrees here in Vancouver. Thats 62 for you americans. I doubt they would in Winnipeg though.

It's 10 degrees here in southern Ontario. It's been like this most of the winter. Everynow and then it'll drop down to -20 for a day or two, but then it shoots back up above 0. Damn you Americans and your balmy weather! I want snow! :'(

It's 10 degrees here in southern Ontario. It's been like this most of the winter. Everynow and then it'll drop down to -20 for a day or two, but then it shoots back up above 0. Damn you Americans and your balmy weather! I want snow! :'(

This winter has been a little more wintery. Averaging more around 5-8 degrees, with a couple weeks being around freezing. Snowed for like 2 days. Then turned to rain and was gone within a day.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

So, first thing the Conservatives did when they got into power was tell the US to **** off. 2nd thing they did was tell Alberta to **** off(well, Klein anyway, and to a smaller degree). These guys sure are surprising.

Wow! It turns out they aren't the anti-christ! Shocker...

The thing I always hated was when people would judge the conservatives based on what they might do (which was brought to our attention during the various smear-campaigns that the other parties like to run). I'd much rather take my chances with a new government maybe doing bad stuff, rather than keep the current government that is doing bad stuff.

As for Winter....we've had a sweet winter temperature wise here in Edmonton. I haven't had to walk to school in any -35 days. The last two years there was a week where we had that. It's frequently been above zero actually.

Edited by alanschu

I think it's 'funny' you approve telling my country to asterix off, you

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Indeed brother, and the good citizens of Hans Island have felt this most gruesome imperialism, it is our most Holy duty to liberate these poor individuals before it is too late... and perhaps borrow a small amount of the natural resources... for the Greater Good of the Kingdom of course! :ph34r:

Edited by Lucius

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

I think it's 'funny' you approve telling my country to asterix off, you

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I dunno, I live in Southern Ontario and I personally enjoy the lack of snow. But that's me. If you want more snow, might I suggest moving to Barrie? It's in the Snow Belt. They always have snow all winter long. :shifty:

Please review my fanfic!

Atton's Redemption

Atton's Motivation July 30: CHAPTER 26 is up!

--------------

DISCLAIMER: These posts may contain humour. No warranties as to the gelogenic qualities, either expressed or implied, are undertaken by the undersigned. All rights reserved. This does not affect your IQ. Any issues, see your psychologist or increase your dosage. --Metadigital

I dunno, I live in Southern Ontario and I personally enjoy the lack of snow. But that's me. If you want more snow, might I suggest moving to Barrie? It's in the Snow Belt. They always have snow all winter long. :)

I get paid to remove snow and my favourite winter activity is skiing. No snow sucks for both of those activities. <_< Moving isn't really an option at the moment. Still have school to finish. :shifty:

So after running a campaign based around the Liberals being horribly corrupt and rewarding their friends and how the conservatives are nothing like that, they give a Liberal floor crosser a cabinet position, and appointed a non-elected friend to the position of minister of public works. Yay for non-partisan corruption!

http://www.ottawabusinessjournal.com/361101512828089.php

Devastatorsig.jpg

Did you actually read the link you provided?

Yeah. Normally I wouldn't have any problem with it, except that Harper ran his entire campaign based on not doing things like that. Doesn't matter what the reasons are. Though the Liberal Floor-crosser really irks me more than the appointing of friends to important positions. The Cons lost big time in that riding, 8k votes compared to 15k for the NDP and 15k for the Libs, so having him cross over to me seems like a pretty big betrayal of his constituents. 82% of that riding voted against the conservatives, yet now they have a conservative representing their views? Thats just not cool. I'd be pissed.

Devastatorsig.jpg

At the same time, couldn't it actually be just at face value, with respect to diversifying the cabinet geographically?

I mean, he did say "he still intends to proceed with naming elected senators, but defended the appointment as a way to provide the city of Montreal a voice in cabinet."

I think it's a bit early to start overanalyzing the government's moves. After all, the Liberals ran a campaign that Canada would implode if the Conservatives have gotten into power. Interesting that you hold Harper and the Conservatives to a higher standard than the Liberals, and chastize them for (in your own words) doing the same things the Liberals do, simply because it was part of his campaign. You make it sound like the rest of the parties stick to their guns and fulfill their campaign promises 100% of the time.

At the same time, couldn't it actually be just at face value, with respect to diversifying the cabinet geographically?

I mean, he did say "he still intends to proceed with naming elected senators, but defended the appointment as a way to provide the city of Montreal a voice in cabinet."

I think it's a bit early to start overanalyzing the government's moves.  After all, the Liberals ran a campaign that Canada would implode if the Conservatives have gotten into power.  Interesting that you hold Harper and the Conservatives to a higher standard than the Liberals, and chastize them for (in your own words) doing the same things the Liberals do, simply because it was part of his campaign.  You make it sound like the rest of the parties stick to their guns and fulfill their campaign promises 100% of the time.

Now THAT would be a change.