Canadian Election

Oerwinde

I think negative ad campaigns are annoying.  I'm much more interested in hearing what a party's plans are in the upcoming term.

Amen to that. Negative ad campaigns are just name calling between grown men.

"You're corrupt!"

"No, you are!"

Politicians are children in suits.

1169782506.gif

Seriously, only like, three people can touch my body

I find negatvie ad campaigns silly. Nothing to worry over there.

As for Kanada-US relations, I think many Kanadians including politicians should group up and stop being so childiish or arrogant. Contary to what Kanandians think, we're not 'better' than our Southern neighbours.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I find negatvie ad campaigns silly. Nothing to worry over there.

As for Kanada-US relations, I think many Kanadians including politicians should group up and stop being so childiish or arrogant. Contary to what Kanandians think, we're not 'better' than our Southern neighbours.

Yeah negative campaigns are annoying but apparently they are affective or they wouldn't have them ;)

Well I am tired of the corruption and scandals as well and any party who is 12 years in power is too long - I will vote conservative I do agree with more of there platform than disagree .. although I wouldn't mind a minority government so long there isn't another election before the 4 years

Although living in the conservative capital of the country it wouldn't matter if I voted any other way cause the majority always vote conservative

Edited by Delta Truth

I just see making an enemy of us as a bigger issue than anything else going on up there (that I'm aware of mind you) that'll just get worse if it isn't openly addressed.

And I happen to think it can only get better if it gets worse, that is bad enough for people down here other than me to notice, before it'll get resolved one way or the other.

Yaw devs, Yaw!!! (

I just hope we have another minority. And if so, maybe the NDP can try to push their Proportional Representation stance. The multi-party first past the post system pretty much invalidates a large portion of votes. For example the progressive vote is generally split amongst the Liberals, NDP, Greens, and Bloc Quebecois which combined with current polls would be around 64% of the vote or so, while the conservatives have 36%. This could potentially lead to a government that only represents the values of a third of the country.

As to the making enemies of the US point, we wouldn't be angry with the US if they would just honor the agreements they make. If they don't want to be limited by the treaties they sign, they shouldn't sign the treaties to begin with.

Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I just see making an enemy of us as a bigger issue than anything else going on up there (that I'm aware of mind you) that'll just get worse if it isn't openly addressed.

It's just rhetoric during election campaigns.

The current Liberal Government has lots of dealings with the United States. It's just stupid fear-mongering. It's a stupid thing to do because it's not like the US president isn't going to hear about it.

I just hope we have another minority. And if so, maybe the NDP can try to push their Proportional Representation stance. The multi-party first past the post system pretty much invalidates a large portion of votes. For example the progressive vote is generally split amongst the Liberals, NDP, Greens, and Bloc Quebecois which combined with current polls would be around 64% of the vote or so, while the conservatives have 36%. This could potentially lead to a government that only represents the values of a third of the country.

As to the making enemies of the US point, we wouldn't be angry with the US if they would just honor the agreements they make. If they don't want to be limited by the treaties they sign, they shouldn't sign the treaties to begin with.

I agree with having aleast some proportional representation so votes will count in areas of the country that tend to vote the same - True True more people would vote perhaps if they felt there vote counted more

Agreed Canada is not breaking any rules of Nafta .. Just because the U.S feels there industries cannot be competitive , that doesn't give them the right to break the rules.. Although Canada shouldn't be too trade dependent 90% is too much any sudden changes could be bad for us.

Well, just got back from voting. Its amazing how long some people take to draw an X on their ballot. You'd think they'd have decided who to vote for before they got there. I almost voted for the communist party just because it was there.

Edited by Oerwinde

Devastatorsig.jpg

Our votes might not matter!:

http://ca.fullcoverage.yahoo.com/fc/Breaki..._stories_1.html

Try the following topic:

"Party with the most seats doesn't necessarily form government"

Sure, it's unlikely to happen to but this is for fellow Kanandians who looked down upon the Amerikans because the one who didn't get the 'most votes' won the election 2 elections ago.

Anyways, time to see how the Conservatives behave in power. :blink:

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/cpress/20060123/ca...HNlYwMlJVRPUCUl

Sure, it's unlikely to happen to but this is for fellow Kanandians who looked down upon the Amerikans because the one who didn't get the 'most votes' won the election 2 elections ago.

Anyways, time to see how the Conservatives behave in power. :ermm:

I don't think things will change all that much. The conservatives have a smaller minority than the liberals had.

And your link is dead. :blink:"

http://ca.fullcoverage.yahoo.com/fc/Breaki..._stories_1.html

Try the following topic:

"Party with the most seats doesn't necessarily form government"

Anyways, time to see how the Conservatives behave in power. :wub:

Yes, but with a coalition government you have a combination of NDP and Liberal votes forming the government. So that would end up being around 47% of the vote forming the government instead of 37% Thats fine with me. I think the NDP would have lost credibility if they did that though.

Devastatorsig.jpg

So...Conservatives, eh?

Harper will have to step up and show me what he plans to do to make us a better country to secure my vote again next time. I have my doubts...but in for a penny, in for a pound, I suppose.

On side note, while I was waiting to vote, a couple rowdy teens were laughing amongst themselves. "I'm gunna vote for the SEX PARTY! Hahahahahaha!" :wub:

1169782506.gif

Seriously, only like, three people can touch my body