Canadian Election

Oerwinde

"Personally I think Quebec would be in a world of hurt without Canada.'

So do the Seperatists... hence why they don't want to give up the rights of being Kanadians... just the responsibility.

Afterall, they're xenophobes who can't tell time. LOL

P.S. Yes, I'm bigoted towards Seperatists.

And they are bigoted toward you. A perfect world !

I am in agreement with the rest of your statement, however they do have a right to think and express whatever they want, just as we do.

Edited by astr0creep

It's not exactly a secret that Quebec gets rather large amounts of money (equalization payments and whatnot) from the federal government of Canada.

How are Canadian's "strangers" to you?  I lived with a guy from Amos, Quebec, and he had no problems relating.  Though he admitted he was not a separatist.

Actually, Ontario and Alberta get more money then Quebec. Our PM(if you can call him that...) has been asking for a more equal sharing of Federal economy for years and it is one of the thing he(it?) hope the conservatives will implement.

And the silent majority in Quebec is not separatist. Most people believe the government has more imprtant things to take care of, like employment, healthcare and education, before commiting ressources for referendum after referendum for a possible split with Canada, which has been voted NO by the silent majority everytime it was held.

But since separatists are holding their end of the stick with a lot of glue, we will have another referendum, probably shortly after the next provincial election in Quebec.

Alberta gets more money?

In what way? We've long been declared a "have" province because of our oil revenues and pay into equalization payments.

You will definitely need to validate what you just said, considering the Government of Canada states straight up that Alberta does not receive equalization payments. Here's a chart of the equalization transfers. There's a reason both provinces you mention aren't even listed (because they never receive money via the transfer). This information already has Quebec at a 6 million dollar headstart. I'd like to see where you got your data that indicates otherwise. And if it is true that Alberta got more money, then it's just another indication that the recent governments are retarded and don't know how to handle money, because we don't need it!

And I haven't even touched on things such as Trudeau's NEP and all that.

Alberta gets more money?

In what way?  We've long been declared a "have" province because of our oil revenues and pay into equalization payments.

You will definitely need to validate what you just said, considering the Government of Canada states straight up that Alberta does not receive equalization payments.  Here's a chart of the equalization transfers.  There's a reason both provinces you mention aren't even listed (because they never receive money via the transfer).  This information already has Quebec at a 6 million dollar headstart.  I'd like to see where you got your data that indicates otherwise.  And if it is true that Alberta got more money, then it's just another indication that the recent governments are retarded and don't know how to handle money, because we don't need it!

You obviously seem more informed than me.

I'm thinking Ab & On are not on the list because they already have all the money and must spread the wealth.

So the rich must give to the poor. What's wrong with that?

Edited by astr0creep

"I am in agreement with the rest of your statement, however they do have a right to think and express whatever they want, just as we do."

I never said otherwise.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

The Conservatives have been in power for two days and we're already discussing secession? :thumbsup: Are they that bad? Maybe they'll be nice, moderate conservatives and have a positive influence on policy south of the border?

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

The Conservatives have been in power for two days and we're already discussing secession?  :)  Are they that bad?  Maybe they'll be nice, moderate conservatives and have a positive influence on policy south of the border?

They have policy south of the border? I thought they were a bunch of children using the world as a playground and doing whatever they want. :thumbsup:

The Conservatives have been in power for two days and we're already discussing secession?  :)  Are they that bad?  Maybe they'll be nice, moderate conservatives and have a positive influence on policy south of the border?

They've been discussing seccession for over a decade now. :thumbsup:

More like 3 decades.

But we do not feel Canadian. For us Canadians are strangers, just like Americans. For us, separation is not running away from the problem, it is solving the problem. I am sure that Canada will be a lot better without Quebec, as I am sure we will be a lot better outside Canada.

You should be careful with the "we's"

Personally I think Quebec would be in a world of hurt without Canada.

And I don't think Canada would be better off either.

The "we" I'm refering to is the separatists.

People should check if something has already been answered. :shifty:

Alberta gets more money?

In what way?  We've long been declared a "have" province because of our oil revenues and pay into equalization payments.

You will definitely need to validate what you just said, considering the Government of Canada states straight up that Alberta does not receive equalization payments.  Here's a chart of the equalization transfers.  There's a reason both provinces you mention aren't even listed (because they never receive money via the transfer).  This information already has Quebec at a 6 million dollar headstart.  I'd like to see where you got your data that indicates otherwise.  And if it is true that Alberta got more money, then it's just another indication that the recent governments are retarded and don't know how to handle money, because we don't need it!

You obviously seem more informed than me.

I'm thinking Ab & On are not on the list because they already have all the money and must spread the wealth.

So the rich must give to the poor. What's wrong with that?

I never said anything is wrong with that. And yes, they aren't on the list because they spread out the wealth. You said: "Actually, Ontario and Alberta get more money then Quebec. Our PM(if you can call him that...) has been asking for a more equal sharing of Federal economy for years and it is one of the thing he(it?) hope the conservatives will implement. "

Furthermore, my point was brought up that Quebec receives a lot of money from the other provinces. This just a fact. It's not an inference, nor a judgement, so please don't make it one. If Quebec became independent, they would lose this.

EDIT: A bang up job quoting yourself there Reinoc. If you are referring to my question about how are Canadian's "strangers" to you, you should probably quote that so I know what you're talking about. Unless you just liked to make it exceptionally clear that the "we" was separatists?

So how are Canadians "strangers" to you?

What does separating from Canada do for you?

Why is it so important? How will things be different, after secession?

Edited by alanschu

Apparently Canada's new conservative government has decided to invade the Arctic, no doubt searching for those Penguins of Mass Destruction. :(

Nah, he's just making sure people don't take our ****. I'm actually surprised the first thing Harper did was something I agree with. I figured he'd crucify the gays or something.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

They have policy south of the border? I thought they were a bunch of children using the world as a playground and doing whatever they want.  :(

Of course we do. Its called shut em up, shut em up, put your dukes up now. Got no time or money, get em up, put you dukes up now.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Apparently Canada's new conservative government has decided to invade the Arctic, no doubt searching for those Penguins of Mass Destruction. :)

Nah, he's just making sure people don't take our ****. I'm actually surprised the first thing Harper did was something I agree with. I figured he'd crucify the gays or something.

Except for Hans, which actually isn't your ****. :(

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

Apparently Canada's new conservative government has decided to invade the Arctic, no doubt searching for those Penguins of Mass Destruction. :)

Except for Hans, which actually isn't your ****. :-

Its half ours. :)

Devastatorsig.jpg

They have policy south of the border? I thought they were a bunch of children using the world as a playground and doing whatever they want.  :thumbsup:

Of course we do. Its called shut em up, shut em up, put your dukes up now. Got no time or money, get em up, put you dukes up now.

So you are bullies?

When I was a kid, bullies would get their due when all the kids would get together and teach them a lesson. Worked every time...

So, first thing the Conservatives did when they got into power was tell the US to **** off. 2nd thing they did was tell Alberta to **** off(well, Klein anyway, and to a smaller degree). These guys sure are surprising.

Devastatorsig.jpg

So, first thing the Conservatives did when they got into power was tell the US to **** off. 2nd thing they did was tell Alberta to **** off(well, Klein anyway, and to a smaller degree). These guys sure are surprising.

Its called playing the game they can't be shown to be too cosy to either the American's - Its good for his own political future to show he isn't a puppet of the American adm although things will warm up a bit I expect..

and since Ralph's out making his "third way" and violating the charter Harper has to show national leadership on this issue and not cater to one certain region

those are the reason for the remarks..

War of 2007? Should I join the navy and get me a few cananadian scalps to decorate my rec room?

Good thing I'm starting to thin up there. Can't scalp me if you can't get a good grip.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Would cananadians even notic nuclear winter?

Last winter it was 16 degrees here in Vancouver. Thats 62 for you americans. I doubt they would in Winnipeg though.

Devastatorsig.jpg