Recommend a good action game

A game that has a tight story, but also allows me to shoot things and not get in trouble for it.  I attempted Splinter Cell but got tired of having to sneak around (okay I guess I didn't HAVE to, but it set off alarm after alarm when I didn't).

Can anyone recommend a game similar to Splinter Cell, but with more emphasis on shooting and less on stealth and sneaking in shadows?

I'd recommend Splinter Cell 3 still. It's much more forgiving for you going through and being a gun-wielding bad ass.

Alarms are less fatal too. Though there are some levels where you are not allowed to kill anyone (it makes sense given the situation too), I was able to successfully play the game racking up an insane body count.

I'm weary to give the MGS games a chance, as well as previous versions of Splinter Cell. I might just end up giving the one I had another chance. I just get frustrated easily with hiding and sneaking when a good shotgun blast could clear the hallway.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I know this isn't appropriate to the topic, but has anyone here ever played a game that was out a few years ago - called Iron Storm - that fictional FPS where it's the year 1964 and WW1 is still being waged....everything was pretty much OK with it but it was so frikin morbid, especially the whole atmosphere in the game, I would love to elaborate more but in fact I didn't even finish the game to the end and I certainly don't qualify as some scardy cat but this game just hit me right in the nerve. Too damn creepy and morbid - anyone played it?

Edited by Hildegard

I know this isn't appropriate to the topic, but has anyone here ever played a game that was out a few years ago - called Iron Storm - that fictional FPS where it's the year 1964 and WW1 is still being waged....everything was pretty much OK with it but it was so frikin morbid, especially the whole atmosphere in the game, I would love to elaborate more but in fact I didn't even finish the game to the end and I certainly don't qualify as some scardy cat but this game just hit me right in the nerve. Too damn creepy and morbid - anyone played it?

Did play it, was interesting ,not bad even fresh somehow, but we had too many ww2 games than, maybe in 2 years a second episode could do the trick :huh:

IB1OsQq.png

Did play it, was interesting ,not bad even fresh somehow, but we had too many ww2 games than, maybe in 2 years a second episode could do the trick :huh:

Yeah it was pretty good and yes, there were far too many WW2 games for it to get the proper attention it deserved, it was somewhat fresh new and interesting compared to all the WW2 titles, but on the other hand - mooooorrrrbiiiid :ph34r:

Did play it, was interesting ,not bad even fresh somehow, but we had too many ww2 games than, maybe in 2 years a second episode could do the trick ;)

Yeah it was pretty good and yes, there were far too many WW2 games for it to get the proper attention it deserved, it was somewhat fresh new and interesting compared to all the WW2 titles, but on the other hand - mooooorrrrbiiiid :ph34r:

MORBID is good :p

I had enough from normal 'heroic allies kick Nazi ass' WW2 games, I would like now to play as a german, italian, hungarian soldier too :D

:huh:

IB1OsQq.png

MORBID is good  ;)

I had enough from normal 'heroic allies kick Nazi ass' WW2 games, I would like now to play as a german, italian, hungarian soldier too :D

No disrespect to all Britons here, but I am sick and tired of playing with US and especially British sides in WW2 FPSs - I'm sick and tired listening to friendy combatants around me always throwing comments like - will do, cheery 'o, right 'o and with those hard British accents - fa fa fa fa fa fa........ooooh put a sock in it for crying out loud, always the same BS.

MORBID is good  ;)

No disrespect to all Britons here, but I am sick and tired of playing with US and especially British sides in WW2 FPSs - I'm sick and tired listening to friendy combatants around me always throwing comments like - will do, cheery 'o, right 'o and with those hard British accents - fa fa fa fa fa fa........ooooh put a sock in it for crying out loud, always the same BS.

Right what I mean too! (w00t)

I drink to ya health ! :p

cheery 'o :D

IB1OsQq.png