Recommend a good action game

A game that has a tight story, but also allows me to shoot things and not get in trouble for it. I attempted Splinter Cell but got tired of having to sneak around (okay I guess I didn't HAVE to, but it set off alarm after alarm when I didn't).

Can anyone recommend a game similar to Splinter Cell, but with more emphasis on shooting and less on stealth and sneaking in shadows?

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Console? PC?

Metal Gear Solid 3 (in case you haven't played it)

Thief : Deadly Shadow

Gun

Preferrably console (PS2).

Aren't Metal Gear Solid and Thief the kind of game that would frustrate me, like Splinter Cell did, with the majority of the missions stealth based?

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Max Payne 1 & 2

The Thing

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Metal Gear Solid 3 is fab. You can play through as straight action more than the others in the series.

I also recommend Gun. Shooting bandits from horseback is fab.

I found Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory allowed for more action than the previous games, though it's been a while since I played it and I may be remembering incorrectly...

Oh, and if you haven't played GTA San Andreas you need to be put into the Klingon rocket and flown into the sun.

Edited by Hell Kitty

Gun was kind of short., more so it wasn't that difficult

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

BTW I love the Tank Girl ava, I still have the first 7 or so comics

Its by far my favorite post apocalypse tank comic.

Edited by Laozi

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

I seriously hope you are joking...

Huh?

It was a good action game. A bit short maybe, but good still. Much better than Gun to be sure.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Timesplitters 2 is pretty fun. If you have your PS2 connected, I'd say Battlefield: Modern Combat. It's actually a good game, even though it's not like Battlefield on the PC.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Rune.

Well, you don't shoot stuff much, but it damn well satisfies anyone's need for action. And if that's not enough(or good enough), then there's Severance: Blade of Darkness, first game ever to get a Mature(or K-18) rating in Finland. That game kicked so much ass. :D

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds