Shooting for 30 hours?

roshan

I have a different saying...

If ain't broke, then you ain't trying. :-

*gotta love Red Green*

Thing is ADnD mechanics just couldn't handle my sci fi campaigns so it was kind of broke for me. The d20 System fixed that.

Darque: I start training in a week's time.

There was nothing wrong with AD&D and I fail to see why they needed to bring out that munchkin 3.0 and 3.5 rules. Which goes to say 3.0 is flawed since they ahd to "patch" it with 3.5

I couldn't run my sci fi campaigns with 2e rules. I can with 3.5e rules. Well, general d20 System rules. :thumbsup:

Kirottu: Its not that bit of a deal so I snuck it in. Its not worth a whole new thread.

Edited by Judge Hades

Lets stay on topic here.

ANother thing is that a lot of new material that is superior to both ADnD 2e and 3.5e have been released thanks tothe D20 OGL. One such book is Arcana Evolved. It is a very well done book. Gabs, I think you would like it very much.

Nope.

I have always maintained that official products should maintain official material. The only exception was way back with the IWD 2 design. The 3.0 Ranger sucked majorly and the MC ranger was better. Well, that is in the past. My own personal campaigns I set the rules down in stone prior to the campaign and any changes I make is known to the Players before the campaign starts and those are the "official" rules of the campaign, from beginning to end. I don't change rules in the middle of the campaign.

Lets stay on topic here.

ANother thing is that a lot of new material that is superior to both ADnD 2e and 3.5e have been released thanks tothe D20 OGL.  One such book is Arcana Evolved.  It is a very well done book.  Gabs, I think you would like it very much.

Because talking about 2e vs 3.5 e D&D has exactly WHAT to do with NWN shooting for 30 hours?

:x

I have issues with both systems, clerics are too powerful in 3.5, they shouldn't be able to fight and cast 9th level spells. And the old AC system and thac0 was near indecipherable. Plus there were too many restrictions. And I hate all versions of the monk.

Yaw devs, Yaw!!! (

Someone make a new system for DnD. 4ed. :x

HK47: Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blasters warm, meatbags.

Bastila to Revan: You are easily the vainest, most arrogant man I have ever met!

Canderous to Bastila: Insults? Maybe if your master had trained your lightsaber to be as quick as your tongue you could have escaped those Vulkars, you spoiled little Jedi princess!

Like I said, 3.5e PHB is fine but has some problems. Monte Cook's Arcana Evolved solves these problems.

Such as He breaks down spells in three catagories. Simple, Complex, and Exotic. Wzard types can cast all simple to complex spalls zero through tenth level (tenth level spells are monstrous). Martial spell casters like the Mage Blade has acess to spells level zero to sixth and limited to only to simple spells.

The monk equivelent is the Oathsworn and only when he has an oath to oblidge does he have any class abilities. Other than that he is no more threatening than a commoner.

"clerics are too powerful in 3.5, they shouldn't be able to fight and cast 9th level spells."

That's nonsense.

"And the old AC system and thac0 was near indecipherable."

WOW! I musta been a genius (yeah, right!) to figure it out when I was 10 within minutes. Same with all my friends, or all those other freaks I played 2E with.

WOWSERS!

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Thac0...I still don't really get. It'd help if I knew what each letter stood for. The older AC system I got immediately...lower equals better. (If we're even referring to BG's rule set. If not, tell me to "STFU N00B".)

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast