NWN2 Interview @ RPGDot

Dhruin

How are Obsidian supposed to do anything new with their product if they have to include every little thing out of a multitude of things that are 'essential' to the D&D experience? I've been playing in CRPG sewers since Eye of the Beholder, losing them isn't going to bother me too much.

Edited by Jumjalum

We now bring you live footage from the World Championship Staring Final.

staringcontest8og.gif

Stop it Gabrielle, you're not funny in the least.

Considering we start at a swamp and visit such locales as undead marshes, pirate holes, some of the biggest metropolai in the Sword Coast and probably quite a many basement; I wouldn't mind the loss of sewers at all. Fist of all, we've been there a million times, secondly they weren't really integral to any of the IE or Gold Box games either.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Let's talk about swords.

I like swords.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Lets talk about something intelligent and interesting, sewers don't cut it.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Sewers are trivial, who gives a flying f*** over it?

:ermm:

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

"secondly they weren't really integral to any of the IE or Gold Box games either."

Yes, they were. Afterall, seems to me that the main villain of BG1 was hiding on a sewer. And, in BG2, more thana few side quests were found or connected to a sewer.

"I thought so. Some people need to get a clue and discuss something worth discussing. Sewers??"

I'm not the only person who cares about sewers in this thread. This thread has been kept alive talking about sewers by many people; not just me. It's not a one poster thread, afterall. In fact, the others seem to care more about sewers than I do since they continually talk about it and seem to take my defense of sewers as a personal attack on them and Obsidian even though it wasn't and ain't.

R00fles!

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I thought so. Some people need to get a clue and discuss something worth discussing. Sewers??

Yes! (w00t)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Magical Volo for global admin!!!

Volo FTW!

You people(+Volo) totally killed a good thread.

kirottu said:

"I think you're just splitting hairs for the sake of being confrontational."

Eh? I think the ones calling Obsidian liars are the ones trying to be confrontational. You can't get much clearer than 'There are no sewers in NWN2'. Those are Obsidian's words not mine. Geez..

"But if it handles a locations' sewage wouldn't that make it a sewer? I mean, I am trying to understand your logic here."

Sewers are more than just that. It's not the real world.  Sewers are a state of mind. A state of existence. When I think sewers, I think SEWERS.

I think of an area that is more than just poo and piss falling from drains.

sew