What are you listening to?

Child of Flame

Kansas - Dust in the Wind

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Baley, you might be interested to know I saw the Melvins perform last year as part of a three-band Ipecac Records show in Cleveland. Dalek opened (and sucked mightily) and Tomahawk simply killed as headliners.

So between seeing those two bands, I can pretty much say I've seen Fantomas, too. Although I suppose I would have needed to see an old Slayer show as well to complete the lineup.

Joe Satriani - Crystal Planet

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

Hired Gun - Mirage of Faith

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Baley, you might be interested to know I saw the Melvins perform last year as part of a three-band Ipecac Records show in Cleveland. Dalek opened (and sucked mightily) and Tomahawk simply killed as headliners.

So between seeing those two bands, I can pretty much say I've seen Fantomas, too. Although I suppose I would have needed to see an old Slayer show as well to complete the lineup.

Lucky Amerikansky, there are hardly any decent bands touring this wasteland.

I'll be off to the Lutheran Church tomorrow for some Bach and Haydn.

Kyuss - Supa Scoopa and Mighty Scoop

Feel the illinoise - Sufjan Stevens

Sufjan Stevens is really overrated. When he can make one good album with really good material he opts to make five instead, spreading it too thin.

That doesn't mean he isn't a good songwriter, though.

Currently listening to: Temple Of The Dog - Reach Down

Rest In Peace, Andrew Wood. And for that matter, Rest In Peace, Layne Staley, since I just finished listening to Mad Season's Above.

Heroin is both the best and worst thing that ever happened to grunge. Without it, Alice In Chains' 'Dirt' would never have been made. Without it, Alice In Chains would still be complete with Layne Staley.

Edited by TrueNeutral

It reminds me of that classic Family Guy (paraphrased from memory) where Chris wanted to quit the Scouts or something.

Peter: You can't quit! Imagine what would have happened if Kurt Cobain had quit!

:cut to stage, end of show:

Kurt: Thanks everybody, you were great! Remember to buy our new album, and don't do drugs!

Reporter: Kurt, what a great show! How's the plans for the 12th album coming?

Kurt: Oh they're great, by the way, have you met my wife, Courtney?

Reporter: Who?

Courtney Love: (murderous glare at her famous rockstar husband)

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

...And the world would have surely been a far more arduous place. Staley should, at least, have had the decency to croak right after the MTV Unplugged, in that all too familiar Cobain-esque fashion.

Ornette Coleman - Civilization Day

Edited by Baley

It reminds me of that classic Family Guy (paraphrased from memory) where Chris wanted to quit the Scouts or something.

Peter: You can't quit! Imagine what would have happened if Kurt Cobain had quit!

:cut to stage, end of show:

Kurt: Thanks everybody, you were great! Remember to buy our new album, and don't do drugs!

Reporter: Kurt, what a great show! How's the plans for the 12th album coming?

Kurt: Oh they're great, by the way, have you met my wife, Courtney?

Reporter: Who?

Courtney Love: (murderous glare at her famous rockstar husband)

Family Guy is teh lolz! :D

Bloodthorn - Breeding the Evil Inside

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

...And the world would have surely been a far more arduous place. Staley should, at least, have had the decency to croak right after the MTV Unplugged, in that all too familiar Cobain-esque fashion.

He did it on the same day too. April 5th.

Except, I don't like Kurt Cobain at all, and Nirvana is horribly misclassified as grunge. I mean, listen to Soundgarden, Mother Love Bone, Pearl Jam, and all the other grunge bands. They're mostly rock and metal influenced. On the other side, Nirvana was more punk-oriented, right down to ripping punk artists like The Pixies off.

Also, when I started playing guitar, my dislike for Nirvana grew incredibly quickly in short time, because basic scale excercises were more difficult than all their songs. Why people say Kurt Cobain is a good guitarist is beyond me.