Which are the worst CRPGs of the last decade?

More games to be added or removed if wanted  

49 members have voted

1. 1. More games to be added or removed if wanted

• Pool of Radiance 2
    • Dungeon Siege
    • Ultima 9
    • The Elder Scrolls series
    • Divine Divinity
    • Dungeon Lords
    • Neverwinter Nights- The Original Campaign
    • Gothic 1 & 2
    • Lionheart
    • The Diablo Series

It's what I do.

I love you. :ph34r:

I still can't get past the longer/slower reply habit of old message board days. Today's forums are like Speed Racer in comparison.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

It's what I do.

I love you. :ph34r:

It's the avatar. How can anyone not love that face? :lol:

I know what you mean, though. Things just seems faster on today's Intarweeb. Twitchier, I'd almost say (I blame MTV, high bandwidth, and drive-through windows).

Not that that's what influences my posting style; I just tend to blather on and on and on and on in those rare events when I've got anything to say at all.

@ Hades - I posted a lot on the very old threaded BG1 boards back in..uh..the late 90's I guess. I didn't like it when they changed, and changed again, and... Not that I've looked in a while. But one of those cases where once all the people I hung out with split up it just wasn't the same and never willbe/never went back.

@Magnum Opus - heh, the avatar...must be. :lol: Puss n Boots was great. :lol:

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Pool of Radiance 2 has all these outstanding features, therefore it wins.

severely bugged or incomplete game

no actual opportuinity to roleplay

uninteresting, generic story

poor writing

imbalanced gameplay

unimaginative setting

boring combat

lack of, or uninteresting or annoying NPC's

repetetive story and/or gameplay

Not only that but lost my OS trying to uninstall it :lol:

The NWN OC aside, the SoU and HotU are decent.  It is also one the most stable games I have ever played.  Withthe extra bits you git in Diamond and with one of the largest gaming communities around and the potential of MP, um yeah its worth getting.  Just make sure you get the DVD version, if you have a DVD ROM drive.

Agreed. The Diamond pack is worth it if not for the official modules then for all the user created content. Some of that stuff is pure gold. Especially considering that the Diamond pack is less than half the cost of what NWN alone was when it first came out. I remember hearing Vol complaining about it's $70 or $80 price tag here in Canada. :lol:"

Lionheart for sure. The graphics sucked. The music sucked. The gameplay sucked. The monsters sucked. Okay, you get the picture. That company who developed that game (it wasn't black isle, I think they just oversaw it), actually that ONE GUY who developed it sucks, and headed that company that made brick out games. I got Lionheart for 5 bucks and I still trashed it.

"To be, or not to be a real RPG, that is the question.

Whether tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows

or outrageous action... or by taking up arms against a sea of crap and by opposing: end them."

I agree. The first part did remind me of some of the old black isle game. But when they did the whole repetitive combat with repetitve music forever, with impossible enemies from time to time, that made the game take something even faster than a nosedive. A nosedive with full jets on.

"To be, or not to be a real RPG, that is the question.

Whether tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows

or outrageous action... or by taking up arms against a sea of crap and by opposing: end them."

The first part of Lionheart was actually pretty good.

It was the endless combat sequence after barcellona that made the game take a nosedive.

Yes. The backstory was also really interesting and had great potential. Is this another case of a game rushed to meet a publisher's deadline?

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Pool of Radiance sucked s***. Perfect example on how not to make a game. Ubi Soft should have been driven out of business for that let down.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

There are more posts in this thread than actual votes. Use the poll people. :)

I stayed away from Pool of Radiance 2 and Dungeon Lords because of the bugs, how bad everyone said they were. Even though I haven

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

I removed Fable(because it isnt really a CRPG) and replaced it with Lionheart.

..Maybe we should make this into a kind of sticky list instead of a poll? "Attention: stay away from these games"? :)

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I have a really hard time deciding. I removed the ones I didt even bother playing

Dungeon Siege - Boring and shallow but it wasnt buggy.

The Elder Scrolls series - Boring, shallow and extremely overrated but was it buggy?

Divine Divinity - Boring and bad but no bugs

Neverwinter Nights- The Original Campaign - It wasnt briliant but I had fun playing it and there were only minor bugs

Gothic 1 & 2 - Uninteresting, unbalanced and difficult to control but theres worse.

The Diablo Series - These games reinstated brainless Hack&Slash gaming in CRPGs as the norm and stopped the positive evolution of focusing more on roleplaying elements. They destroyed so much and we would even have garbage like DS if it wasnt for Diablo. But still, the game accomplished what the devs meant it to.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Haven't played Gothic 1 but Gothic 2 was god damn horrid.  The controls sucked, combat sucked, you couldn't make your own character, and overall was severely lame.

Right. Do you think that ultima 7 sucked too? Because that is the kind of game that Gothic 2 reminds me of. Maybe you lot are repeating that ridiculous bitching about "the skill is of the character not the player" DnD nonsense.