Which are the worst CRPGs of the last decade?

More games to be added or removed if wanted  

49 members have voted

1. 1. More games to be added or removed if wanted

• Pool of Radiance 2
    • Dungeon Siege
    • Ultima 9
    • The Elder Scrolls series
    • Divine Divinity
    • Dungeon Lords
    • Neverwinter Nights- The Original Campaign
    • Gothic 1 & 2
    • Lionheart
    • The Diablo Series

I think Hades didn't like Diablo. :D

I'm with G. on this one, as probably everyone already knows. Doom, Myst, then Diablo....fond memories of D1 with some friends.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'm just curious how people here would classify a game such as Drakan. It had a fantasy setting but it wasn't an RPG or even an action RPG in my book. More like a 3rd person perspective action/shooter, only with swords/dragons instead of guns...

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Hmm...I always forget about the Adventure category. Yes, action/adventure would probably fit the bill for Drakan fairly well, as long as people aren't thinking in-depth story-adventure.

It's like Tombraider, mostly, I guess.

I am still waiting for a good game from Blizzard. The last one was The Lost Vikings.

Ooooh, that was a good one.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Is the "Pirates of the carribean" franchise game an RPG? :lol:

..and could you explain some of the abbreviations you used, Volo? I dont get all of them.

p.s

and I will have everyone who suggest Pst or Falout1&2 banned. Thankyou.

Pirates of the Carribean was originally supposed to be Sea Dogs II. Sea Dogs was something of an RPG, in that the character you controlled could gain skill points to put into various skills, such as Sailing, Repair, Gunnery, Boarding, and so forth. It certainly had a storyline (four, actually), so I suppose in some respects it could be considered an RPG, but the focus was certainly on naval combat in the age of sail. I don't know what they ultimately ended up doing with Pirates of the Carribean, since once they tacked the license on I lost interest.

I don't know what they ultimately ended up doing with Pirates of the Carribean, since once they tacked the license on I lost interest.

It was extremely buggy, made playable (just about) by successive fan mods, and the story was distorted because they had to add in the PotC elements at the last minutes. It would probably have been a much better game as Sea Dogs II. The sea combat was better than Sid Meier's Pirates! One of those games that's disappointing to play because you can see the potential for a much better game in there.

Edited by SteveThaiBinh

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Stool of Radiance 2 gets my vote.

Granted, I haven't played Dungeon Siege, Dungeon Lords, Gothic (this one's on my To-Do list), or Fable, and I've only played the demo of Divine Divinity (I've already got a Diablo game... one's probably enough, I think), but of Ultima 9, The Elder Scrolls series, and Diablo, my vote goes to PoR2.

Not only was it a huge letdown, but it completely gutted the (not even yet fully developed) 3E DnD rules, it gutted the character creation options, and it implemented the absolute worst turn-based combat I've yet seen. The setting was surprisingly well done in that things didn't exist solely for my convenience, and monsters were where they were for a reason beyond my finding them, but that invisible rope binding the character together made it a chore to actually explore. The story was just as good as any dungeon crawl, but linear as hell with no chance to influence anything. Good enough to tie the areas together, but that's it. The RNG is one of the worst I've seen with dice rolls continually being fudged in favour of the enemies, and the final fight pretty much requires a sword of such ridiculous

for those of you who do not like NWNs OC, do you think the NWNs Diamond Pack is worth getting (I currently do not own the game)?

I never bothered getting the two expansions... So I couldn't tell you of the quality. If they are anything remotely close to the OC, I would say... No.

Good online play though, and the toolsets are awsome if that interest you at all.

The NWN OC aside, the SoU and HotU are decent. It is also one the most stable games I have ever played. Withthe extra bits you git in Diamond and with one of the largest gaming communities around and the potential of MP, um yeah its worth getting. Just make sure you get the DVD version, if you have a DVD ROM drive.