KOTOR is just too easy...

As I recall, the movies pretty much had the Force/Jedi trumping everything except other Force users...at least in one on one or one against three type battles...the force persuade trick is one of the few things that seemed to be not all-prevailant because it was a mental hypnotism kind of thing or something, hence the willpower.

Damn it... Continuality again. :/

Guess I shouldn't expect "Force Fire" or "Force Ice" in any future Star Wars games eh?

The eniemies get harder in KOTOR2. Have you ever managed to get it to level 40? Almost everyone is immmuned to your force powers.

Sion can one-hit KO me at level 50 without any buffs. ^^

Edited by Haitoku

But the game isn't designed for lvl 40-50 characters...and it's pretty boring to get there to boot, without the editor. Highest I ever got was around 32, and it was still easy then. No one-hit kills for me, but still easy. Hardest was when I leveled up T3 via the editor to lvl 18 or so and the little bots on Peragus wiped the floor with him because he had nothing powerful to use, haha.

Another problem to me was that each area's difficulty was set the first time you entered it so if you skip-hopped around planets/quests and came back it would seem absurdly easy. I'd like it the game would notice and re-scale difficulty when you re-entered an area at a different clvl.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Let's have some realistic expectations though...game developers need to prioritize this stuff or they'd never finish any games. The priority in KotOR I and II was to tell a good story with interesting characters, and I think they knocked that out of the park. They also put a ton of attention into the force powers and having a variety. They also have a huge amount of different items to manipulate. Balancing combat is a difficult task. They did their best, but it wasn't as important as telling a good story. Personally, I'm glad they made the choice they did.

Also, Obsidian managed to make KotOR II under a very short timeframe. I think they pulled off a very solid title considering that.

Going above level 20 is ridiculous. There is no such thing as epic levels in Star Wars. I found this a very poor design decision on Obsidian's side of things. Also giving a game a sequel where the first one tied things up very nicely and left no real room for one is equally stupid.

Edited by Judge Hades

Going above level 20 is ridiculous.  There is no such thing as epic levels in Star Wars.  I found this a very poor design decision on Obsidian's side of things.  Also giving a game a sequel where the first one tied things up very nicely and left no real room for one is equally stupid.

There aren't any levels in Star Wars, period. There's room for a sequel, there's always room. It's Star Wars, remember? It's a continuing story. New threats surface even as old ones die.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

A little late now, but I do agree.

If they do a new Star Wars CRPG series they need to do so that is levelless and classless, something more fluidic and flexible to the story they wish to tell, yet at the same time let the player to make his or her own character instead of being shoe horned or forced to play a character type he or she does not want to play.

Hmmm...I care? :)

In two words; **** rules.

Yes, I had nothing to come back with... :">

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

- Everlast

Yes, I had nothing to come back with... :">

Of course you didn't. I was right as always, except when I am wrong.

Oddly, I can't disagree. :)

- Everlast

The eniemies get harder in KOTOR2. Have you ever managed to get it to level 40? Almost everyone is immmuned to your force powers.

It's irrelevant what level you are. The save bonuses everyone has in that game are stupid. How can a level 7 soldier have a +15 to their reflex save? What about an unnamed "Sith Lord" dealing 170+ dmg in a single hit with the lightsaber? The autobalancing system of that game is one of the worst things I've ever seen in a game.

Going above level 20 is ridiculous.  There is no such thing as epic levels in Star Wars.  I found this a very poor design decision on Obsidian's side of things.  Also giving a game a sequel where the first one tied things up very nicely and left no real room for one is equally stupid.

The Fans Asked For It!

Maybe its time to break away from PnP.

Indeed. It's not a good idea to take a perfectly balanced system and make some random changes here and there and expect it will work just fine, however.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

KOTOR 1, I died many times on my first playthrough. KOTOR 2, The only time I died was when I had to use Atton to defeat the Twin Suns. But Atton sucks, so that doesn't really count. Even in my battle with Kreia, I beat her the first time, and I was a consular/Jedi Master.

KOTOR 1, I died many times on my first playthrough.  KOTOR 2, The only time I died was when I had to use Atton to defeat the Twin Suns.  But Atton sucks, so that doesn't really count.  Even in my battle with Kreia, I beat her the first time, and I was a consular/Jedi Master.

Didn't I just explain this? Of course KotOR I was more balanced, they had years to develop the game. KotOR II was done very quickly. Considering the time constraints, we are lucky we got the game we did. It was a solid story with fun characters. It wasn't as balanced because that was clearly not a priority over story and characterization.

"Didn't I just explain this? Of course KotOR I was more balanced, they had years to develop the game. KotOR II was done very quickly. Considering the time constraints, we are lucky we got the game we did. It was a solid story with fun characters. It wasn't as balanced because that was clearly not a priority over story and characterization."

of course, the engine work was all done for them. The base story, and even some of the characters were done as well. All they did was add more stuff. Oooo.

Of course, it took less time to develop. If it took as long I'd really be worried. o:)"

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

They had a year. That's good enough.

I wouldn't know. I don't know what timetable they were working with when they began the project.

Nor do you, btw.

Edited by 213374U

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I do know that games can be made in a year. So, making that exuse for a game whose engine and rules as well as a good chunk of story was pre made for it making exuses based on length of dvelopment is silly.

Anywyas, KOTOR2 is still a good game, and I'm of the belief that outside of a few bug squashing and simply MORE content that the quality of said content would not have changed one iota.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.