Books!

Gabrielle

My favourite Middle Earth book wasn't the Silmarillion - in fact, it's so long since I read it, I had to go to Wikipedia to look up the title.  It's Unfinished Tales, and looking through the list of tales, I remember really liking "Aldarion and Erendis" amongst others. :devil:

I liked the story of Beren and Luthien from the Silmarillion, but tried once to get through the poem and didn't make it. :devil:

The book had a lot of good stories in it. The rise and downfall of the elves, Melkor and the downfall of Numenor. Classics. ;)

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

My favourite Middle Earth book wasn't the Silmarillion - in fact, it's so long since I read it, I had to go to Wikipedia to look up the title.  It's Unfinished Tales, and looking through the list of tales, I remember really liking "Aldarion and Erendis" amongst others. :devil:

I liked the story of Beren and Luthien from the Silmarillion, but tried once to get through the poem and didn't make it. :devil:

The book had a lot of good stories in it. The rise and downfall of the elves, Melkor and the downfall of Numenor. Classics. ;)

I hope the Worluk:World of Chaos will come out in english (they r actually more than 30 books in the same world) ,the 1st 2 ones will be the background for Word of Chaos RPG PC game :)

IB1OsQq.png

I remember Speaker for the Dead had the piggies; was Xenocide the one with the Asian-types with OCD and Jane the holo-girl? I remember those two had some points in which I was seriously trudging through them simply out of stubborness.

Ender's Shadow was very good. A lot of the "good" was just recycled ideas and nostalgia for the first book, though.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

Currently re-reading A Storm of Swords before I break down and go to the library to take out A Feast for Crows.

Best fantasy series I've ever read so far.

Amen, brother.

Im currently reading the Malazan Book of the Fallen series by Steven Erikson, which has been very very good. Complex reading , though maybe just to my simple mind. I'd have to put him as a close second to G R R Martin, and it suprises me that I dont hear more about him.

I also enjoyed Anne Rice's first 3 books, though I don't know what happened after that. Liked Stephen Donaldsons stuff too. Looking forward to reading Jordan's latest, hope he doesn't dissapoint.

Oh yeah, also i need to finish the Dark Tower series.

As capable of inconvenience, and of some damage and debt to those that would act against my interests, I cannot f*^ng argue with dangerous.

Ender's Shadow was very good. A lot of the "good" was just recycled ideas and nostalgia for the first book, though.

the fact that it kept me engaged was a tribute to the author's creativity. there were a lot of new ideas he inserted into Shadow that weren't in Game. I liked the fact that Bean analyzes everything so much. its a sveet book :thumbsup:

Silmarillion is really depressing, everyone gets screwed over in that book. :lol:

Thanx :angry:

now i don't have to read it :'(

Read it thyself and judge it thyself. Don't let others influence your decisions, make your own and come out with your own conclusions. Why miss out on something that you may enjoy?

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

I remember Speaker for the Dead had the piggies; was Xenocide the one with the Asian-types with OCD and Jane the holo-girl? I remember those two had some points in which I was seriously trudging through them simply out of stubborness.

If i remember correctly all 3 books after endersgame had the piggies and the Asian girl. That series was a great one.

The first shadow book was my favorite out of the shadow series. I didn't like the shadow series as much. Card seemed to get a little to preachy for me.

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

Silmarillion is really depressing, everyone gets screwed over in that book. :)

Thanx :angry:

now i don't have to read it :'(

Read it thy self and judge it thy self. Don't let others influence your decisions, make your own and come out with your own conclusions. Why miss out on something that you may enjoy?

Anyone dies in it :)

I don't like dramas very much :(

IB1OsQq.png

Well I just finished A Game of Thrones, and I'm pretty antsy to start A Clash of Kings, but I think I'll hold off on any fantasy for a bit I've been swamped with it lately.

I think I'll read Bukowsky's Slouching Towards Nirvana, one of the posthumous releases I haven't gotten to read.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Reading Charles Baudelaire's Les Fleurs du Mal

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

• 2 weeks later...

I've always spelt it Philip K Dick myself :thumbsup:"

I'm reading Demonstorm by James Barclay. Heroic fantasy, similar to Robert E Howard and David Gemmell, so no deep plots. They're a fun read even so.

master of my domain

Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo.

Yep, Speaker and Xenocide both have the piggies and Jane. It's quite a change of pace and focus in those two, from Ender's game. While that one seems to focus a great deal in the psychologic part of the plot, Speaker and Xenocide lean heavily toward metaphysics, philosophy, religion (especially Xenocide), and the author's particular cosmogony.

I liked them, but I understand why Gromnir said they're only for real HC fans of Card.

I'm looking for the last book, Children of the Mind, but there's not a great deal of bookshops that have it, for some reason.

In the interim, David Anthony Durham's Pride of Carthage.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

I'm on the third chapter. I'm definitely liking it so far, though, to be honest, I'm not entirely keen on the author's writing style.

The edition I am trying to read has a foreword that criticises the writing style, describing it as "words being shouted onto a page".

Two thirds of the way through I have to agree. I've reached a point where I cannot read any further.