Whatever happened to F.E.A.R ?

Kaftan Barlast

OK i beat this... and it does a better job than Doom3 did at creeping me out toward the end.

Mommie!? :Blam!: mommy dead

Edited by Calax

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I have a 7800 GTX. Everything else runs awesome on 1680 * 1050 rez except that game! Sheeh don't tell me I gotta wait for the Geforce 8...

The readme suggest NOT running FEAR at any resolution past 1024x768 on any current generation card... I assume this ment GF6... 7 should be already at 1280x1024.. 1600 is a bit too high though. In any case, your FPS are normal for you system/setting.

And there you have it. Run it at 1024x768 with jacked up settings...and quit complaining. Sheesh...I never understood the need to make the resolution higher than that anyway.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

I never understood the need to make the resolution higher than that anyway.

It's because some of us have monitors that are bigger then 17"...

Touche', lyric boy. Touche', indeed.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

- Everlast

It seems to me that FEAR demands much more of your hardware than it actually delivers graphicswise. That is not a good thing.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

So the moral of the story is flat panel and big is bad or at least problematic in certain situations regarding quality of display.

It's not necessarily about the size of the flat panel, it's about its "native" resolution (usually the highest resolution the panel can support). Any resolution other than the native resolution looks like azz on a flat panel.

ok... so change that to put a bullet in the head of...

so it should read "I don't like feeling sorry for somthing that I just put a bullet in the head of"

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

What is cool is when you kill Fettel, he just sits right in front of you in his cell and then you can just give him a good smack in the face with your pistol. Then the room suddenly changes as he falls and he's lying there dead along with alice. Man that's cinematic.

Edited by Bokishi

What is cool is when you kill Fettel, he just sits right in front of you in his cell and then you can just give him a good smack in the face with your pistol. Then the room suddenly changes as he falls and he's lying there dead along with alice. Man that's cinematic.

Nice spoilers... <_<

- Everlast

Nice spoilers... <_<

LOL.

That part was funny. Soon as the scene changed to show him just sitting there... *Bam* SlowMO and Bullet through the head... Game makes you pretty paranoid towards the end. =)

I just finished it. Very high productionvalues and good A.I. I'll save for another playthrough when i have the money to play it at max settings.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy