Whatever happened to F.E.A.R ?

Kaftan Barlast

That would require being familiar with the cliches of haunted houses.

Doom 3 IMO is a better example of trying to hard. They had imps jumping out of pretty much everything, that my default way of opening up a door was to quickly strafe out of the way since more often than not, there was an imp behind it.

Edited by alanschu

I rather enjoyed the haunted Mansion in Bloodlines.  great stuff.

It was prefectly done. One of the best parts to visit in the game.

I thought so. I was especially impressed by the fact that I was playing a vampire, an unholy denizen of the night, while getting spooked by ghosts and other unholy denizens.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I rather enjoyed the haunted Mansion in Bloodlines.  great stuff.

Anyone know how I can get the sound to work in the game?  It's silent.  The cutscenes works, but everything is upside down.

You didn't play the haunted mansion without sound, did you ?!? :(

Then you better fix the sound and go back and do it again (preferably in THX quality etc.) :-"

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

No no, Gorth, I meant System Shock 2. Now the sound works, but it's caught in terminal loops. It's driving me batty.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

PC gamer just published in their most recent issue most of the stuff you should have been told without going through all the laptops and phone messages.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Yeah, but that doesn't bother me. I'm a completenik, so I usually hunt down everything. On the other hand, I didn't take the time to go through everything the first run and I doubt I give it a second. ...And I seriously doubt I go in for multiplayer in FEAR.

Obsidian Plays

I'm too lazy to crawl through all 16-17 pages... :">

Anybody care to review F.E.A.R. in like 3-5 lines (like, what's the game about) ?

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I wasn't too happy with the sound quality in bloodlines. Everything sounded so mono.

The sounds and background music was some of the best I have heard.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Anybody care to review F.E.A.R. in like 3-5 lines (like, what's the game about) ?

Your player shoots bad guys, who hide and stuff.

Shoot to kill baby shoot to kill!

So, it's like Unreal Tournament :)

19 pages for that... people must be bored while waiting for something.

Your player shoots bad guys, who hide and stuff.

Shoot to kill baby shoot to kill!

So, it's like Unreal Tournament :)

19 pages for that... people must be bored while waiting for something.

it does actually have a plot line associated with it.

And PC gamer also talked about what happened to Leo Jankowski.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.