NWN2 Visitation Report

Diamond

This nonsense really bites. Someone muscled the fora over to Bioware and these boards are going to languish. I don't mind the fac that Bioware handles the NWN2 boards but there's nothing substantial going on here. KotOR 2? Come on, it's nice and all, but there's got to be more than that to pump a little life into this place. I honestly don't even think Obsidian cares about these fora. At least for a while Feargus was posting.

I appreciate some of the devs posting here, but I wish we had some word on the next project. oh well, I keep hoping for an announcement. I'm sure we'll get one soon. :Eldar's hopefull while waiting for an announcement regarding PNJ icon:

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I don't care for the Bioware community nor do I care about NWVault. Bioware seems to be muscling in on Obsidian's game and that just is not right. F**k bioware and the NWN community. This is NWN 2 and an Obsidian game. We bloody need ta Neverwinter Nights 2 forums here. If Bioware wants to keep a set over there that is all well and good, but we need full forums here.

An Obsidian game should have space at the Obsidian forums. Plain and simple.

Edited by Judge Hades

Wait for PNJ, that's what I say.

Anyway, I'm sure there will be plenty of NWN 2 discussion here soon enough. When's the release date anyway?

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Proof that Bioware is musling in on Obsidian's game on the forums:

First it was forced to be at the Bioware forums for some lame arse reason to keep the community together. Let me tell you something Atari and Bioware. Obsidian isn't working on a NWN 1 expansion or some crap like that. They are making their own game thusly deserves its own community.

Secondly they have Bioware Mods enforcing Bioware rules on a Obsidian game. Sorry, but it is an Obsidian game, should work with the Obsidian community thusly be governed by Obsidian rules. Don't like it, don't have the game on your forums.

I am just surprised that Bioware didn't take KotOR 2 and use that lame excuse to "perserve the community."

Wait for PNJ, that's what I say.

Why bother? Ifits not PC then its not for me. I am not planning to even look at another console system for another 2 to 3 years. I got a X Box and it works just fine. I got a PC that does the work I need it for without additional hookups.

I like to have as little electronics in my home you know. Whatever PNJ will be game wise is irrlevant if its not PC.

Neverwinter Nights 2 is PC and therefore relevant to me and I should be able to discuss the game at the developer's forums and not the forums beleonging to the people who made its predecessor.

Anyone shares my joy about the content of the article itself?

How good was JE and KOTOR UI? (they say NWN2 will have the same look and feel)

i share the joy, that was interesting and much better than nothing.

as for JE i have never played it, but i have played K2, and i really enjoyed that, so i am confidently assuming NWN2 will be super sveeeeeet too.

but as for the NWN2 forum moving, i guess it was bad, but not as bad as Hades thinks... :)

i am guessing the hard feelings come from the fact that he got banned from it? :(

Well its good to here something about the game, even if it sandwiched between some lame commentary about how his wife like the OC and how talented he thought the Pop Rocks were.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Yeah, that forum at BioWare stuff really hurts OE. Even though many people might know OE/Black Isle they assume that NWN2 is a BioWare product, and well, maybe a lot of "praise" goes to the wrong people...

From a discussion I had on another forum (about buginess of RPG's)

Not patching a buggy game doesn't seem to stop you buying OE's NWN2 (even though the lack of support on KotOR2 was due to LucasArts).

OE's NWN2? you mean BioWare right... and I'll buy another BioWare product because they support their community... Look at nwvault.ign.com it's hopping.. Lots of content, good system to upload tools etc. The other difference I played through Kotor1/2 all the way through without even downloading 1 patch or having a problem.. It was a console game before afterall... As well as not being Multiplayer!

NWN got lots of patches, and I've played it since it was released.. I don't see a connection here with no patches from them.. and what's this about buying NWN2? It's not even out yet how can I buy it?

No, NWN2 is NOT made by Bioware. Nor was Kotor2, as you mentioned. And I guess you have to consider yourself lucky that you didn't fins bugs in Kotor2, even if you can't miss them even when trying to AVOID them...

Oh my bad.. It is obsidian which is made up mostly of people who developped Baldur's Date and IWD... Which is an even better background

Bioware forums are dreadfully slow and annoying.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

one of these days, people is gonna realize that message boards is for advertising games more than anything else. these boards is dead, and even when kotor2 were released there were only a few posters in this place. so, what publisher wanting to maximize exposure of their game would want these boards to be the home of a major release?

and the notion that bio wanted nwn2 moved to their boards... is highly suspect.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

The key word is "was."  When Bioware slated it to Obsidian it "was" no longer Bioware's game.  It "is" now an Obsidian game.

Still I say throw your anger toward Atari, as they were the ones who made the decision to move the forums to Bioware.

@Surreptishus, true Obsidian forums tend to be slow but its because there are a lot of lurkers. I just checked Bio and Obs. Obs has 123 visitors in the last 30 minutes and Bioware has 294 people online. Obsidian has about a third of Bio's traffic and Bio has 6 or 7 games (not really sure) for their forums and Obs has only 1 game. Just because bioware has all these registered users its not like they are on the forums all the time, and a lot of these registered users only registered to register their games. I've checked many other times too, out of curiosity, and the Obs and Bio forums have even had closer numbers as to who was on whose site at times. In others words I don

Edited by Ellester

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson

Well, that was some rapid derailment. <_<

Anyone shares my joy about the content of the article itself?

How good was JE and KOTOR UI? (they say NWN2 will have the same look and feel)

My comment on the article is that I was excited when they were talking about Obsidian working with the community until I realized that we aren't Obsidian's community here. The Bioware board is Obsidian's community. We're just wayward children.

That might not be the aspect of the article you wanted to discuss, but that's the aspect of the article that struck me.

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I still say we should keep ourselves separate from Bioware and make this game Obsidian's like it should. We could use Rhomal's website as the seed of the Neverwinter Nights 2 community. Bioware can keep its NWN 1 community.

Edited by Judge Hades