NWN2 Visitation Report

Diamond

This nonsense really bites.  Someone muscled the fora over to Bioware and these boards are going to languish.  I don't mind the fac that Bioware handles the NWN2 boards but there's nothing substantial going on here.  KotOR 2?  Come on, it's nice and all, but there's got to be more than that to pump a little life into this place.  I honestly don't even think Obsidian cares about these fora.  At least for a while Feargus was posting.

I appreciate some of the devs posting here, but I wish we had some word on the next project.  oh well, I keep hoping for an announcement.  I'm sure we'll get one soon.  :Eldar's hopefull while waiting for an announcement regarding PNJ icon:

What does the NWVault report have to do with the Bioware forums, am I missing something?

Anyway I agree it's frustrating to have our community neutered in this manner but Atari pull all the strings and it does make business sense. More people will buy NWN2 if they think it's a Bioware product, Obs will just have to make sure they have a nice logo animation at the beginning.

Edited by Jumjalum

We now bring you live footage from the World Championship Staring Final.

staringcontest8og.gif

What was so special about March 5th? Around that time was the post Kotor 2 discussion and the NWN2 boards were still here... can 1225 members online be considered dead?

yeah, compared to what they get at bioware... and compared to what bis/interplay got at similar times.

dead.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

I don't know what is the problem with this communities war.

It was a marketing decision that will only do good for NWN2 sales and hence the ongoing support.

Besides, OE will get its credit, but from more people than if it didn't cooperate with Bioware.

Bioboards :lol:

I jest.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Bioboards are slow, too much graphics, and they have too many forum nazis. I quite agree with this.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

That is what they like you to think but I know better. Yes, there is a war, a silent war that is brewing and we must take the banners and charge into the fray!

*Kirottu, you don't actually think that all this ranting and raving is serious do you?

Yes, we shall tear down the walls and build them back up again! This time with explosives!

Edited by Judge Hades

Jumjalum, I find that quite insulting.  Chris Avellone and his team put forth a lot of work in this game yet the likes of David Gaider and crew get the credit?  Sorry, but there is something seriously wrong with that.

Don't get me wrong, I agree it's not right, but from a heartless boardroom viewpoint there really is only one choice. Things aren't going well for Atari if reports are to be believed, given the choice between riding the coattails of the success of NWN1 or starting a new community over here, there's not much doubt what the best business plan is.

Sorry for being a treachorous realist, I would love for Obs to have the NWN community here - the Bioboards suck.

Edited by Jumjalum

We now bring you live footage from the World Championship Staring Final.

staringcontest8og.gif