midichlorians

atombom2005

(stolen from Jesus' birth of a virgin, anyone? just noting that)

No.

um, yes, unless you ignore the truth. the idea was taken from Jesus' birth of a virgin. but you obviously don't care, so i won't either.

on topic: adding to my first post, the midichlorians are the force, and maybe having more personally allows you to control midichlorians.

and thats that. end the thread please?

i think Surrptishus said it best, "All you can do is speculate wildy about what is essentially a mistake. Personally i think that is a bit pointless."

agreed my gorilla acquaintance, agreed.

Are they the force or what whats the deal I watched episode one again for the 40th time. Youknow how Qui Gon says they live inside you but the force ais around you nso what exactly are they.

Another thing want if Han really did shoot first?

What i understood "midichlorians" to be were energy type particles of no mass that flow through everything and basically allow everything to exist. They have always seemed to have a "personality" or something, like how they "impregnate" Shmi Skywalker (stolen from Jesus' birth of a virgin, anyone? just noting that)

I never liked the midichlorian aspect of SW, because i think it conflicts with my beliefs in God. Although, this is not surprising, since a lot of things conflict with my beliefs in God.

like.. say me? I do not believe in God but you don't have to listen.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

If you really want to understand your questions:

Rent a copy of the ORIGINAL, unedited, no-1990s & on re-works, ORIGINAL trilogy (episodes IV, V, and VI).

Then remember that for 20 years, that was the authoritative Star Wars. And no one had any reason to expect otherwise.

Han shot first. It defined who he was -- willing to kill rather than risk being killed or robbed. It also showed just how far he changed, from being the ruthless mercenary to the redeemed love interest of Leia. The Force was a mystical energy field, which could only be truly understood by those like Luke & Ben who were tapped into it (thus Han's skepticism in Ep. IV, at first). There were no simple pseudo-scientific descriptions which would allow a Force Potential to be measured like a lab rat.

Then, keep all that stuff in mind when you watch the later stuff -- Ep. 1, 2, 3. There's a reason why "midichlorians" were never mentioned beyond that one scene in Episode 1. They were a bad idea and Lucas ditched it, just like the over-excessive Jar Jar stuff. He's stated in interviews that he did indeed want Ep. 1 to be more "kid-friendly," wanting to usher in a new generation of potential fans to the Star Wars universe. He thus threw in the silly midichlorian idea and the Jar Jar goofy scenes to make new kids laugh.

But, really, he should have remembered that kids are smarter than that, and that the same tone of the first, Episode IV, of heroism and epic storytelling, work very well. There was no need to pander to the "kids" for Ep. 1; they're smarter than that, and it made both the Star Wars genre and the "kids" he was targeting seem dumber than they actually are.

evil_twin.jpg

do any of you believe that Lucas was so feed up with his fans he made a mockery of them by making these last films? i mean everything that was done in the prequel was so counter to what the original series stood for, and remember lucas never wanted to be remembered as george "star wars" lucas. also for as horrible the films were all cast to be by critics and fans alike... he is richer and more powerful then ever :) so he did have the last laugh

The wookie has no power here.

Oh yeah. Crap. Well can we get someone in here who does? I think this topic has been beat to death, incinerated, and buried under two tons of radioactive waste.

Edited by Darkside
sig2.gif

Nah, I don't think Lucas had any intention of having a laugh at the fans' expense -- on the contrary, he's always saying that he ultimately sticks to his own vision and doesn't really listen to what fans think.

The only thing that seemed to ever irk him about fans was when plot details would be leaked all over the internet, heh.

If he didn't want to be know as Mr. Star Wars, I don't think he would have named his private movie and music compound "Skywalker Ranch," or whatever it's called.

Now that he's (supposedly) done with the Star Wars movies (but still working on a TV series!), I am looking forward to what he's going to do with the new Indiana Jones movie.

:D

evil_twin.jpg

interesting fellow that man is, it would have been nice if his buddy ET steven didn't influence him so much. i prefered his vision the way it was in the 80's, besides spielberg is about as scientific as dr. seuse and Scientology. still enjoyed the movies though and the kids did love it so star wars will carry on :)

But.. you had to sacrifice a bit of your soul to do it, by pulling the "old skool star wars nerd" routine. :p

:D

But, good monkey sir, that IS part of my soul!

I am indeed an "old school" SW nerd. ;) I saw the first movie, Ep.4, at age 6, and was completely blown away. My little brother and I had (still have) a record (album, for you whippernsappers) with most of the dialogue from that movie, which we learned by heart after playing it so often. We would dance around the house to the Star Wars 8-track soundtrack.

OLD SCHOOL BABY! :-

evil_twin.jpg

OMG LOLZ! U R SO OLDDD!!

eVER1 NOES DAT EPISODE 1, 2 AND THE R DA BEST CUZ STA WHUT MY FRENDZ THINK CUS OF THE LITESAVER FIGHTS AND ALL THE SEPSHAL EFFEX AND JAR JAR 2 HEESA FUNNY MAN ROFL!

:huh:

And the DBZ references!

Midichlorians: Gotta check 'em allllllllllllllllllllllll!!!11one

Vash shakes his walker at the whippersnappers.

evil_twin.jpg