midichlorians

atombom2005

Back on topic? ...okay what was the topic?

Ok, i see now, midichlorians. What about them? Film reason? plot device to try and quantify the force so that qui gonn has a specific reason for believing Anakin is special as opposed to just a vague feeling. SW lore reason? whatever nonsense was stated in the film to explain it.

Unfortunately due to the shallow nature of the films there is no scope for a deep discussion on midichlorians.

All you can do is speculate wildy about what is essentially a mistake. Personally i think that is a bit pointless.

i think him having no father was good enough, the midis were used to quanitify that he was stronger than yoda in the force

It just said Anakin had more midichlorians than Yoda not anything about that he was stronger in force. IIRC.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

(stolen from Jesus' birth of a virgin, anyone? just noting that)

No.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Either tarna is really interested in midichlorians or he's looking for any excuse to lock the thread... :thumbsup:

:D Neither actually. I'd prefer it to stay on track so it 'doesn't' get closed ( as long as you guys want it anyway ).

Ruminations...

When a man has no Future, the Present passes too quickly to be assimilated and only the static Past has value.