Newbie Guide

Child of Flame

Advise for Newbies: If in Moderated Mode don't make your alt resemble your screen name... unless you really love us reading your posts... :-"

Cookie, I have two warnings and my posts are not being moderated unless someone stole one of them when I wasn't looking. 

One for the STFU N00B thread and one for harassin' Adria.

Yeah, when you get your second then there will be a temporary moderated status...

Edited by Battlewookiee

2?? in all your time you've only had 2 warnings!!! :-

Yep.

And yeah, I guess I was put on moderated status for a week after the second one, I was talking about the indefinite moderated status they put you on after your third though. Course I just made an alt during that week, the password for which is now long forgotten. Phoenix87 if you guys want to delete it or something.

I think it all depends on the severity of the transgression. If something is really really really bad and distasteful, an instant ban might be needed. If it looks like someone was just having a bad day moment a slap on the wrist and a reminder of forum rules only be needed.

Politics & Religion are two of the biggest emotional button pushers...

My ex-wife's father is a Colonel, USMC (ret.) ... when they'd move around often to different bases and even countries, there was usually a reminder session or commercials on the military radio reminding people that Religion and Politics are two very heated issues, and to handle those with care when mingling with your fellow families.

I like to keep my personal views on religion and politics rather guarded, because they're, well, personal. But, I don't mind getting into an intellectual (not heated or filled with logical fallacies like appeals to faith or value judgements, etc.) discussion on those topics now and then.

OK, I think I just derailed this train...

evil_twin.jpg

Periods of time with too many threads with this type of hostile environment is why I stop posting at places - and as Gab said, why I avoid joining in a lot of topics, sometimes, too. Know your limits, as they say. :ph34r:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Politics & Religion are two of the biggest emotional button pushers...

Which is why I try to avoid them, especially religion.

I have yet to learn that lesson, unfortunately. In fact, the only unofficial warning I got was when I got carried away in one of those arguments and ended up flaming metadigital with(out) provocation. And I was reported by CoF, of all people. :huh:

Fio is a she, by the way. :(

Edited by Mothman

I just found it amusing considering he never seemed to care any other time.  And...what the heck?!!  How come he's allowed to have a gigantic sig and nobody else is?  Shenanigans!  :angry:

I don't think his sig. is that particularly gigantic... but I do think it's really unfair that I got told off (albeit, nicely) for mine and had the section on sigs. in the Forum Guidelines quoted to me, when there's clearly others who also break the "rules" on sig. sizes... it seems the moderators have adopted their previous state of inconsistency again... either that or... where's Pixies... because I have a feeling this is a conspiracy :ph34r:

[color=gray][i]OO-TINI![/i][/color]

I just found it amusing considering he never seemed to care any other time.  And...what the heck?!!  How come he's allowed to have a gigantic sig and nobody else is?  Shenanigans!  :angry:

"Users may also create a signature that appears at the end of every post.

Such signatures should remain at six(6) lines or less of text without imagery,

or at most two(2) lines of text with imagery.

All images, regardless of text configuration, must fit within a perimeter of 125 pixels high by 600 pixels wide."

i don't like CoF's sig. either because it has the disturbing strawberry lady and is really big. and mothy, sorry to break it to you, but you violate the code too...

I don't think his sig. is that particularly gigantic... but I do think it's really unfair that I got told off (albeit, nicely) for mine and had the section on sigs. in the Forum Guidelines quoted to me, when there's clearly others who also break the "rules" on sig. sizes... it seems the moderators have adopted their previous state of inconsistency again... either that or... where's Pixies... because I have a feeling this is a conspiracy

i think your alternative sig. works well though. as for pixies... where the heck is he?