I'm finally Airborne!!!

11XHooah

Yes, it is true. I'm no longer a dirty nasty leg :D I just graduated Airborne school on thursday and now I'm on my way to RIP. So in another month I'll finally be a Ranger. But I lucked out and the Army gave me Christmas exodus, meaning I get two weeks to finally relax :cool: Just thought I'd give you guys a sitrep on my training.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

MySpace: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=44500195

Congratulations! :)

Can I ask what RIP is though? :ermm: (In the context of your thread-starting post)

RIP is the Ranger Indoctrination Program which is a 3 week assessment that shows if you will have what it takes to move on to a Ranger battalion and start working your way to Ranger School.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

--John Stewart Mill--

"Victory was for those willing to fight and die. Intellectuals could theorize until they sucked their thumbs right off their hands, but in the real world, power still flowed from the barrel of a gun.....you could send in your bleeding-heart do-gooders, you could hold hands and pray and sing hootenanny songs and invoke the great gods CNN and BBC, but the only way to finally open the roads to the big-eyed babies was to show up with more guns."

--Black Hawk Down--

Very good! I think Rangers are the best rough and tumble regular unit in the Army. It really took down the quality of special forces when they stopped making Ranger School a prerequisite. You're the bomb, friend!

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Wow, that was an unprovoked tantrum if I've ever seen one. Just because you're in a bad mood you don't have to go hijack a thread and fling "zingers" at people.

Congrats, Hooah. May you have many uneventful landings!

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

Yes, it is true. I'm no longer a dirty nasty leg :D  I just graduated Airborne school on thursday and now I'm on my way to RIP. So in another month I'll finally be a Ranger. But I lucked out and the Army gave me Christmas exodus, meaning I get two weeks to finally relax :cool: Just thought I'd give you guys a sitrep on my training.

Congrats. Don't get shot and freindly fire isn't.

11xhooah, Happy Holidays, be safe and keep your exhaust port covered.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

;)

I thought the military had a don't ask don't tell policy.

Exactly, so you never know if you're safe or not.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Congratulation 11XHooah :thumbsup:

Will you undergo RIP at Ft. Benning Georgia or is there another boot camp? And are you now officially part of the 5th Ranger Training batallion or not yet?

BTW, don't even bother responding to ppl who say you're stupid or something, you're doing something you love and believe in....and nothing else matters. :rolleyes:

Have you added yourself yet (see sticky)

By the way, what is Rangers anyway? They're not special forces like the Navy Seals, Delta, SAS, (insert name of nations special forces here) are they?

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

Congratulation 11XHooah :thumbsup:

Will you undergo RIP at Ft. Benning Georgia or is there another boot camp? And are you now officially part of the 5th Ranger Training batallion or not yet?

BTW, don't even bother responding to ppl who say you're stupid or something, you're doing something you love and believe in....and nothing else matters. :rolleyes:

RIP will take place at Ft. Benning as well. They won't be picking us up for RIP until after we get back from exodus, but after that I will finally be part of the 5th Ranger Training battalion. And thanks for the support bro, I appreciate it :cool:

--John Stewart Mill--

--Black Hawk Down--

If youre going to argue, do it by presenting arguments and not calling eachother stupid and/or ingorant. Failiure to comply means thread closed.

Ive also made a new thread where the debate may be held separately.

"Thoughtcrime is death. Thoughtcrime does not entail death. Thoughtcrime is death."

Good luck kid. Some of my friends were in the first Gulf War so I can only imagine what it's like over there.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I was there during Desert Shield, after the storm as it were. It was indeed an experience. Word of advice for you, I know they train you to obey orders unquestioning but use your gut. If something feels wrong to you then more than likely it is. When in doubt, don't.

Edited by Judge Hades