How Prince of Persia 3?

foxdez

I know I will be ending up buying this title but if anyone have any insight into the game it would be appreciated.

To make this a bit clear I thought PoP1 was fun experience which a lot of good qualities... Now having said that I am not dissapointed with PoP2 but the different path they have now taken is not an approvement. More or less I just want to know which path they have now taken for this new game.

I heard it was better than the Second one, but not quite as good as the first...

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

I had the priviledge of reviewing this game recently and I was pleasantly surprised. I loved Sands of Time and felt that Warrior Within was a step backwards, as the game seemed to be an attempt by Ubisoft to vow the emo-crowd, with the prince now a whining bastard who I couldn't care less for. The new Two Thrones is the sequel to Sands of Time that Warrior Within should have been. It seems that Ubisoft really listened to their fans and made The Two Thrones more in line with Sands of Time, as the prince (or princes) is back to being a hero again and the level designs are still as spectacular as ever. Everyone loves the dark prince's Daggertail too..

The game is a bit on the violent side (decapitations and mutilations are common and you might even cut people in half), especially if you're not so fond of combat and utilize the new function "Speedkill", where you instead of engage the enemy in a fight, sneak up and press a rapid succesion of buttons for an insta-kill that's very graphic.

I gave the game 7.8/10.

Edit. Tired typoes.

Edited by mkreku

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

If you like 1 and 2 then you probably like this too.

But, i don't like these new POP titles. Ubisoft is releasing a new chapter every year with little improvments. They are doing the same thing with Splinter Cell.

Edited by karka
centinexx.png

But, i don't like these new POP titles. Ubisoft is releasing a new chapter every year with little improvments. They are doing the same thing with Splinter Cell.

I am about half way through the game and am thoroughly enjoying it. It has the larger areas that those of you who liked Sands of Time will enjoy and it also has the great combat gameplay that those who liked Warriors Within will enjoy. It took the previous two games and made one great game out of them.

The reason I quoted this reply was because I also feel that a lot of publishers take a series and run with it adding new titles each year. Some of these sequels are terrible and bland, but other developers really do take the experience, even though it's not particularlly ground-breaking, and they make it enjoyable from start to finish and I believe Ubisoft has done that with both the PoP series and the SC series. Even though both series really hasn't done anything too innovative with either of these games, they have been pretty enjoyable, at least in my opinion. I've played through all six of these games and haven't regretted a minute of it so far, but only time will tell how long Ubisoft decides to franchise these two titles.

I am about half way through the game and am thoroughly enjoying it. It has the larger areas that those of you who liked Sands of Time will enjoy and it also has the great combat gameplay that those who liked Warriors Within will enjoy. It took the previous two games and made one great game out of them.

The reason I quoted this reply was because I also feel that a lot of publishers take a series and run with it adding new titles each year. Some of these sequels are terrible and bland, but other developers really do take the experience, even though it's not particularlly ground-breaking, and they make it enjoyable from start to finish and I believe Ubisoft has done that with both the PoP series and the SC series. Even though both series really hasn't done anything too innovative with either of these games, they have been pretty enjoyable, at least in my opinion. I've played through all six of these games and haven't regretted a minute of it so far, but only time will tell how long Ubisoft decides to franchise these two titles.

I know, these titles are not bad. I'm not saying they are bad. But, i think Ubisoft is just trying to milk gamers. Yes, "milking gamers" is the only goal of publishers, but Ubisoft is just doing it better than others.(Not as good as EA though)

I hope they won't do same thing with Heroes and M&M.

Edited by karka
centinexx.png

Well Ubisoft's publically announced that this is to be the last PoP title, at least following this prince and this story.

Splinter Cell 4 is already in development though.

"know, these titles are not bad. I'm not saying they are bad. But, i think Ubisoft is just trying to milk gamers. Yes, "milking gamers" is the only goal of publishers, but Ubisoft is just doing it better than others.(Not as good as EA though)"

You call it milking gamers; I call it giving players what they want. I don't know anyone can consider that a bad thing. The whole point is to give consumers what they want, and making sequels to popular games is doing exactly that.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

The Two Thrones is an excellent game. If you play a game for the story as much as for the gameplay, then T2T nicely wraps up the stories of the two previous games and the ending will send a wave of nostalgia over you.

As you probably already know you play as the Prince and the Dark Prince, each representing noble prince from SoT and the selfish one from WW. The dialogue between the two is interesting if a bit predictive of where the story will go. The voice over work is pretty good too. The original voice of the Prince from SoT returns..which is a welcome relief. I was dissapointed with the voice of Farah but she grows on you like the first game although I could have used more game time with the Prince and Farah traveling and fighting together like the first game, bickering and encouraging each other.

As for gameplay, open combat is just the same is WW. I personally like the options the freeform fighting system gives you everytime you make a move. But most people don't seem to appreciate it. Enter the speedkill system. You can carefully navigate through the environment, positioning yourself over, under or behind your enemies to get the drop on them. A few carefully timed button presses later and you've quickly dispatched those pesky sand monsters. Making the environment puzzle solving part of combat and boss battles was a pretty good idea.

The environment puzzle solving is pretty good too. There are a few new moves you can pull off but its still pretty much the same as the two previous games. The environments themselves are a pleasure to roam about in. Although I think it fails to reach the majestic levels of SoT.

All in all though, this is a must play if you enjoyed the two previous games. I love the ending movie. :thumbsup: