Your response to violence in Games

Hell Kitty

Methinks it has to do with whats hitting you... Panzerschrek probably doesn't do as much damage as a tank or a tank killer. Also depending on where you are hit things would change. from behind=headshot, front=hand, sides would be the torso, and the belly of the tank would be like putting a gun so far up your nose it's poking your brain then pulling the trigger.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

"Ok men! We have to hold this area with no reinforcements for 5 minutes! But don't worry, if any of you die, another guy will pop out from the wall over there to the right to fill your place back up in the squad!"

Call of Duty. :)

Medal of Honor is more like, "Ok guys, this is a 12 man assault, and 8 of you are scripted to die for no apparent reason even if there's no firing going on! Good luck!"

Edited by Jast

"Ok men! We have to hold this area with no reinforcements for 5 minutes! But don't worry, if any of you die, another guy will pop out from the wall over there to the right to fill your place back up in the squad!"

Call of Duty. :)

Medal of Honor is more like, "Ok guys, this is a 12 man assault, and 8 of you are scripted to die for no apparent reason even if there's no firing going on! Good luck!"

well that's not just Call of duty... that's also Brothers in arms (except the same dudes reappear between missions.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I like playing violent femme fatale vamps.  HAHAHAHAHA!

I don't have victims.  I have lunch.

But you don't kill them, right? That would be inhumane. Just drain them until they're within an inch of death and leave them swaying in the breeze.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

it depends on what kind of mood i'm in for me i once slaughtered the entire town of balamora on Morrowind because i was in a bad mood. stupid people never even saw it coming from their precious nevernine. but as far as playing charactors i generally play good first evil second then my own personality third

Getting quite the collection there :thumbsup:

I still like your quote he has in your sig. So true.

Back to topic. I like how a game displays real life like violence like blood being splattered over the walls. One thing that is lacking there is blood being splattered on you. If severed someone's neck with a knife, that blood splatter is going to get on you.

• 2 weeks later...
I used to have a real hard time being evil in most games, but I seem to find it a bit easier now.  Perhaps I have become more sadistic?? :p

More likely been desensitised at least to computer violence.

Please oh please tell me that that is a joke.

http://www.newscientist.com/article.ns?id=...ine-news_rss091

Not a joke.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

The article is full of crap. Period. And, I'll beat up anyone who disagrees with me after playing Fallout and blowing a way one of the kids!

Hahahahahahaha!!!

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I've witnessed pixelized people being blown apart, having their heads ripped off, getting filled with pixel bullets, being eaten by sharks, crushed in dumpsters, falling to their "deaths" from massive heights, burning alive, etc. etc.

Why is it that so much as hearing about physical violence in the real world on the order of what occurs in violent games makes me cringe and gives me a sick feeling?

The mere thought of such things happening in real life is just... :huh: :'(

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

I've never been able to blow away one of the kids in fallout.

though I have been tempted to let some of those little pickpockets take an armed explosive.  :)"

You can stop them from pick pocketing you by walking up and hitting them once, and not killing them. Do it to all of the pick pocket kids and they will run away from you after that.

I've felt bad about it.  Whenever I try to roleplay evil people, I always find myself unable to do overtly evil things like mugging or killing people.  Taking over a planet and having millions of its inhabitants killed is easy, I just can't do it when I'm on a personal level with my killee.

Yeah, i'm quite happy to burn down a city in Civ4 if it suits my specific needs, but i'm quite incapable of playing the badguy in any kind of RPG-type situation, the most I can manage is that which has comedy value, such as pushing people down wells. ...though I do seem to take rather too much pleasure from setting people on fire.

Yeah, so basically, if it's FUNNY then I will do it several times and keep laughing, but if it's just plain cruel, no thanks.

As for the pickpocket kids above, stupid UK laws. 'Hey, where's all my stuff gone?'

Edited by Nick_i_am

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

I've never been able to blow away one of the kids in fallout.

though I have been tempted to let some of those little pickpockets take an armed explosive.  :)"

You can stop them from pick pocketing you by walking up and hitting them once, and not killing them. Do it to all of the pick pocket kids and they will run away from you after that.

Or you could just wield a weapon. :)"

"Who could blame Skynet? He's such a cute, innocent, steel-bolted robot."

-Gauntlet