Poll: Dumbest Sith Lord

Which Sith Lord was the dumbest? Explain your opinion!  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Which Sith Lord was the dumbest? Explain your opinion!

• Darth Vader
    • Darth Maul
    • Darth Sidious
    • Jerec
    • Darth Traya
    • Darth Malak
    • Darth Revan

Malak for reasons already mentioned in this thread.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Darth Maul tends to use only a double-bladed lightsaber and little of the force. At least most of the other sith lords were generally force users. Especially Count Dooku.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

You know you would think that Darth Malak would of at least Learned from Lord revan its kind of sad that he didn't cause revan is very intelligent so you would at least think malak would be a smart aprentice. Revan is pretty stupid for pickink Malak as an aprentice.

I pitty the fool who don't have the force.

And for the record, Vader wasn't stupid.  Anakin was.  :ermm:

Yes, very true...but I stand by association they're the same :D

Besides, he was named Darth Vader before the final fight so it actually was Vader, just not in his famous form.

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

and he was excellent with a lightsaber. killed 2 master jedi and kept up with windu. did you not see revenge of the sith??

He killed three, and according to the novel, they were the best available swordsmen that Windu had on hand.

Well, with the exception of Anakin (lol, 2 of them didn't even get to show their skills).

Anyway the important point is that Sidious is clearly one of the smartest schemers and can hold his own in a lightsaber fight.

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

lol, i chose malak only to discover that so did many others. i agree with what people said about how malak should have learned from revan, and malak wasn't very good tactically. he needed bastila just to have an edge over the republic. whereas Revan would have torn through the republic like he did the mandalorians. I don't see why people think Darth Maul is the dumbest. he was just another puppet of Palpatine like Dooku, that one chick with dual lightsabers in the clone wars cartoons, and then anakin too. they are all the same level of dumb, except anakin ends up redeeming himself by saving his son.

Well, with the exception of Anakin (lol, 2 of them didn't even get to show their skills).

Anyway the important point is that Sidious is clearly one of the smartest schemers and can hold his own in a lightsaber fight.

Sidious wasn't that great with a lightsaber. He got owned by Windu and Yoda and had to use the force(lightning and hurling pods) to beat them, but by far was the best Sith Lord of all time.

Vader, IMHO, was probably the dumbest or least intelligent. Even in some of the books that take place after the OT was described as nothing more than a brute.

Sidious wasn't that great with a lightsaber. He got owned by Windu and Yoda and had to use the force(lightning and hurling pods) to beat them, but by far was the best Sith Lord of all time.

Vader, IMHO, was probably the dumbest or least intelligent. Even in some of the books that take place after the OT was described as nothing more than a brute.

You can argue that Sidious was letting Windu own him so that Anakin would step in

Edited by foxdez

You can argue that Sidious was letting Windu own him so that Anakin would step in

There shouldn't even be an argument, he totally did that on purpose. at any time he could've stopped his force lightning from killing himself and used a force push instead or something.

Why does everyone think Malak's a bonehead?

Vader's got to be the idiot. In Episode 3, he doesnt think-Palpatine does it for him. At the end, you see what happens when he starts thinking-he gets his stupid legs chopped off from doing a suicidal move. In Episode 3, Darth Vader was a fool and a pawn of the darkside.

Every other sith had some brain cells, escpecially the highly intelligent, highly manipulative Sidious and Traya.

Also, Maul has about two lines in TPM. He does his talking with some amazing lightsaber duelling; No other Sith Lord have I ever seen fight like that, and all he did was let down his guard for one second, resulting in death-not what I call stupid.

I think its clear that to judge Vader as a Sith Lord, we should at least *consider* episodes 4-6, since by that time he had some experience, whereas in Episode 3 he just became a Sith Lord like 20 minutes ago...

And in 4-6 Vader can hardly be characterized as "dumb"