Best.x-maslights.ever.

Meshugger

I'm sad to hear you say that  :(

Christmas is fun if you spend it with fun people  :)

You should spend Christmas with me Gabs  ^_^

I pretty much agree with Gabs. Christmas is a fake holiday used by early Christians to subvert the Winter Solstice to convert pagans which later developed into being an overly commercialized holiday built on greed.

Tell me in more detail what it is that bothers you about Christmas. Is it just the fact that it has something to do with Christianity (although it really shouldn't since Christ was probably not born in the winter) or is it something a bit more specific?

Or do you just get really lame presents every year? :(

"Who could blame Skynet? He's such a cute, innocent, steel-bolted robot."

-Gauntlet

It is how it was originally used by early Christians to convert pagans by taking over their holiday and then turned into a capitalistic greed for all by today's society.

The birth of some half divine git is irrelevant in this matter.

Edited by Hades_One

It is how it was originally used by early Christians to convert pagans by taking over their holiday and then turned into a capitalistic greed for all by today's society.

The birth of some half divine git  is irrelevant in this matter.

Amusing how the christians used pagan holidays to combine with their own to get new converts. Especially when pagans are evil and should be put to the torch.

Christianity setback evolution and the industrial age by more than a 1000 years. Should have left the vikings in charge and colonization of space would have been finalized some 500 years ago...of course we would have missed the enjoyment of the oppression of women as they were much more liberal in the viking age and we would also have missed the opportunity to be ruled by utter retards as Kings would still have been a matter of the fittest....and christmas we got, we were probably running out of goats to sacrifice and skulls to drink from eventually ...

(Signatures: disabled) 

Christianity setback evolution and the industrial age by more than a 1000 years. Should have left the vikings in charge and colonization of space would have been finalized some 500 years ago...of course we would have missed the enjoyment of the oppression of women as they were much more liberal in the viking age and we would also have missed the opportunity to be ruled by utter retards as Kings would still have been a matter of the fittest....and christmas we got, we were probably running out of goats to sacrifice and skulls to drink from eventually ...

Percisely. Humankind went back a few steps thanks to the benevolent christian religion. I don't know much about islam so I can't say anything about how "benevolent" they are.

I still like the music...and still don't know what it's from, if anything. ;)

It's "Wizards in Winter", from 'Lost Christmas Eve', by Trans Siberian Orchestra. :)

Edited to add linky to their site:

http://www.trans-siberian.com/multimedia/index.shtml

Edited by kalimeeri

I'm sad to hear you say that  ;)

I pretty much agree with Gabs. Christmas is a fake holiday used by early Christians to subvert the Winter Solstice to convert pagans which later developed into being an overly commercialized holiday built on greed.

I take it back... Gabs should spend Christmas with Hades :)

[color=gray][i]OO-TINI![/i][/color]

It's "Wizards in Winter", from 'Lost Christmas Eve', by Trans Siberian Orchestra. :)

So not ELO but TSO? :)

Thank you very much, you're my new hero. ;)

I really like the 'Remember' song. I'll have to go out and buy the CD now.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'm sad to hear you say that  :luck:

I take it back... Gabs should spend Christmas with Hades :)

That is so wrong.

The only reason I celebrate christmas is because my family does otherwise I would have nothing to do with it.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester