Proof Jesus was black

Mojo

To Potent:

True, but then again every old world organized religion has done it to some extent.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Without Christ, the church has no power. Look at history, the church and pope have lost significant power over the last millennium, Christ's power only grew.

Yes the church has lost a lot of influence. Reason and religion dont make comfortable bedfellows after all. However where do you get this idea that christ has power ? If it wasnt for Coca Cola , most people wouldnt even be celebrating his symbolic birthday today.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

As for spiritual resurrection, it is ... spiritual ... from my personal understandings. Christianity's prophet was killed yet the religion grew into life - Christ's teachings spread and his followers multiplied. I guess I would say that Christ is resurrected in people's hearts.

Yes i'm sure the irony of it being spread at the end of a sword isnt lost on anyone.

I am well aware the fact that Christianity contains much corruption and evil.

To Potent:

True, but then again every old world organized religion has done it to some extent.

True, but then again they never really had the whole peace love and forgiveness thing going either.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

That is not love.  Its fear and that is fear intheir own minds for they cannot grasp reality.  They only claim Jesus as their focus due to their upbringing and social environment.

So, the fact that religion brings peace, tranquility and a more defined sense values to their life doesn't matter?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

To Potent:

True, but then again they never really had the whole peace love and forgiveness thing going either.

So didn't Christianity back then. The point was to get as much people as possible under one cross. And to get a heckload of resources and dough in the process.

kirottu said:

As for spiritual resurrection, it is ... spiritual ... from my personal understandings. Christianity's prophet was killed yet the religion grew into life - Christ's teachings spread and his followers multiplied. I guess I would say that Christ is resurrected in people's hearts.

Yes and no.

Christianity has indeed spread,but Jesus's teachings seem forgotten in the hearts of men.A shame.

I see no actual proof that these two prophecies are fulfilled myself. I guess I frankly just don't care that much. Neither do I care whether Jesus should be entitled Christ. 'Christ', just a name or a notion.

I believe that calling a man Christ means recognising him as the Messiah.That is why I dislike the spread usage of the term.

Again, the problem is that Christ has no interest in designing a perfect system to spread his teachings. He rather decided to let men do it themselves. The church is corrupt but still only a tool for the religion of Christ. Without Christ, the church has no power. Look at history, the church and pope have lost significant power over the last millennium, Christ's power only grew.

What power does this man have when most of the so called Christians care little for his teachings,but mindlessly obey their religious leaders?

The Church killed Jesus a long time ago.They've been busy defiling his remains ever since.

I love these arguments, because when we get to the bottom of them, I can counter everything with "you just have to believe" or "it's a matter of faith". :D

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:

<snip from the latest  message>

I blame the catholics. ;)

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:

So, the fact that religion brings peace, tranquility and a more defined sense values to their life doesn't matter?

Ah the functionalist perspective. It dosnt matter if something is real as long as it is functional.

Or to put in another way "false hope is better than no hope".

This is why I tend to agree with Freud , that religion stems from mans need for a father figure. Or rather in my view that if an adult desires the same comforts as a child, then they need something bigger than themselves to look too. When you consider that there have been 1000's of religions over mankinds history, just because christianity happens to be in vogue right now, dosnt make it any more valid than any other.

Just as it replaced previous belief systems I have little doubt that it to will be replaced. Most likely by aethism at which point I would have considered that the human race has grown up.

478327[/snapback]

<snip from the latest  message>

I blame the catholics. ;)

It's always the Catholics with you isn't it, Muso? The Catholics stole and ate the candy. The catholics ate my homework. The catholics revere the Holy Virgin Mary. When are you going to accept responsibility?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Just as it replaced previous belief systems I have little doubt that it to will be replaced. Most likely by aethism at which point I would have considered that the human race has grown up.

I think I said it to you before, if you believe your life has a purpose, I consider you religious. Your beliefs is your religion. You don't have to believe in God. What is 'God' anyway?

The degree of belief many atheists have in themselves strikes me as far more amusing than a belief in a supreme being.

Religion is like drink. Good in moderation. And mixing religions makes you vomit.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I think I said it to you before, if you believe your life has a purpose, I consider you religious. Your beliefs is your religion. You don't have to believe in God. What is 'God' anyway?

Well you can believe what you like but that dosnt make me religious :wacko: Which I'm not by any meaningful definition of the word.

The concept of god as a singular entity was first developed by the egyptians I believe.

478327[/snapback]

Well you can believe what you like but that dosnt make me religious :wacko: Which I'm not by any meaningful definition of the word.

The concept of god as a singular entity was first developed by the egyptians I believe.

After they got invaded by the arabs maybe.

There are none that are right, only strong of opinion. There are none that are wrong, only ignorant of facts

What is meaningful anyway? I have decided to redefine religious beliefs as beliefs that your life has a higher purpose and that you feel a sense of duty to mankind. I shall not rest until my defintion becomes generally accepted!!!!!!!! ShadowPaladin - You are religious. Come on, it's not a bad word... ;)

The degree of belief many atheists have in themselves strikes me as far more amusing than a belief in a supreme being.

The reverse is true as well, by which I mean, I'm absolutely astounded that any human is so arrogant as to presume that, if God exists, he or she is fully competent of understanding God's will.

Both are very true.

(1)Ah the functionalist perspective. It dosnt matter if something is real as long as it is functional.

Or to put in another way "false hope is better than no hope".

This is why I tend to agree with Freud, (2) that religion stems from mans need for a father figure. Or rather in my view that if an adult desires the same comforts as a child, then they need something bigger than themselves to look too. When you consider that there have been 1000's of religions over mankinds history,(4) just because christianity happens to be in vogue right now, dosnt make it any more valid than any other.

Just as it replaced previous belief systems I have little doubt that it to will be replaced. Most likely by aethism(3) at which point I would have considered that the human race has grown up.

I've been longing for this, for some reason... First off, I don't take the church's tyranny and horrible deeds back then in to account when I argue about my faith or, eh..."talk with god". I believe in god(s), not some institution.

(1)Yes, if we ask "What's the point of religion?", then the answer I'd give is the functionalist one. Religion stems from the human's need to explain the unknown and the want to grasp some of it. On that point; Marx really is right about the opiate thing.

(2)Father figure as in; authority, comfort and love? Everyone needs them. You could say that if the society doesn't provide, goes does. Which explains why so many cons, addicts and misfits find comfort from church. But, I don't exactly agree about he need of a father figure. Yes, everyone prays when they're scared, for that something to take care of them, so in the bottom every individual needs someone big to trust to. Then again; I have a dad a somewhat loving family and several friends, so you could say that my need for authority, love and comfort are satisfied. Why do I believe in that something then? Do you mean...

(3) ...that I'm irrational? Remnant of an older system? Somehow daft? Or do you mean that this is a seasonal thing? Something people grasp for in this age in their search for life's meaning.

(4) This I fully agree with. It's a faith thing. Some cynical individual could say that all believers do religion like drugs; big one that fits you just as long you get the kicks. Well, why not? I don't know what urges christinaity satisfies in me, but I can say that I chose my opium well. :D

kirottu said:

The reverse is true as well, by which I mean, I'm absolutely astounded that any human is so arrogant as to presume that, if God exists, he or she is fully competent of understanding God's will.

Agreed.

And Walsh, give it up. We know it's always the caths. :wacko:" Or spanish inquisition

kirottu said: