Proof Jesus was black

Mojo

Then you couldn't take the credit for lives saved in the name of Christianity either. Just think what a ugly world we will be living in, if Moses and Jesus never taught anything about loving our neighbors and forgiving our debtors. We'd already teared each other part.

^I can't credit that to those guys.

Morals don't come from god.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Think it like this; if christianity wouldn't have happened; another religion may had. Maybe jews had a reformation, maybe something else, but I think we've grown as people because of the times, not solely because of chrisitanity.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

WHoring attention? I whore no more attention than you give, Surreptishus. If you or Sarj don't like what I say or post on these forums don't respond and use that ignore function. It is why its there. If you don't want to use the ignore function and keep reading my posts, then the fault lies with you and not with me. If you have further problems then PM me and leave such matters out of the threads.

What Jesus taught is irrelevant to what his followers have done in his name, julianw. For every person in history that loved his neighbor in the name of God there are five who would gladly put his neighbor's head on a pike in Christ's name.

^I can't credit that to those guys.

Morals don't come from god.

What he said.

There are plenty of moral people who have had no exposure to christianity. There are plenty of immoral people who have.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

Why am I defending Christianity when I am not even a Christian? Maybe I should jump on the wagon and start talking about how the Crusaders are the most disgusting scums this Earth has ever witnessed or how those priests could preach about God and then have sex with little boys in their dark chambers. Or how about those good European Christians who came to Beijing on their battleships, raped our women and burned the city to the ground?

Should I hold a grudge against Christ because they were Christians or any other time a crime is committed in the name of Christ? Remember Christ is not the source of those evils. We all have free will. If you read the Bible and see it fit to kill Native Americans or raise a war against another nation, perhaps you missed a few lines in the Ten Commandments.

And ShadowPaladin - I am sure there are plenty of religious people who are also immoral. But how could you ever be capable of noble acts like self-sacrifice without being religious (again it doesn't mean you have to believe in God)?

Edited by julianw

And ShadowPaladin - I am sure there are plenty of religious people who are also immoral. But how could you ever be capable of noble acts like self-sacacrifice without being religious (again it doesn't mean you have to believe in God)?

Plenty of people who don't believe are not relgious or believe in god are nobel.

Aethiests have thrown themselves on grenades to save friends just the same.

Actually I'd be much more inclined to believe an aethiests motive as pure since they have no reason to be scoring points like some christians do.

I have to agree with Volourn.  Bioware is pretty much dead now.  Deals like this kills development studios.

478327[/snapback]

And ShadowPaladin - I am sure there are plenty of religious people who are also immoral. But how could you ever be capable of noble acts like self-sacacrifice without being religious (again it doesn't mean you have to believe in God)?

Plenty of people who don't believe are not relgious or believe in god are nobel.

Aethiests have thrown themselves on grenades to save friends just the same.

Actually I'd be much more inclined to believe an aethiests motive as pure since they have no reason to be scoring points like some christians do.

So tell me why would he/she do that?

What why would an aethiest dive on a grenade to save a friend ? Since it's not something I'd be inclined to do, not something I can answer. But it does happen so self sacrfice is not confined only to people who believe in god.

I know many aethiests who are still humanitarians. Although I wouldnt say I was one since I tend to stick all life on the same shelf.

478327[/snapback]

What why would an aethiest dive on a grenade to save a friend ? Since it's not something I'd be inclined to do, not something I can answer.

I doubt they have a definite answer about the reasons for their noble actions either. Hence making my point. They do not believe in God but obviously they believe in something so that they decided that their life's purpose is to serve that goal of saving a friend or even a stranger's life. Do you still insist that they are not religious? :thumbsup: I mean you can't get any more religious than having such strong faith that you willingly give up your life.

Edited by julianw

We've yet to flame. Wonderful :D

kirottu said:

I doubt they have a definite answer about the reasons for their noble actions either. Hence making my point. They do not believe in God but obviously they believe in something so that they decided that their life's purpose is to serve that goal of saving a friend or even a stranger's life. Do you still insist that they are not religious? :thumbsup: I mean you can't get any more religious than having such strong faith that you willingly give up your life.

Giving up your life has nothing to do with religion. Lest you forget suicide is not looked upon kindly, yet it's the same thing you are knowingly taking your own life. That you are doing it to save the lives of others is pure semantics.

Trying to attribute all acts of goodness to religion whilst disavowing the bad seems to me hypocritical.

478327[/snapback]

Not all acts of goodness are attributed to religion but religion can inspire acts of goodness.

Giving up your life for another is not suicide. Christ did it himself. I would say Gandhi did it too. It's an act of devotion. Such devotion does not come from logic but strong faith. If you don't want to call it religious then let's use another phase: a state of love.

Well, Jesus didn't abandon us even though we stinks and even killed him. Trust me, the world will be much grimmer if he did.

'we' ? I didn't kill anybody and what's more, i don't stink either...

I was speaking 'we' as humans collectively as one group. :blink: Read Hades's sig. You might understand why I talked with him in that way.